What's new

Cheering guide for April

framer

Correct me if i am wrong but we want:

1. Jazz win all games (we will be favored A LOT!)
2. Suns to lose (they are still a little too close, their schedule tightens up a lot their last month)
3. Lakers to lose (putting them in the 6th slot would be ideal.)
4. Blazers to win (they are healthy, it would be nice to see them pass the Lakers)
5. Nuggets to win (ditto)
6. Clippers to lose (but not too much, I'd like to see them stay in the 3 slot. I don't think that they can catch us to be honest.)
7. Mavericks to lose (because screw them)
8. Spurs to win (it would be ideal for them to be in the 8 slot)
9. Warriors to lose (because again, screw them-unless Lakers fall into the play in, then cheering for Warriors is back on!)
10. Grizzlies to Win (keeps Warriors out of the play in)
11. Kings to win (because it keeps the Warriors out, and their fans deserve it.)
12. Pelicans to lose (because I want there to be turmoil on that team.)

Am I missing anything?

Anyone remember watching the final night of the 2018-2019 season? There was like a 1/400k chance that we end up with Houston and somehow the most improbable of like 8 scenarios happened.

2. Suns to lose (they are still a little too close, their schedule tightens up a lot their last month)
4. Blazers to win (they are healthy, it would be nice to see them pass the Lakers)
6. Clippers to lose (but not too much, I'd like to see them stay in the 3 slot. I don't think that they can catch us to be honest.)
9. Warriors to lose (because again, screw them-unless Lakers fall into the play in, then cheering for Warriors is back on!)
11. Kings to win (because it keeps the Warriors out, and their fans deserve it.)

Am I missing anything?
Pretty darn good

In

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Anyone remember watching the final night of the 2018-2019 season? There was like a 1/400k chance that we end up with Houston and somehow the most improbable of like 8 scenarios happened.
Of course I remember that. Never felt more cursed.
I remember the chances of what happened happening was like .00039% or something crazy miniscule like that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Phoenix win -------Bad
Clippers Loss-------Good
Denver Win--------Good

Bonus, Philadelphia loses. Always like to see that.

Am I missing anything?
I'm in.

Am I missing anything?

That's the gist of it. The final seedings in the west should look like this...

1. Jazz
2. Clippers
3. Nuggets
4. Suns
5. Blazers
6. Lakers
7. Mavericks
8. Spurs
9. Grizzlies
10. Warriors/Pels

Jazz get the Spurs or Grizzlies in the 1st round, then play either the Suns or Blazers in the 2nd round.
The LA teams and Denver fight each other for the privilege of playing the Jazz.

Phoenix win -------Bad
Clippers Loss-------Good
Denver Win--------Good

Bonus, Philadelphia loses. Always like to see that.
Nah, can’t root for Denver like that. I don’t want them any higher than 3 seed.... so they need to continue to lose a good percentage of their games.

I’ve watched Denver’s last two games.... their ceiling is definitely higher after the trade deadline. Nobody wants to play them.

Nah, can’t root for Denver like that. I don’t want them any higher than 3 seed.... so they need to continue to lose a good percentage of their games.

I’ve watched Denver’s last two games.... their ceiling is definitely higher after the trade deadline. Nobody wants to play them.
Yeah Denver is the X-factor now. Gordon was a reasonable replacement for Grant, and now that they plugged that hole they are dangerous.

Yeah Denver is the X-factor now. Gordon was a reasonable replacement for Grant, and now that they plugged that hole they are dangerous.

The thing that makes Denver better this year potentially is MPJ's development. Aaron Gordon is pretty meh. But as a team, they're still not that great defensively.

Also, the Clippers are currently six games in the loss column behind the Jazz, with the Jazz holding the tie-breaker. They'd have to make up 7 losses on the Jazz in the final 26 games. That's very unlikely. If the Jazz finish the season 16-10, the Clippers would have to go 20-3 to take the #1 seed.

Last edited:
Also, the Clippers are currently six games in the loss column behind the Jazz, with the Jazz holding the tie-breaker. They'd have to make up 7 losses on the Jazz in the final 26 games. That's very unlikely. If the Jazz finish the season 16-10, the Clippers would have to go 20-3 to take the #1 seed.
Yeah, after the loss last night, I may be ready to call the hit off on the Clippers. I still want them in that third spot though, so I don't want them passing Phoenix.

The thing that makes Denver better this year potentially is MPJ's development. Aaron Gordon is pretty meh. But as a team, they're still not that great defensively.
Yeah I like our shooting against Denver more than the Clippers or the Lakers. A lot more people to hunt offensively on the Nuggets.

Yeah, after the loss last night, I may be ready to call the hit off on the Clippers. I still want them in that third spot though, so I don't want them passing Phoenix.

I think we want Phoenix to be in the 4/5 matchup with Portland. We want LAC and Denver in the 2/3 seeds. Lakers should fall to 6 or 7 and would draw the Clippers or Nuggets in the 1st round. Lakers, Clippers and Nuggets would then eliminate one another, with one team surviving to play the Jazz in the WCF.

I think we want Phoenix to be in the 4/5 matchup with Portland. We want LAC and Denver in the 2/3 seeds. Lakers should fall to 6 or 7 and would draw the Clippers or Nuggets in the 1st round. Lakers, Clippers and Nuggets would then eliminate one another, with one team surviving to play the Jazz in the WCF.
That would be nice - slim odds for it all to shake out that way but very nice

We just need PHX to lose some games. I think we can be confident that the Lakers will drop. They might lose 8 or 9 of their next 10 games.
We’ve still got two games against Phoenix, so there’s always that.