What's new

College Basketball '14-15......

Nigel Williams Goss transferring to Gonzaga. Nice get. I don't think Gonzaga even has to recruit players that need much developing anymore. They just get already proven American D1 talent to transfer in, sign foreigners that have already played at a high level, and don't have to hope some kid can actually play or not.

Nigel Williams Goss transferring to Gonzaga. Nice get. I don't think Gonzaga even has to recruit players that need much developing anymore. They just get already proven American D1 talent to transfer in, sign foreigners that have already played at a high level, and don't have to hope some kid can actually play or not.

Great pick up. He has always been underrated, imo.

Has anyone from Gonzaga not named Stockton ever panned out in the NBA?

Has anyone from Gonzaga not named Stockton ever panned out in the NBA?

Turiaf was decent. Not amazing obviously, but he stuck around for about a decade after being a second round pick - I'd count that as panning out.

But regardless of that, there seems to be a shift happening. They were a nice story for awhile and would scoop up some under the radar recruits and turn them into ballers. But now, they seem to be one of the first places these guys consider when transferring and their recruits all seem well thought of. I think they're going to pick up a couple national titles before Mark Few is done there.

Goss had one of his best games against us so I don't mind him leaving very nice pickup for gonzaga. It was nice to see them get over the hump and make the elite 8, getting closer to being a national title contender, they aren't there yet.