What's new

CJ Miles is the man!

All I continue to see is people COMPLAINING that our 23-year old player, making rookie-scale money, is only producing at above average efficiency and is one of the team leaders in +/-.

From what I've read, none of the CJ-backers are saying he is or will become a superstar. He's a nice piece to have because that is self-evident. I want a CJ hater to put forth a player of comparable pay and age that is better and that the Jazz are supposed to acquire. ****ing help us out.

Evans is ahead of Millsap in every category of plus minus. Guess Evans should start. Look CJ is performing better than he has in years past. No one is disputing that he is better now than he was then. But to sit on our hands, hoping his slow, albeit somewhat steady, improvement continues rather than looking for the pieces to compete now is sheer stupidity. CJ apologists just cannot admit that he is just not as good as they envision in their dreams, Using stats like +/- proves it. It is nearly the most worthless stat there is in the NBA. They are grasping at any and all straws that "prove" that CJ is just wonderful, when in reality he is decent, but is not going to take us anywhere. I for one want more than "decent" at the wing, which historically has been a weak spot for us since Hornacek left. So I say if it helps us upgrade, trade him. If not, I guess we have what we have. Ideal would be to trade other pieces, get a very solid wing (notice I did NOT say LBJ so you can drop that tired line from your arguments) to help bring CJ along.

Miles' PER is better than Gerald Wallace's, Caron Butler, AK, and slightly worse than Richard Jefferson. Quick, tell us how PER is also a useless stat.

All I continue to see is people COMPLAINING that our 23-year old player, making rookie-scale money, is only producing at above average efficiency and is one of the team leaders in +/-.

I think people are worried about lack of production from the 2-3. CJ is the natural focus. Age and pay are somewhat a side issue.

From what I've read, none of the CJ-backers are saying he is or will become a superstar. He's a nice piece to have because that is self-evident. I want a CJ hater to put forth a player of comparable pay and age that is better and that the Jazz are supposed to acquire. ****ing help us out.

This is an argument I can respect. Unless you think the Jazz are top-notched contenders, what do you think they should do besides upgrade at the 2-3?

Miles' PER is better than Gerald Wallace's, Caron Butler, AK, and slightly worse than Richard Jefferson. Quick, tell us how PER is also a useless stat.

If you can and do read you would see where I already did.

And are you saying you would take CJ over any of those?

Oh what the hell....

THIS WAS ALL CJ'S FAULT. IF HE HAD SHOWN UP AGAINST PORTLAND MAYBE WE WOULD HAVE HAD A CHANCE. 2 OF WHAT? 14? BAH HE SUCKS WHY CAN'T HE BE LEBRON THAT IS ALL ANY OF US WANT FROM HIM IS TO BE THE BEST PLAYER WHO EVER TOUCHED A BASKETBALL. THIS LOSS IS ENTIRELY ON HIS SHOULDERS! GET RID OF HIM NOW NOW NOW CUZ HE SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!!!!! GGGAAAHHHHHH!!!

Whew! There now they have something to harp on for a while.

If you can and do read you would see where I already did.

And are you saying you would take CJ over any of those?

Taking salary into consideration, maybe. He makes far less than any of those players. So again name a player at a comparable rate of pay producing as much as CJ that is available. I have asked and Numberica has also asked for a hater to give us some reasonable names. None have been forthcoming. So while the haters to continue to whine about our most productive wing they have no reasonable replacements.

Last edited:
Taking salary into consideration, maybe. He makes far less than any of those players. So again name a player at a comparable rate of pay producing as much as CJ that is available. I have asked and Numberica has also asked for a hater to give us some reasonable names. None have been forthcoming. So while the haters to continue to whine about our most productive wing they have no reasonable replacements.

While posting this I also realize that LG98 will give negative rep for it because he gives negative rep for every post backing CJ in any way while not addressing the issue put before him.

I have already supported many trade ideas involving CJ. They are almost always multi-player trades, as are most trades in this league. Seldom do you see one for one trades happen. If you want to go look them up, feel free. I have no need to rehash it all for you here.

As for your second point, I find it interesting that you can see every negrep I have ever given and can prove I have negrepped 100 or more posts about CJ's performance. Hyperbole much? With 10 reps in between that would be a lot of reps total. Thousands. I doubt I have given any more than 50 so far. Remember you are not the center of the world. Negrep for you does not equate to negrep for everyone that ever agreed with you.

As far as being a hater I have to say you have all the makings of a left- or right-wing extemist. Any position the tiniest bit different than yours, is completely and totally the opposite. You love CJ therefore anything that doesn't support that deep abiding love is automatically equal to vehement hate. Believe it or not we can be dis-satisfied with CJ without "hating" him, and we don't have to praise his every fart or whatever to prove we "love" him. It is ok to be somewhat in the middle.

