What's new

Can The Jazz Fix Wiggins?

How high would our 1st (23), a couple 2nds and some combo of Favors, Bradley, Exum, and Jae get us?

How high would our 1st (23), a couple 2nds and some combo of Favors, Bradley, Exum, and Jae get us?

Depends... take back some bad money and it could land you in the late teens... in this draft I wouldn’t do it. I’m sure Charlotte might entertain a deal to send MKG for Crowder and Korver and swap picks... they could waive and stretch Korver... saves them 5M-6M in room and gets them a better player (I think). If they bring back Kemba and Lamb they will be in a tough position salary wise. MJ won’t want to pay the tax for a borderline playoff team.

Yep. Though our problems at the 1 and 4 would still exist so I’m not sure how nasty we would be and I’m not sure how empowered Mitchell would feel and play.
Mitchell would have been fine. Hayward was never a shot hog or a ball dominant player. I think Rubio would have looked a lot better with Hayward as well. Also dont think the issue at the 4 would be a huge deal because Hayward can play the 4 against Houston or Golden State.

Mitchell would have been fine. Hayward was never a shot hog or a ball dominant player. I think Rubio would have looked a lot better with Hayward as well. Also dont think the issue at the 4 would be a huge deal because Hayward can play the 4 against Houston or Golden State.

This is all a bit of wishful thinking.

Let’s say Horford opts out (doubt it) and we strike out with younger, big name guys.

Can Horford play the 4 effectively and would Cy pursue him?

Let’s say Horford opts out (doubt it) and we strike out with younger, big name guys.

His foot speed will be getting bad as he turns 33. Certainly doesn't seem like a good matchup for the west keyholders: Houston, GS, and the upcoming Nuggets.

I just finally realized your role around here.... it's asking dumb questions like this.
Thanks for finding your niche.

Wolves GM is like...

12012844.jpg

"Ask me about my Wiggins!"

If we are looking at truly awful contracts why not go for taking assets and getting Batum... He had a weird year, but I think there is a functional player in there still... no where near worth his contract either way, but maybe you could pilfer two 1sts for him and make a good reclamation project out of him. I mean Quin seems to get the best out of guys...

He made his threes... solid passer... just usage rate fell of a cliff. Seems like a guy that could do well in our type of system... if he cares about basketball still.

I will say I'd rather get a good first and take on Batum than go for Wiggins without any other compensation. Hopefully you could get two firsts.

I wouldn't really want this deal, but I'd want it more than Wiggins or Love... I think I'd rather set myself on fire than any of these options.

If we are looking at truly awful contracts why not go for taking assets and getting Batum... He had a weird year, but I think there is a functional player in there still... no where near worth his contract either way, but maybe you could pilfer two 1sts for him and make a good reclamation project out of him. I mean Quin seems to get the best out of guys...

He made his threes... solid passer... just usage rate fell of a cliff. Seems like a guy that could do well in our type of system... if he cares about basketball still.

I will say I'd rather get a good first and take on Batum than go for Wiggins without any other compensation. Hopefully you could get two firsts.

I wouldn't really want this deal, but I'd want it more than Wiggins or Love... I think I'd rather set myself on fire than any of these options.

c'mon Kevin Love is good !!!

Tough to fix the problems there imo... motivation, work ethic, etc are things development staff may not be able to fix sadly.

That’s too big of a bet to make... that feels like a Sacramento Kings move but they likely prefer Barnes.
This is exactly the problem Mitchell has, motivation to play defense, and our development staff and team D concept has actually actively made it worse. I have zero faith we would do anything with Wiggins other than bring out the inner chucker in him and turn him into another turnstile on defense. That's all we need is another hero for hero ball. And a less efficient one at that.

I know I said the Warriors package was good but its kinda iffy... Kuminga is the guy that is most intriguing... I'd kinda rather get a mystery bag of picks for Rudy and not send him to GS... just use their offer as leverage. The also owe a pick to Memphis so you'd get a pick in 22 (not great) and then maybe 26 (which is more juicy).