What's new

"Celebrate the legacy of the greatest power forward to ever grace the hardwood with these videos"

KhaOZ

I'm sure like 70% of you saw this on the Jazz facebook, but for those who didn't, here you go:

https://www.nba.com/jazz/features/2010hof_karlmalone_bestofvideos.html

They really were amazing. When I watch these videos, it's like watching a piece of my childhood since I and my entire family more than watched every game. I say "more than watched" cause I believe we felt the joy of their triumphs and the pain in their losses. Many of us long time die hard Jazz fans have lived and died on the court each night with those 2(Stock & Malone).

While we may have no ring to show for the years of effort, I do believe the years of treasures those two brought us are worth more than a few of the championships I've seen won. Boston for example. They bring in a whole new team `cept for Pierce and get a ring for the first time in a long time. I personally(not that I expect everyone to agree with me) don't see how a Boston fan can have the emotional investment and joy from that quicky ring as we Jazz fans even felt after Stockton's 3 to just win the west. But that's my opinion.

I miss those two a lot, and in this era of not knowing where your star player might be next year, I am grateful Stock and Malone stayed true to the Jazz like they did.

Why do they show 'The Shot'? That was Stockton's highlight. Also, No Isiah or Duncan elbows? Those are 2of his top plays ever. I call BS on this video.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Duncan > Malone -- neg rep away, bitches.

Except I think he was questioning the previous poster that said an elbow to Duncan from Malone. Funny that he claimed they were 2 of his best plays yet he can't even remember who he hit.

Now this is Boom Bitches!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bM-Y4UoiAY&feature=PlayList&p=82C5BEDF2E86856E&playnext=1&index=33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nIHCR--Bg&feature=related

Can't find the D-Rob one...

maloneelbowsrobinson.jpg

19773.jpg

I don't get it. Why is this board so fascinated with cheap shot artists and their half-assed stunts? Great, Malone threw a bunch of unprovoked elbows at some of the all-time greats. He was an *** hole. Same thing with Raja Bell -- why do you all LOVE the fact that he cheap-shot Kobe? Wow, great job Raja! Instead of just guarding him, you cheated and threw him to the floor and essentially said, "I can't guard you, you've been torching me/us all night, you've gotten so far into my head that my butt hole hurts, and that there's a better chance that SimpleHeel will be the next Rhodes Scholar before I beat you at anything except an ugly contest. So I'll just get ejected."

Awesome.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Why is this board so fascinated with cheap shot artists and their half-assed stunts? Great, Malone threw a bunch of unprovoked elbows at some of the all-time greats. He was an *** hole.

...I have never seen ONE video that indicates Malone threw dirty elbows at anybody! They were all reaching in trying to steal the ball! They deserved what they got! They should have realized that Malone had the rebound secure....and should have been heading back down court to play defense!!!

Why's everyone on this board all about creating hate? This was to be a positive thread.

...I have never seen ONE video that indicates Malone threw dirty elbows at anybody! They were all reaching in trying to steal the ball! They deserved what they got! They should have realized that Malone had the rebound secure....and should have been heading back down court to play defense!!!

Exactly. It's basketball. He has every right to pivot and keep the ball high. It's what you're taught to do since you're 5 years old. If someone gets in your way trying to be a little piss ant playing D with their hands instead of their feet, they should be prepared for the consequences. As for Kobe, the calls he gets are breaking the rules. Who cares if someone breaks the rules to get back at him.

I don't get it. Why is this board so fascinated with cheap shot artists and their half-assed stunts? Great, Malone threw a bunch of unprovoked elbows at some of the all-time greats. He was an *** hole. Same thing with Raja Bell -- why do you all LOVE the fact that he cheap-shot Kobe? Wow, great job Raja! Instead of just guarding him, you cheated and threw him to the floor and essentially said, "I can't guard you, you've been torching me/us all night, you've gotten so far into my head that my butt hole hurts, and that there's a better chance that SimpleHeel will be the next Rhodes Scholar before I beat you at anything except an ugly contest. So I'll just get ejected."

Awesome.

Since you love Duncan so much, go ask Spurs fans why they love Bruce Bowen. Then maybe you'll get it.

As far as the Isiah elbow...I find it hilarious that to this day you still have players from that team (Salley & Laimbeer) who get pissed when the Malone elbow is mentioned. That Detroit team was the biggest pieces of cheap shot *** hats in the history of basketball. Their ring leader, Isiah, told the "enforcers" several times to take out players. Then all of the sudden it happens to them and they cry about it.

The Steve Nash elbow was clean -- or at least within the rules. Phil Jackson dedicates some time to that play in his book The Last Season.