If you had been paying attention, even on the old board, I have praised CJ's efforts in posts before. Unlike you I can see the other side of the coin. I do not bury my head in the sand. I am happy when CJ has good games. I can acknowledge it. But you simply cannot acknowledge in any way that he is anything but the answer. I have said it before and I will say it one more time since you seem to either selectively remember things or just want to put up straw men:

I would love to see us package CJ in a deal to bring a better wing here. That is no secret. I would like to see us go after Gerald Wallace, who was rumored to be on the block. Wouldn't mind Hedo as he was also rumored. There have been others too. Obviously would have to be a package deal.

But I would also like to see us bring someone in to play alongside CJ and help him develop as a wing. Maybe he needs time with Hornacek to develop consistency, who knows. I would be ecstatic to have CJ if he were not our ONLY WING capable of doing anything. CJ is pretty good. He is a nice guy. I would be happy to have him on our team as long as he is not the one we are relying on for 6th man duties like carrying the load scoring or leadership-wise. He might be one day but we have said that for a long time now. It would be ideal to get him a mentor, and us a better wing at the same time.

The fact that you keep harping on this "same contract" thing is just claptrap. The cost of the player matters only in that we can get them reasonably within the cap. If it takes multiple players to move to get us more competetive, then make the move. If you must have a similar salary name, how about Matthews, whom we let go, who is killing it in Portland. But you seem to be stuck in some fantasy world where we can only get one player for one player with all of your talk about comparable contacts. So bring in someone with a bigger contract (Wallace) and give up MORE than CJ to make the numbers work. And bingo we are better! Not that hard to figure out. Granted never easy to pull off either (of course I never argued that it was easy), but at least we gotta try something. Because the team we have now is a 2nd round team at best. And that is not good enough.

If we keep doing what we have always done, we will continue to get what we have always gotten. Mediocre isn't good enough and I sure hope that the Jazz don't rest on the laurels for long.

-----

Now that I have answered you, yet again, I must point out that you sidestepped my question. You would seriously take CJ over any and all of those players? And I won't hamstring you into an argument just so it appears I am winning, with some unrealistic expectation like salaries that are perfectly aligned. I will say it this way: With a REASONABLE TRADE SCENARIO which of those would you NOT trade CJ to get? So not in some exact salary match fantasy, but in real-world NBA, if we could put together a reasonable trade for any of those guys which would you still take CJ over?

Mathew's contract is no where near the same neighborhood as CJ's. And in the current economy of the NBA they can not reasonably just go out and spend money to upgrade their wing position without making other major changes.

It will surprise you but I would trade CJ if it made us better overall. I have routinely admitted when CJ had a bad game. I would actually take CJ over gerald Wallace at their rate and maybe most of the other's. CJ is worth his money in this system and I'm not convinced the other's would be. If a trade came up getting us one of those player's I think the team should consider it. I doubt any of those player's are a viable option to this team without AK included in that trade. I would not trade AK and CJ together for any of those players unless there was another solid peace coming to the Jazz in return.

I still don't see a reasonable option out there that is get able for the jazz by using CJ.

I disagree that this is a 2nd round team at best. I think this team has the talent to be a premier team but for whatever reason still have yet to completely put it together. This may be the main reason we disagree. While you think the team has to make a move to get better, I don't. I think this team is a work in progress. They are not championship contender's yet but they are still going through a major change with this team and they seem to be on the right path to getting more competitive.

Mathew's contract is no where near the same neighborhood as CJ's. And in the current economy of the NBA they can not reasonably just go out and spend money to upgrade their wing position without making other major changes.

It will surprise you but I would trade CJ if it made us better overall. I have routinely admitted when CJ had a bad game. I would actually take CJ over gerald Wallace at their rate and maybe most of the other's. CJ is worth his money in this system and I'm not convinced the other's would be. If a trade came up getting us one of those player's I think the team should consider it. I doubt any of those player's are a viable option to this team without AK included in that trade. I would not trade AK and CJ together for any of those players unless there was another solid peace coming to the Jazz in return.

I still don't see a reasonable option out there that is get able for the jazz by using CJ.

I disagree that this is a 2nd round team at best. I think this team has the talent to be a premier team but for whatever reason still have yet to completely put it together. This may be the main reason we disagree. While you think the team has to make a move to get better, I don't. I think this team is a work in progress. They are not championship contender's yet but they are still going through a major change with this team and they seem to be on the right path to getting more competitive.

I agree they are a work in progress, I am really just afraid the progress is too slow and we will see Deron walk waiting for us to "get there" so to speak. We have 2 glaring holes, IMHO, one at wing and one at center. If we could package players and plug even one of those we would become more competetive right away. I look at the wing spot because there are always more legit wings available than centers. Centers are a tough commodity to come by, but some upgrades at wing are not out of the question. Now if we can swing McGee (or comparable) I would be fine keeping our wing position as it is.