What's new

Chicago Jazz

ekimebirt

Many have frequently talked about how the Jazz would be the best team in the east and would roll through the season and be strong contenders in the playoffs. Well, we will get our opportunity to see how true that is this year. Chicago will be my second favorite team this year. The teams compare pretty well although DW is better than Rose they have some other parts that may be better than we are. It will be fun to watch.

who cares about Chicago? All I want to see is for the bulls to crash and burn, I would only feel sorry for Korver. Game aside Korver was a great member of the community and did so much while he was here. Good luck Kyle, screw you Boozer, hope you can play brewer. Jazz>Bulls

They have no shooting threat besides Korver, their starting lineup will have no shooting threat. Teams will play zone on them like no other.

Boozer or Jefferson?
Bell or Korver?

I think the Jazz won this offseason.

Chicago will be the biggest case of "they were better on the Jazz" syndrome. Boozer, Korver and Brewer will all have down years and probably careers. Brewer especially. All three were big beneficiries to Sloans system.

How weird is it that I moved to Chicago last year?

Actually, now I'm kind of pissed that I have to hear about Loozer in a whole new city. I'll try my best to hold my nose. But it will be cool having Korver and Matthews here... Matthews is from my Alma Mater, too.

How weird is it that I moved to Chicago last year?

Actually, now I'm kind of pissed that I have to hear about Loozer in a whole new city. I'll try my best to hold my nose. But it will be cool having Korver and Matthews here... Matthews is from my Alma Mater, too.

Its brewer going to Chicago not Matthews. Matthews is going to Portland.

I think the Jazz won this offseason.

I completely agree. I love the changes the Jazz have made. I have never had much interest in another team but due to the toughness of the west and the frequent comments of how well we would do I think this provides some intrigue and interest in the east.

For a second I thought this thread was about me.. Loozer and Sally could crash and burn for all I care, but I'll always pull for Ronnie. Hopefully he gets healthy, him and Rose on the break will be fun to watch.

AtheistPreacher, what hood you move to?

Ok Guys... Devils Advocate here.

What if Deron's got something going for Chicago too? What if bringing in all these guys that Deron likes now, is just a ploy to bring Deron over when his years are up? He can walk in 2012, which is the same year Chicago can send out a qualifying offer....

I mean... really... he DID go to college in that area. Is this a Bill Paxon master plan?

I mean... really... he DID go to college in that area. Is this a Bill Paxon master plan?

John Paxson is no longer the guy in charge for the Bulls, and the University of Illinois is an hour and a half to two hours (depending on who is driving) from Chicago. Other than the Illini's yearly game at the United Center, I doubt D-Will spent much time in Chicago.

John Paxson is no longer the guy in charge for the Bulls, and the University of Illinois is an hour and a half to two hours (depending on who is driving) from Chicago. Other than the Illini's yearly game at the United Center, I doubt D-Will spent much time in Chicago.

This doesn't make me any less worried.

They have rose. Chicago has no loyalty to the illini so rose is the hometown fav not dwill. Plus i dont think dwill really likes boozer cuz of how soft he is and selfish

I haven't checked out the Real Gm Bulls board in a while, now it's time to see what they're saying!

Yeah, I'd expect Korver to not be much different, but Brewer and Boozer were beneficiaries of the system, so there numbers may go down. I wouldn't expect them to beat Miami, Boston or Orlando or even Atlanta in a 7 game series.

Ok Guys... Devils Advocate here.

What if Deron's got something going for Chicago too? What if bringing in all these guys that Deron likes now, is just a ploy to bring Deron over when his years are up? He can walk in 2012, which is the same year Chicago can send out a qualifying offer....

Even if the Bulls didn't have D-Rose (which they do, rendering this particular discussion useless), Deron playing for the Illini would have no influence on his decision. Being from the Land of Lincoln, I can tell you that Chicago is basically seen as it's own entity. There is no love lost in either direction. Most of the state is rural, and has nothing in common with the Windy City. Basically anywhere farther than an hour south of Chicago is St. Louis Cardinals country, if that tells you anything. Not to mention, D-Will is from nowhere near Illinois. If I'm scared of Deron bolting (and I'm not, really) it's for Big D in a few years when Kidd retires...