What's new

Can We Please Just Waive NWG?

NWG is trash. It isn’t the stats with Shaq it’s defense he’s a good role player NWG is an above average g league guy we can get of the street anytime we need to.
I really don't get acting like NWG is trash. He might get not work in the nba for w/e reason, but he would be a top euroleague PG for years to come.

Why are all the people who are getting extremely butt hurt over not signing Shaq not praising the Trent Forrest signing? They are basically the same players but Forrest has more PG skills.
Maybe it has something to do with the vast differences in their resumes?

I really don't get acting like NWG is trash. He might get not work in the nba for w/e reason, but he would be a top euroleague PG for years to come.
So would Neto... he’s too skinny and slow to be anything other than a Neto level guy.

So here’s another thing... we have two trade exceptions. We could work a sign and trade fairly easy if we had to pay more than the minimum.

Al Jefferson I think
Oh good. So maybe we’re about due for our once-a-decade TPE use. Typically the organization uses them as a desert mirage to placate us, only to get so far out that we become unattached and don’t notice when they just expire.

I thought this was waive Niang. I'm all for that. Waive NWG too. Neither of them are any level of impact player at all. Where the **** is our perimeter D?

I thought this was waive Niang. I'm all for that. Waive NWG too. Neither of them are any level of impact player at all. Where the **** is our perimeter D?
Favors.

No he isnt lmao. He's 190 with a 6'7 wingspan. Many have written him off simply because he plays a very boring style. I'm not saying I expect him to be great, but it's ridiculous how big a fuss people are making over him.
He’s too unathletic. While he might have those measurements he isn’t strong enough or quick enough to survive as anything except a Neto level third option... and I think Neto is a better shooter.

Shaq can play 3-4 positions including pg in a pinch. He’s one of the most disruptive defenders in the league. He’s shown progress with his one big issue... he’s very athletic. He’s a much better value proposition than NWG. It isn’t that he’s boring it’s that he has no differentiating skill or physical attribute. There will always be a Neto or Trey Burke that are available and better than he is. There are like 5-10 better pg prospects that range from good solid vet to interesting upside guy. Hell Tucker was a better use of a roster spot. If you are going to carry 14 guys instead of 15 that’s fine but there is still a pandemic going around and having a better depth piece is just smarter.

Why are all the people who are getting extremely butt hurt over not signing Shaq not praising the Trent Forrest signing? They are basically the same players but Forrest has more PG skills.
Because Shaq has over 2000 minutes of being a good NBA defender. On the other hand, it probably doesn’t matter that much.

Zach Lowe had a great line on this in his last podcast. Basketball needs have affection for certain players that they think proves their intelligence. In reality, it’s probably not a big deal and the 30 teams in the league have watched more Shaq and know more about him than we ever will.

That said, and I am absolutely an online basketball elitist and I cannot fathom why we haven’t signed this guy who played 500 minutes for the Bulls last season. Furious!

I don't know what Cy see is NWG. Nothing of what he was doing in Europe seemed translatable to the NBA to me, and I said so before he came back to the NBA. And in the few instances he's shared the floor with NBA talent that's exactly what has transpired. He's not a rotational-level NBA guard. He has good skill and athleticism for the Euro game but a lot of guards do that never amount to anything in the NBA. He's just one of those IMO.

I don't really mind him being the 14th guy on our bench but... I guess if we can replace him with someone that can be more serviceable, I'd prefer that.

He’s too unathletic. While he might have those measurements he isn’t strong enough or quick enough to survive as anything except a Neto level third option... and I think Neto is a better shooter.

Shaq can play 3-4 positions including pg in a pinch. He’s one of the most disruptive defenders in the league. He’s shown progress with his one big issue... he’s very athletic. He’s a much better value proposition than NWG. It isn’t that he’s boring it’s that he has no differentiating skill or physical attribute. There will always be a Neto or Trey Burke that are available and better than he is. There are like 5-10 better pg prospects that range from good solid vet to interesting upside guy. Hell Tucker was a better use of a roster spot. If you are going to carry 14 guys instead of 15 that’s fine but there is still a pandemic going around and having a better depth piece is just smarter.
He tested better athletically than Monte Morris in every combine text plus much better size.

The Jazz signed Shaq Harrison's clone in Trent Forrest. Just go look at their college stats. Practically the same player, but young and on a better contract than what Shaq would have signed.

I don't know what Cy see is NWG. Nothing of what he was doing in Europe seemed translatable to the NBA to me, and I said so before he came back to the NBA. And in the few instances he's shared the floor with NBA talent that's exactly what has transpired. He's not a rotational-level NBA guard. He has good skill and athleticism for the Euro game but a lot of guards do that never amount to anything in the NBA. He's just one of those IMO.

I don't really mind him being the 14th guy on our bench but... I guess if we can replace him with someone that can be more serviceable, I'd prefer that.
He doesn’t he just likes to be pro front office and to take stances that are different... he will turn on NWG just like he did on Tony Bradley.

I really dont see much in him. I think he has the potential to be a perfectly fine 3rd string guard. I'm just not going to cry and bitch about him being on a roster over SHaq Harrison (especially, as I have stated, when we have his clone on a 2-way deal). He's got good size and can shoot.

He tested better athletically than Monte Morris in every combine text plus much better size.

The Jazz signed Shaq Harrison's clone in Trent Forrest. Just go look at their college stats. Practically the same player, but young and on a better contract than what Shaq would have signed.
You can play two of those guys and Shaq can play now... Forrest is a rookie.

So NWG is Morris huh... k we will see if that comp enters the ****** comp HoF with TB is a poor mans Aldridge.

He doesn’t he just likes to be pro front office and to take stances that are different... he will turn on NWG just like he did on Tony Bradley.
Just because I'm not getting circle jerked by 4 other posters doesnt mean my takes are different for the sake of being different.