What's new

College Basketball '14-15......

Duck Rodgers

So it begins....137 games today. PG_AB will be scouting them all.

Utah should be good this year. Look like a tourney team.

BYU should be good. Tourney team if Collinsworth's leg holds up probably.

Don't know anything about Utah State or Weber except that Utah State had about 12 guys transfer out.

10's of thousands of people in Los Angeles a day will have the thought, "USC has a basketball team?" as they skim the local newspapers and see that they lost another game.

Kentucky will suck like usual. Too young. Always too young.

Gonzaga is going to be on TV in Utah for every single game they play I believe, so that might be a good B team to have this year.

I'm excited.

So it begins....137 games today. PG_AB will be scouting them all.

Utah should be good this year. Look like a tourney team.

BYU should be good. Tourney team if Collinsworth's leg holds up probably.

Don't know anything about Utah State or Weber except that Utah State had about 12 guys transfer out.

10's of thousands of people in Los Angeles a day will have the thought, "USC has a basketball team?" as they skim the local newspapers and see that they lost another game.

Kentucky will suck like usual. Too young. Always too young.

Gonzaga is going to be on TV in Utah for every single game they play I believe, so that might be a good B team to have this year.

I'm excited.

Utah will make the tourney.
BYU will be on the bubble.
Zags will be very good, but overrated by the media all year long, as usual. The media will never ever never ever learn. Ever.

Wow.. using the Street and Smiths formula for ranking all-time best programs I was shocked to see the updated teams with;

Utes #20 all-time best cbb team.

and Utes #8 all-time best regular season cbb team.

Is this the worst opening day ever?

I see 0 games of interest.

I know 90% of teams schedule softies for the 1st game, but isn't there usually a big marquee matchup?

Weber State has a pretty nice team that should win the Big Sky, which would give them the auto birth. If they luck out on their first match up, they're probably good enough for 1 upset in the big dance.

Is this the worst opening day ever?

I see 0 games of interest.

I know 90% of teams schedule softies for the 1st game, but isn't there usually a big marquee matchup?

That Harvard MIT matchup doesn't intrigue you?

Watch out for Pitt y'all, Michael Young looking good this year.

Weber State has a pretty nice team that should win the Big Sky, which would give them the auto birth. If they luck out on their first match up, they're probably good enough for 1 upset in the big dance.

What about Eastern Washington? That Tyler Harvey dude might be one of the best 3pt shooters in the country.

Zags will be very good, but overrated by the media all year long, as usual. The media will never ever never ever learn. Ever.

Well, at least they don't have the option to go to that Kevin Pangos/David Stockton small guard lineup that killed them once the tourney games came around the past few years anymore. I'll buy the hype completely if Wiltjer is any good. If he's not, they'll still be good but probably not national championship contenders.

Well, at least they don't have the option to go to that Kevin Pangos/David Stockton small guard lineup that killed them once the tourney games came around the past few years anymore. I'll buy the hype completely if Wiltjer is any good. If he's not, they'll still be good but probably not national championship contenders.
Remember that time the Zags weren't soft and unathletic? Me neither.

Wiltjer is brilliant offensively and a total defensive liability.

Keep an eye on D. Sabonis. He will take NCAA by the storm. Dude is going to have multiple 20 reb games during season.

What about Eastern Washington? That Tyler Harvey dude might be one of the best 3pt shooters in the country.

Weber has more depth than any team in the Big Sky. Keep an eye on Bolomboy. Could play himself into the NBA draft in a couple of years. Disappointing that most teams in the Big Sky are terrible.