What's new

Clippers won't trade Bledsoe for Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett

Sneakers

But we totally could have gotten him for 4 months of Paul Millsap!!!!

Just kidding. Though I was against the idea of that trade (not because wanting to keep Millsap but I don't see Bledsoe as PGotF material)... it seems like these Clipper guys are out of their mind. No way was that rumored trade even realistic with how high they value this soon to be free agent backup pg.

Of course this also probably means they're not confident at all in keeping Paul... he's a lock to sign with the Jazz (jk). Oh and did you see they're trying to get Dwight in a sign and trade for Blake Griffin? Why wouldn't LA Lakers do that!? Why would the Clips do that!? Clips are gonna Clip I guess. I guess this is getting into General NBA territory now.

So Lakers won't do a sign and trade for Howard.
Clippers and Celtics trade is not working out.

So Chris Paul and Dwight Howard have 2 options. Sign with Mavericks with a declining Dirk or Sign with the Hawks and Horford.

Horford and Dwight would create the best defensive front court in the league.

And allow the Jazz to steal Jeff Teague. :) Please go to the Hawks.

Getting Griffin for Dwight should be a no-brainer for the Lakers. They must feel they have the upper hand and can leverage.

BTW

I'd rather have McCollum, Burke, MCW, (and may be Schroeder too) than Bledsoe.

I think I would too, but trading for Bled could be a good thing for us. Couldn't we try him out for the last year of his contract while developing someone like Schroeder, and then decide if Bledsoe is really our PGotF? If he isn't, then we still have a great cap space situation, but if he is, then we keep developing Schroeder, and can target someother need in the wonderful '14 draft.

I think I would too, but trading for Bled could be a good thing for us. Couldn't we try him out for the last year of his contract while developing someone like Schroeder, and then decide if Bledsoe is really our PGotF? If he isn't, then we still have a great cap space situation, but if he is, then we keep developing Schroeder, and can target someother need in the wonderful '14 draft.

Trading means we'd have to give up "Assets" to get him. Why do that when we can pick off one of the PGs in this draft for FREE???

BTW Clips would want an arm and a leg for him as well.

I thought Clips wanted Millsap. I know the new CBA makes it difficult, but maybe we could facilitate a S&T in free agency. I don't think it is likely to happen. I just wouldn't be opposed to it if it did, short of trading any of the C4.

Maybe the Clips want to get rid of Caron Butler's contract for CP3 retention money, and would have incentive enough for them to keep us in the picture when(if) they go after Millsap. Butler is another contract that expires before the 14-15 season, when our cap space will really count. The Clips get to get rid of 8 mil, we get closer to our base and get to try out Bledsoe. Too far fetched? ( I thought this was essentially the deal that didn't happen at the deadline).

Last edited:
Actually Clips refused to trade Bledsoe, Jordan and picks for Doc and Garnett. That's about one Jordan too much for the package Boston offered.

I wouldn't trade Eric Bledsoe for Rivers and Garnett either. Garnett is like 400 years old and not even close to the player he was even 3 years ago. And Rivers was on the verge of being fired before management there pulled the Ray Allen/Keven Garnett/Paul Pierce Big 3 move.

Rivers would be a TV commentator if not for those moves. Very overrated in my opinion. The real coaches were on the floor leading that team.

This is the most bizzare trade scenario I have heard of and I agree with the above 100 percent....doc is a product of timing and Garnett was set to retire and probably should. Clips should trade Blake for howard and Bledsoe for milsap. They would be serious contenders.

Of course this also probably means they're not confident at all in keeping Paul... he's a lock to sign with the Jazz (jk). Oh and did you see they're trying to get Dwight in a sign and trade for Blake Griffin? Why wouldn't LA Lakers do that!? Why would the Clips do that!? Clips are gonna Clip I guess. I guess this is getting into General NBA territory now.
It's a decent trade. Howard clashed with Kobe and Griffin has expressed frustration with the Clippers. Bledsoe and Griifin to LA Lakers makes sense. And Howard to the Clippers means CP3 would stay.

I could see the first 3, but not by much. No way I'd take Schroeder over Bledsoe at this point.
If drafting Schroeder meant getting a top-5 pick next year and trading for Bledsoe likely lands the Jazz in the #10-14 draft range, would that change your mind?

So Lakers won't do a sign and trade for Howard.
Not having Kobe for the beginning of the season (likely) and Dwight walking probably results in the Lakers losing a ton of games. Lakers could be setting up for "Tim Duncan" mode, counting on a top-5 pick to bring them their next superstar. Lakers are also in a horrible financial bind. If no one takes Gasol off their hands, they'll be paying triple for Howard this season with the 2x tax penalty, IINM. Even for a proud franchise like LA, they may be willing to tank a season to get their costs under control.