What's new

Cheering guide for April

We just need PHX to lose some games. I think we can be confident that the Lakers will drop. They might lose 8 or 9 of their next 10 games.
The Suns play like 12 of their last 16 on the road, with a steady mix of playoff teams in that trip. They will either drop like a rock or they are for real.
Those four home games are us, the Clips, Portland, and the Knicks.

Clippers are ***. Denver will pass them. I'm getting to the point that I am not afraid of them.

At this point I think i would take Westbrook over Paul George.

Nuggets are in a flow. I don't know how sustainable that is but they are pretty good right now. I wouldn't mind them winning and snatching 3rd and potentially matching up with Lakers at 6th.

Nuggets are in a flow. I don't know how sustainable that is but they are pretty good right now. I wouldn't mind them winning and snatching 3rd and potentially matching up with Lakers at 6th.
I just think the Nuggets have solved for the Clippers. I know that the Clips are missing some players, but they are going to miss the Hell out of Lou Williams as he was the only person on that team that I thought ultimately gave a damn about the team. The problems that I am seeing now won't be solved by freaking Rajon Rondo.

If Clippers played Denver in a series, they might take a game.

I just think the Nuggets have solved for the Clippers. I know that the Clips are missing some players, but they are going to miss the Hell out of Lou Williams as he was the only person on that team that I thought ultimately gave a damn about the team. The problems that I am seeing now won't be solved by freaking Rajon Rondo.

If Clippers played Denver in a series, they might take a game.
I wouldn't go that far. I think Clippers are still good but Rondo trade made them worse and less dangerous.

I think AG is busting his *** and is surprising people, I don't think that is sustainable. He will still be good for them, though. MPJ seems to have figured things out which is far more important for them.

I wouldn't go that far. I think Clippers are still good but Rondo trade made them worse and less dangerous.

I think AG is busting his *** and is surprising people, I don't think that is sustainable. He will still be good for them, though. MPJ seems to have figured things out which is far more important for them.
Clippers do a lot of standing around and jumpshooting. I mean they shoot really well, but they often don't work very hard to get those shots uncontested. That's a hard way to live.

Clippers do a lot of standing around and jumpshooting. I mean they shoot really well, but they often don't work very hard to get those shots uncontested. That's a hard way to live.
That is true and it's mostly because PG and Kawhi don't want to move much. If they kept defenses occupied, others would be much more comfortable.

Also PG has regressed a ton defensively. He is pretty shaky on the perimeter and not good at moving around screens.

Clippers' spacing is terrible, and their offense just fluctuates between Kawhi posting from the mid-post, or PG isolating on the wing. They're not getting good guard play, and their centers are pretty average. I like the Jazz's chances in a series with them, especially if Ibaka isn't 100%.

Losing Lou Will and Trez Harrell from last season hurts them. Lou gave them big buckets and Harrell gave them great energy and a pick-and-roll player.

Last edited:
Clippers' spacing is terrible, and their offense just fluctuates between Kawhi posting from the mid-post, or PG isolating on the wing. They're not getting good guard play, and their centers are pretty average. I like the Jazz's chances in a series with them, especially if Ibaka isn't 100%.

Losing Lou Will and Trez Harrell from last season hurts them. Lou gave them big buckets and Harrell gave them great energy and a pick-and-roll player.
I mean last night the only reason that they didn't get completely blown out was because of Terance Mann. He's not going to save your bacon most nights.

OK, tonight we want:

Utah over Chicago
Raps over Warriors
Dallas over New York
Memphis over Minnesota
OKC over Phoenix
Blazers over the Bucks
Kings over the Lakers

Pretty full slate.

OK, tonight we want:

Utah over Chicago
Raps over Warriors
Dallas over New York
Memphis over Minnesota
OKC over Phoenix
Blazers over the Bucks
Kings over the Lakers

Pretty full slate.

I agree with this except the Dallas game. We want Dallas to lose enough to leave the Lakers plenty of room to slide into the 6th seed. If the Lakers drop to #7, then they're in the play-in scenario and may end up as the 8th seed.

I agree with this except the Dallas game. We want Dallas to lose enough to leave the Lakers plenty of room to slide into the 6th seed. If the Lakers drop to #7, then they're in the play-in scenario and may end up as the 8th seed.
If the Lakers drop to the 8th seed, bring 'em on. That would also mean that they were 50% for the play-in games which would make them a pretty mediocre team.

It would also probably mean that Davis never really made it back, which is a possibility. In that case, give me the Lakers all day long.

If the Lakers drop to the 8th seed, bring 'em on. That would also mean that they were 50% for the play-in games which would make them a pretty mediocre team.

It would also probably mean that Davis never really made it back, which is a possibility. In that case, give me the Lakers all day long.

Yeah, if Davis or Lebron aren't 100%, the Lakers aren't going anywhere.

You make a good point about the play-in. I'm gonna have to go through it one time before it really sinks in.

You make a good point about the play-in. I'm gonna have to go through it one time before it really sinks in.
7-8 play each other for 7th seed. 9-10 play each other and the winner plays loser of 7-8 for the 8th seed.

7-8 play each other for 7th seed. 9-10 play each other and the winner plays loser of 7-8 for the 8th seed.
I really like that format