What's new

Can The Jazz Fix Wiggins?

If we got him then I'd assume that it was because Quin and DL felt confident they could implement him into the offense and make him give a **** about basketball.

So I'd be all for it.

But I don't think we will get him, so I will assume the opposite.

He has all the talent in the world though, and definitely fill some holes for us, in theory.

So you're one of the ones that still has faith in DL's Roster building abilities. You're a rare breed my friend.

Its probably not a good idea, but at this point what the heck do the Jazz do. They have painted themselves into a corner with a lot of bad decisions when it comes to assets. If they didnt get extremely lucky with Gobert and Mitchell, this organization would be a mess.

This is what the tanker crowd was trying to warn about. Now we are in a spot where you cant accumulate assets. Our current assets arent worth much(other than the stars we dont want to trade). We cant tank now. Now what? Pray that we get really lucky a 3rd time in the draft? Thats about all that is left at this point

Should have tanked harder. Should have drafted better. Should traded assets instead of watching them walk. But no, we just had to go for that 8th seed *** woopin every year.

Its so stupid. Could see this coming a mile away.

Even if the jazz somehow had a high draft pick their lottery draft history doesn’t exactly breed confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its probably not a good idea, but at this point what the heck do the Jazz do. They have painted themselves into a corner with a lot of bad decisions when it comes to assets. If they didnt get extremely lucky with Gobert and Mitchell, this organization would be a mess.

This is what the tanker crowd was trying to warn about. Now we are in a spot where you cant accumulate assets. Our current assets arent worth much(other than the stars we dont want to trade). We cant tank now. Now what? Pray that we get really lucky a 3rd time in the draft? Thats about all that is left at this point

Should have tanked harder. Should have drafted better. Should traded assets instead of watching them walk. But no, we just had to go for that 8th seed *** woopin every year.

Lot of truth to this...

The biggest issue I have with our plans have been the unwillingness to take a bad contract so we can get an asset to use later. We have had so many opportunities but we always seemed to prefer middling free agent additions instead.

We gotta be bold if we miss out on big free agents. No more of this spending $13 million on guys like Jerekbo, Thabo and Udoh. Use the space to get an asset.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

That's pretty much it. And that's why, barring unusual circumstances (unusual, not impossible, but...) Jazz will be faced with unconfortable choices sooner or later. In my very humble opinion, if the unusual circumstances do not appear this offseason, the sooner they face their doom the better.

Trade what assets?

With Hayward, we were not the 8 seed but the 5 seed and won in the first round and improving. Then he bolted. I’m not sure we would’ve gotten anything substantial for him if it was so damn obvious he was leaving according to some so it made no sense to trade him. I hear ya on the other stuff and we should’ve gone fuller tank but I’m not sure what assets we should’ve traded.

Being a fan of Ender's Game, I really wanted Wiggin(s) to end up on the Jazz. Isn't a name a good enough reason to pick up a player? But he's no Ender.

I get you're overall sentiment, but the Jazz are far from being in a corner.

Trade what assets?

With Hayward, we were not the 8 seed but the 5 seed and won in the first round and improving. Then he bolted. I’m not sure we would’ve gotten anything substantial for him if it was so damn obvious he was leaving according to some so it made no sense to trade him. I hear ya on the other stuff and we should’ve gone fuller tank but I’m not sure what assets we should’ve traded.
It's so depressing to think if Hayward stayed. The team would be so nasty.