What's new

College Football *2015*

Unlike some morons in here, I'm not "looking for lolz". I'll keep saying it as long as you Ute fans keep lying to yourselves about being over the rivalry and then talk a whole lot of crap about BYU.

We're not over the rivalry. We thoroughly enjoy beating little brother.

Whatever. . . He was just holding that Boise St. player "accountable." That is how Utes excuse douchey moves, no?

Uh... A Utah player(Paul) hit the QB late and Ute fans in the UofU thread were unanimous that he shouldn't have done that. A BYU player hits a Boise St. player in the nuts and BYU fans in this thread are supporting it. Who's "douchey"?

I know it's a shocking concept, but it's called being rational. I am a die-hard Ute fan. I watch both their football and basketball games religiously. I don't deny I cheer for BYU and have been a player fan and player hater of them since I can remember. Their fans annoy me like no other though and I love trolling them.

Again, I know it's a shocking concept, but try being rational and logical when it comes to fandom.
You realize who you were quoting? UGLI and rational fan don't exactly go together.

We're not over the rivalry. We thoroughly enjoy beating little brother.

I look at it from a different perspective. Once Utah moved to the PAC 12, things changed and it's not about Utah being "too good" or "above" the rivalry.

The fact is, Utah is one of the strange exceptions that has an in-state rival not in their conference, added with the fact that they have to play 9 conference games. South Carolina and Clemson are an example of in-state rivals in different conferences, but they both get the luxury of having 4 non conference games.

I am willing to move on from tradition if it helps Utah. From a recruiting angle, I'd rather schedule non conference games against teams from Texas (a series with Baylor is on the books in a few years), Florida, Cali, the Midwest, etc. I think it helps expand Utah's recruiting footprint and program exposure. Utah also wants to make scheduling 7 home games the norm each year. They're not there yet but playing the in-state schools with home and home agreements makes that hard to do.

Utah is still new to their conference and in the midst of forging new rivalries and new traditions. I think the overwhelming majority of Ute fans have enjoyed having Michigan on the schedule the past two seasons and would have no problems if that type of scheduling was able to continue. I'd also argue that Utah hasn't hurt their brand one bit the last 2 seasons. In fact, it's probably stronger than it's ever been and that's without you know who on the schedule.

Over the course of a recent decade:

enhanced-buzz-14934-1379403518-11.jpg

Reactions: RJF

What does this have anything to do with being dirty? That nut punch was not called, I believe. Just like using your opponents helmet to get up, when you easily could have just stood up usually does not get called(BYU's favorite POS play). Being dirty is doing cheap *** **** like punching a dude in the nuts when you think nobody is looking. Being aggressive and getting called for PF's is not necessarily "dirty".

What does this have anything to do with being dirty? That nut punch was not called, I believe. Just like using your opponents helmet to get up, when you easily could have just stood up usually does not get called(BYU's favorite POS play). Being dirty is doing cheap *** **** like punching a dude in the nuts when you think nobody is looking. Being aggressive and getting called for PF's is not necessarily "dirty".

Sounds akin to Bills definition of what "is" is.

So because the Utes get called for penalties it's OK for BYU players to punch dudes in their junk? WTF can't you just say "yeah, he shouldn't have done that."? Why do you have to act like a child and say "but but but they do mean stuff too." Typical BYU/Utah county behavior. Denial and if that doesn't work point your finger.

So because the Utes get called for penalties it's OK for BYU players to punch dudes in their junk? WTF can't you just say "yeah, he shouldn't have done that."? Why do you have to act like a child and say "but but but they do mean stuff too." Typical BYU/Utah county behavior. Denial and if that doesn't work point your finger.

Who are you talking to? That's the only post I've made on the whole topic and it was a chart, not any of my own opinions mixed in. Nothing to react to. You guys are the ones making blanket statements about how dirty BYU is. Get it? You're the ones taking the conversation beyond that one play. But it's obviously not true. Football players are little a dirty - that's truth. BYU is a special kind of dirty - not true.

