What's new

College Football *2015*

Seriously every article I read about byu I go to the comments section at the bottom and find ute fans making comments.

I saw a post on Facebook about how Utah was in the top 25 and I'm was going to post congrats and that they deserve it and as I'm reading the comments I see a comment from a ute fan saying how byu sucks and didn't deserve to beat Nebraska and they were lucky..... This comment in a story about utah being in the top 25 with no mention of byu anywhere.

Then you see jazz fanz posters that are ute fans that never even post on jazz fanz except to discuss byu in a negative way.

It really is strange
No doubt that it is a very bitter rivalry and that it will not die for many fans. I see similar hatred from BYU fans posted on Utah articles. Clearly many people still care about the rival school, but I don't.

3 pretty easy ways to make college football better
The thing is, there are seven billion people on Planet Earth, and almost seven billion of them do not watch college football. They watch other things, boring and stupid things, like handball and sitcoms and the news. These people are not like us. We will call them The Differents.

The Differents do not care about college football. Many of them haven’t even heard of it. Now, this does not mean that college football is not awesome. It just means that The Differents live incomplete and aimless lives.

It also means, though, that college football is not that important to the world. It does not have a noble purpose. We do college football for one reason: because it’s fun. That’s all, and that’s enough.

So when thinking about tweaks to college football, there is only one question that matters: What would make college football more fun?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/9/9/9262379/ncaa-football-playoff-expansion-fun-not-that-hard

So what are the three easy ways?

Actually, we are many. But the haters make all the noise. So the rest of us are judged on their actions.

That's fine, though. It allows the equivalent BYU fans (a small handful of the fan base) to spit their vitriol and grouse about how classless Ute fans are. I get a fair amount of amusement from it.

I'd really like to see the whole thing done with but I know the passion/hate isn't going anywhere. Honestly, the only thing that moves the needle with me anymore in regards to BYU is seeing things last week like the DB that destroyed a Nebraska TE's season on a very dirty play that wasn't even flagged, or Bronson Kafusi alligator rolling players legs after making tackles.

It was at least nice to see major sports outlets such as CBS sports and ESPN posting articles about the growing sentiment that BYU plays a little too reckless. I'd really like to see the Utah-BYU rivalry die. I know Ute fans would be just fine trying to fill that spot on the schedule with a Big 10/12 school and I would guess that if BYU can continue scheduling similar to what they have this year, their fans will be just as content. I enjoy playing programs that Utah hasn't normally gotten the chance to play and just don't desire the continued nastiness that comes with playing the Y.

Last edited:
I'd really like to see the whole thing done with but I know the passion/hate isn't going anywhere. Honestly, the only thing that moves the needle with me anymore in regards to BYU is seeing things last week like the DB that destroyed a Nebraska TE's season on a very dirty play that wasn't even flagged, or Bronson Kafusi alligator rolling players legs after making tackles.

It was at least nice to see major sports outlets such as CBS sports and ESPN posting articles about the growing sentiment that BYU plays a little too reckless. I'd really like to see the Utah-BYU rivalry die. I know Ute fans would be just fine trying to fill that spot on the schedule with a Big 10/12 school and I would guess that if BYU can continue scheduling similar to what they have this year, their fans will be just as content. I enjoy playing programs that Utah hasn't normally gotten the chance to play and just don't desire the continued nastiness that comes with playing the Y.

I thought the same thing watching the BYU/Nebraska game. Why would I want Utah to play a team that seems like they will be lookin to purposely injure our players? Maybe that isn't fair but it seems that way. The only upside would be rubbing a Utah win in BYU's face but honestly who gives a ****? I'd much rather play a rematch vs Michigan next year than play BYU.

I thought the same thing watching the BYU/Nebraska game. Why would I want Utah to play a team that seems like they will be lookin to purposely injure our players? Maybe that isn't fair but it seems that way. The only upside would be rubbing a Utah win in BYU's face but honestly who gives a ****? I'd much rather play a rematch vs Michigan next year than play BYU.

I'd rather play TCU. I miss those games. They were great. Except for 2010. That sucked.

If you want to play Big 10, but still avoid nastiness, don't schedule Nebraska either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to play Big 10, but still avoid nastiness, don't schedule Nebraska either.

Simple fact is that football is a nasty sport and dirty plays happen every game.
Smaller players always go low on bigger players. Safeties lead with their helmets (as do running backs, though no one cares when they do it)

It's just typical ute fan watching byu games and being critical of anything and everything that byu players do.
Dirty, nasty **** happens in every football game at every level

Simple fact is that football is a nasty sport and dirty plays happen every game.
Smaller players always go low on bigger players. Safeties lead with their helmets (as do running backs, though no one cares when they do it)

It's just typical ute fan watching byu games and being critical of anything and everything that byu players do.
Dirty, nasty **** happens in every football game at every level
That's just heresy, according to these Ute fans. I mean, there has never been a Utah player commit a late hit out of bounds, or roll over when tackling someone, or go for the knees when tackling/blocking someone. They would never dream of that.

I'd rather play the Memphis Tigers.

1)They have at least some level of good sportsmanship.
2)They won the Miami Beach Bowl last year.

tumblr_inline_n90yk8oNPJ1s8f11h.gif

Mizzou -10.5 Arkansas State looks a good bet. USC just beat Ark State by 50.....and I didn't see anything from Ark State that says they should be able to play within 10 of any decent team. But then again, Mizzou seems to be perennially overrated.

That's just heresy, according to these Ute fans. I mean, there has never been a Utah player commit a late hit out of bounds, or roll over when tackling someone, or go for the knees when tackling/blocking someone. They would never dream of that.

You can say what you want and pass it off as bitter Ute fans griping if it makes you feel better. I guess CBS Sports and ESPN must be ran by Utes. Just glad my team isn't the subject of those type of articles.

You can say what you want and pass it off as bitter Ute fans griping if it makes you feel better. I guess CBS Sports and ESPN must be ran by Utes. Just glad my team isn't the subject of those type of articles.
So plays that don't get flagged are now dirty? Granted, I didn't get to watch much of the Nebraska game, so I really can't comment on that in particular, but my point is that every team is going to have at least one play/player that someone thinks is dirty. Utah is no exception. Neither is BYU.

Picking on zoobs is like picking on my little sister. Too good to resist.

In fact, that's their new nickname. #littlesister

Picking on zoobs is like picking on my little sister. Too good to resist.

In fact, that's their new nickname. #littlesister

It's funny, because being a female is generally viewed as inferior to being a man.

So plays that don't get flagged are now dirty? Granted, I didn't get to watch much of the Nebraska game, so I really can't comment on that in particular, but my point is that every team is going to have at least one play/player that someone thinks is dirty. Utah is no exception. Neither is BYU.

Yes, I believe the refs missed a blatant personal foul call on a play that ended a kids season, and yes, I realize players get hurt everyday in football and sometimes guys do stupid stuff. It's just gotten to the point that I feel there is a conscious decision behind some of what they are doing. And to make the point again, some national media has started to catch on to the same thing.

BYU fans shouldn't take it so personal. I'm not saying that each and every one of you is a bad person. I just happen to feel like some of these plays are not accidents or part of the normal flow of a game and it makes me wish the team I root for wouldn't play them in the future.