What's new

Can We Please Just Waive NWG?

I'm pretty sure we're paying the tax. Any 14th player keeps us over the tax. It's too risky to be at 13 in this covid climate. I also doubt the Jazz will go the 10 day contract route with covid around. The only way we might duck the tax is through an unexpected deadline trade.

This is true only if Udoka signed at 120% of his rookie deal. If he didn’t, the Jazz can be under with 14 guys.

Amazing... just jaw dropping.

I mean Shaq had a 2.8 bpm on a ****** NBA team and was an astonishing net plus 12.2 (Rudy was a net 10.9 for reference) in the NBA. But those numbers are from the NBA so its probably not super applicable to the Jazz who also play in the NBA... oh wait.
Hey that Shaq guy just doesn't have jazz DNA. After all, he can probably defend on the perimeter, catch a pass, and move sideways from time to time.

Hey that Shaq guy just doesn't have jazz DNA. After all, he can probably defend on the perimeter, catch a pass, and move sideways from time to time.
He constantly tries to take the ball away from the other team which feels like a form of cheating and in fact goes by the name stealing... do we want to be an organization that gets ahead by taking from others?

I’ve heard this defensive intensity makes others feel uncomfortable. We want to be welcoming and inviting not antagonistic.

He constantly tries to take the ball away from the other team which feels like a form of cheating and in fact goes by the name stealing... do we want to be an organization that gets ahead by taking from others?

I’ve heard this defensive intensity makes others feel uncomfortable. We want to be welcoming and inviting not antagonistic.
He would make all the other players nervous and anxious.

We believe in our system and our ability to develop. Maybe a little too much for our own good sometimes.

Somewhere John Stockton is so so mad. NWG actually played well in the pre-season... wonder if someone picks him up.

I heard they did it now because they didn’t want to pay his per diem in Portland.
The question is will they trade or waive Morgan, Niang, or Shaq midway through the season to duck the tax. Per capulator they are $882k above the tax. I believe, per hollinger, the trick is to keep them and trade them at or near the deadline for no returning salary... then sign guys to 10-days every few weeks to meet the minimum roster threshold. Maybe its a bigger trade... but I'll bet you they end up sneaking under the tax.

The question is will they trade or waive Morgan, Niang, or Shaq midway through the season to duck the tax. Per capulator they are $882k above the tax. I believe, per hollinger, the trick is to keep them and trade them at or near the deadline for no returning salary... then sign guys to 10-days every few weeks to meet the minimum roster threshold. Maybe its a bigger trade... but I'll bet you they end up sneaking under the tax.
I think mid season we might have an idea who is worth keeping. I think they'll drop dead weight is it exists. Otherwise they will keep an eye for a trade that gets us there and/or make us better. Otherwise if we are playing well, there isn't a decent trade, and all our prospects are worth keeping they'll pay the tax.

I'm kind of expecting a trade involving Royce, Conley, or Ingles at some point if the Jazz aren't clearly in contending status

I’d be ****ing shocked if Ingles was traded.
I'd say Conley is most likely of those three. Joe is Jazz culture... Royce has a solid deal and is besties with DM. Conley is a one year guy... there is zero chance we retain him if we also extend Rudy. The money ain't gonna work.