What's new

Chicago is open to trading Zach LaVine

If we were at least somewhat close to being a contender and we had major scoring problems it could make sense.

With where our team is today really what's the point of using any kind of assets for a player like Zach?

Rather go for My-ego-challenged-Lebron-and-now-my-foot-is-on-backwards Hayward. Not as much commitment with similar effect.

this will setup the ultimate yankee swap conundrum for Ainge. Sell high on John Collins while the 3 is going in and buying low on Lavine at the same time. Can he give up one thrifting item for another?

It would almost have to involve Collins as I think Bulls want to be good still and he'd be a good fit there. I would want Sexton or Clarkson in there as well because man we don't need anymore of the chucking and no defense. If they just want flexibility then Sexton/THT/Tech/Ochai might be enough salary and flexibility. Either way its no picks or 1 pick imo...

I would stay away but there is no chance DA has the will power to avoid a black friday sale like this.

The fact that most here hate the idea leads me to believe it will happen lol.

Jazz are going to pay Lavine about 43 mil a year for 4 years
Jazz already have guys who can score and can't defend for a lot less
Does not seem like a good idea

Danny... if you are going to do this to us at least pay extra and get us Caruso as well. Bring the bald eagle home. (while Alex has never lived in Utah that I know of... or even visited outside of basketball games... I think we can all agree Utah is still his rightful home).

It's probably not the direction I'd choose, but if the price were low enough I could see the Jazz do it. That would then put the Jazz in a position to try to trade for another star to team up with Lauri and Zach.

Thing is, I think the Bulls want a real haul. I think the Bulls would ask for both Hendricks and Keyonte, plus 3 FRPs. They'd look at the Dejounte Murray trade as a starting point.

It's probably not the direction I'd choose, but if the price were low enough I could see the Jazz do it. That would then put the Jazz in a position to try to trade for another star to team up with Lauri and Zach.

Thing is, I think the Bulls want a real haul. I think the Bulls would ask for both Hendricks and Keyonte, plus 3 FRPs. They'd look at the Dejounte Murray trade as a starting point.
I mean I can ask that potential buyers give me twice market rate on my house but...

I think the word is out on Zach. I think he will be traded for so much less than that. I'd say two solid firsts and not horrible matching salary is his ceiling. I'm just not sure if they are wanting some players to help them win now or if they prefer picks and its headed for a rebuild.

I think there's a chance Caruso goes for a similar price to what Zach will go for (if both were moved).