What's new

Clarkson Likely to Get Extension

Doc Cherno

Tony Jones is saying it, so it must be true. I would be glad to see this happen. I think he'd help the rebuild in a number of ways without much harm to the tank many of you are pulling for.

I like JC. Not sure there should be a rush to resign him at this point though. I believe Tony also said the Bucks were really the only team to show any desire to trade for JC this past offseason.

With that said I might give a few of these players in camp a chance too. They are basically getting a 'free' look at a few younger guys such as NAW, THT, etc that had a ton of potential coming into the league but may have not been put in the right situations yet.

He said "more likely to be extended than traded."

I am also more likely to get Taco Bell for lunch today then I am to have a nooner with the Mrs. . .but you never know what could happen.
If you are headed to Taco Bell just swing around the back and meet @Hearsky 's mom... two birds one stone. The old double Gordita combo.

If extended it will be for the purpose of trading. He has a player option next off season making where he goes the question most trade teams won't gamble on.
I hope that’s the case then because he’s just stalling the offense at this point and his role could be filled by THT or even Beasley if we started Sexton, Agbaji or even Juzang at the two.

I hope that’s the case then because he’s just stalling the offense at this point and his role could be filled by THT or even Beasley if we started Sexton, Agbaji or even Juzang at the two.
he is the last kind of player you need until you are contending and need instant offense I think they prove they are tanking not only the season but the development of the younger players if he is not moved at the deadline Of course I expect THT to be waived along with Juzang and a few others if they care about team building more than tanking.

he is the last kind of player you need until you are contending and need instant offense I think they prove they are tanking not only the season but the development of the younger players if he is not moved at the deadline Of course I expect THT to be waived along with Juzang and a few others if they care about team building more than tanking.
He played great last night, and after reading a couple of articles it sounds as though he's a Ryan Smith favorite and untouchable. Cooler heads prevail - I've always said that Clarkson was immensely talented but I hate how he lets the air out of the ball sometimes and kills the offensive flow. That said, he's a smart guy and I believe that Hardy will prevail on him, because from what I've seen, extended iso minutes went out the door with Quin Snyder.

I have to disagree with you on one key point however. If he and Conley stay and are not dealt by the deadline I believe it is because we are not in tank mode but actually trying to make the playoffs. And if Hardy continues a rotation similar to last night, the new guys should get plenty of live reps for their development.

He played great last night, and after reading a couple of articles it sounds as though he's a Ryan Smith favorite and untouchable. Cooler heads prevail - I've always said that Clarkson was immensely talented but I hate how he lets the air out of the ball sometimes and kills the offensive flow. That said, he's a smart guy and I believe that Hardy will prevail on him, because from what I've seen, extended iso minutes went out the door with Quin Snyder.

I have to disagree with you on one key point however. If he and Conley stay and are not dealt by the deadline I believe it is because we are not in tank mode but actually trying to make the playoffs. And if Hardy continues a rotation similar to last night, the new guys should get plenty of live reps for their development.
He didnt play great at all imo, he only did so if you are fully supportive of tanking. His microwave ability is nice on a team that needs instant O and no ball movement. His iso game will never work on this team besides padding stats and very inefficiently usually.

I’m sure this will invite a lot of folks wanting to **** on me, but I agree. I know Portland played terribly, but I liked what I saw in terms of potential for this group last night. A lot of interesting parts with more upside potential than I thought after the trades. I also wonder how much stomach a small market ownership truly has for a big tank.

I’m sure this will invite a lot of folks wanting to **** on me, but I agree. I know Portland played terribly, but I liked what I saw in terms of potential for this group last night. A lot of interesting parts with more upside potential than I thought after the trades. I also wonder how much stomach a small market ownership truly has for a big tank.
Good point, I mean Smith is not that rich that he doesn't need to keep the seats filled I imagine.

He didnt play great at all imo, he only did so if you are fully supportive of tanking. His microwave ability is nice on a team that needs instant O and no ball movement. His iso game will never work on this team besides padding stats and very inefficiently usually.
I mean make of it what you will but he was 5-8 shooting, high scorer with 19 points, 2 offensive boards, 1 assist, 1 steal and only one turnover. On Sunday he was only 3 for 10 from the field but he led the team with 5 assists.

I mean make of it what you will but he was 5-8 shooting, high scorer with 19 points, 2 offensive boards, 1 assist, 1 steal and only one turnover. On Sunday he was only 3 for 10 from the field but he led the team with 5 assists.
he was more efficient than what will be the norm imo, but still completely killed the offense outside of himself. If they want to live and die with iso joe, they can expect to lose more than win. Maybe that is the plan since he is still on the roster. They might even think Sexton will do the same thing, often critisized for just that on bad Cavs teams. I would bet Sexton is chomping at the bit to run the team as the starting point guard, at least after Mike is traded at the deadline. If not only because Sexton wants to prove Cleveland sold him out drafting Garland, but that he was worth more than his current deal as an undersized Microwave if he stayed in CLE