What's new

Celtics @ Jazz; Wednesday, March 28th

[TWEET]903081117758185472[/TWEET]
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/903081117758185472

I rest my case. Cleveland blew it out of proportion to try and get more. The bluff failed, kind of. They got a 2020 2nd rounder to save some face on the tactic.

Yeah, you're wrong. What it comes down to, is that they weren't getting a better deal elsewhere, and Kyrie had to be moved. I don't know why it's so hard to believe that IT's physical made Cleveland realize that he may not add any trade value at all to the deal, when Boston was probably downplaying it. I think there's a decent chance IT doesn't play at all next year, in which case Cleveland was well within their rights to ask for extra compensation.

And when it came right down to it, Ainge agreed, even though it was only a 2nd rounder. At the end of the day, that Brooklyn pick was too tempting for the cavs to void it altogether.

Yeah, you're wrong. What it comes down to, is that they weren't getting a better deal elsewhere, and Kyrie had to be moved. I don't know why it's so hard to believe that IT's physical made Cleveland realize that he may not add any trade value at all to the deal, when Boston was probably downplaying it. I think there's a decent chance IT doesn't play at all next year, in which case Cleveland was well within their rights to ask for extra compensation.

And when it came right down to it, Ainge agreed, even though it was only a 2nd rounder. At the end of the day, that Brooklyn pick was too tempting for the cavs to void it altogether.

What am I wrong about?

Nothing about this process or results surprised Cleveland. They knew what they were trading for. They blew it out of proportion to the public in hopes to pressure Boston. Boston called their bluff and threw them a future 2nd round that probably wont even convey as a gesture of pity so Altman can save face for his play.