What's new

Charlottesville

Seems like these laws ENCOURAGE ramming vehicles into people? Why are Republicans passing these laws and what are their consequences?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the white supremacist who killed Heather Heyer with his car claim he “was scared?” So under these types of laws, he’d be a free man right now? Why the hell are we doing this?

Last edited:
Seems like these laws ENCOURAGE ramming vehicles into people? Why are Republicans passing these laws and what are their consequences?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the white supremacist who killed Heather Heyer with his car claim he “was scared?” So under these types of laws, he’d be a free man right now? Why the hell are we doing this?

As usual, worded out of context. Why didn't you include this:

House Bill 1674 also states that drivers cannot be held criminally or civilly liable for killing or injuring a protestor if they are "fleeing from a riot," and there is "reasonable belief" that they are in danger. Both must be true to be given immunity.

So if people are throwing bricks and molotovs at your car, yes, you should be allowed to protect your family and make an attempt to get out of dodge. I predict there will be zero rammings.

House Bill 1674 also states that drivers cannot be held criminally or civilly liable for killing or injuring a protestor if they are "fleeing from a riot," and there is "reasonable belief" that they are in danger. Both must be true to be given immunity.

So if people are throwing bricks and molotovs at your car, yes, you should be allowed to protect your family and make an attempt to get out of dodge. I predict there will be zero rammings.
Zero minus the one that already happened?

Zero minus the one that already happened?

Fields would have been convicted of murder under the new law. His vitriolic social media posts were enough to prove intent. He wasn't convicted of manslaughter, he was convicted of murder.

What is “reasonable belief?” Can you explain that to me? Because the man who killed Heather Heyer claimed he was “afraid.” Was he justified?

Do you seriously not see the problems created by these bills or are you just play acting your ignorant MAGA self right now? It’s difficult to tell people trolling vs people actually being this ignorant.