The first assumption would be that the more you're getting caught, the more you're probably doing that isn't getting caught. The second assumption is that the stuff that is blatant is many times worse than a little quarter punch to the nuts anyway. Not that guys always mean to do it, but if I'm choosing, I'll take the quarter punch to the nuts over somebody blowing me up on a late hit or something. Way worse.

Last edited:
Who are you talking to? That's the only post I've made on the whole topic and it was a chart, not any of my own opinions mixed in. Nothing to react to. You guys are the ones making blanket statements about how dirty BYU is. Get it? You're the ones taking the conversation beyond that one play. But it's obviously not true. Football players are little a dirty - that's truth. BYU is a special kind of dirty - not true.

Can You please just say that he should not have done it? If you do you'll be the first BYU fan in this thread to do so. Never mind I'll just wait for Fish to chime in. carry on.

Ummmm

I'd love for someone who has actually played football to weigh in.

Anytime you dive in late like that Boise player you're asking for a fight. Don't want to get punched in the nuts don't take a cheap shot diving in late.

As someone who has actually played and coached football, there are certain nonos. The Boise player broke the first nono rule. I would say that the BYU player obviously made a mistake. But i can't fault him for losing his cool. The Boise guy instigated it.

I love all these double standards Lil Brother fans hold BYU to. If their boys had been in the exact same situation they would be blasting Boise not their own player.

Ummmm

Anytime you dive in late like that Boise player you're asking for a fight. Don't want to get punched in the nuts don't take a cheap shot diving in late.

As someone who has actually played and coached football, there are certain nonos. The Boise player broke the first nono rule. I would say that the BYU player obviously made a mistake. But i can't fault him for losing his cool. The Boise guy instigated it.

I love all these double standards Lil Brother fans hold BYU to. If their boys had been in the exact same situation they would be blasting Boise not their own player.

Have you ever been in a fight? You don't hit people in the nuts in a fight. Either you don't need to or you realize that if you hit this mother****er in the nuts you're gunna lose every tooth you got. Yeah you can hit someone in the nuts and run but you better hope that dude don't catch up to you.

Ummmm

Watching the replay, when the BYU player initially fell on the ball, there was a split second where it looked like he may bobble the recovery. If you actually have played football, you'd realize that when you're a player going full speed and you think an opposing player may bobble a loose football, you're going to dive at that ball in an effort to disrupt him and hopefully gain possession. By the way, the whistle hadn't blown when the Boise player dived on him. Now, it wasn't the best decision by the Boise player, I'll readily admit that. But at least he could make the argument that the ball was in play and he was going after it.

I also find it hilarious that in an effort to defend the BYU player's actions, you go out of your way to take a shot at Utah. What's the point? Did Utah's players or fans have anything to do with the play? Did Utah fans have anything to do with national articles last week that questioned BYU's reckless and questionable play at times? You want to run around the message board policing every Ute fan that dares mention BYU in any of their posts, yet you trip over yourself to fit Utah in whenever you can.

A recent decade?? LMAO

byu was the most penalized team last year.

Ugz reading comprehension fails again. We're not talking false starts and holds, we're talking personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct.

I've never denied BYU being dirty. I watched too much Scott Johnson/Andrew Rich to be that foolish. The nut punch was embarrassing and indefensible (as demonstrated by the nonsense Thriller is spewing).

But c'mon...

file.php

Football is a dirty sport. Curtis Brown has publicly said that his gonads were squeezed in several piles during Ute games. Unfortunately, Brown supposedly retaliated in kind...

byu being dirty is a commonly known fact with years of video evidence to back it up.

Pls provide years of video evidence. I'd really love to watch it all.

You know what else happens #EveryFreakingGame?

Tanner Mangum throws a Hail Mary game-winning touchdown for the 2nd straight week vine.co/v/eFXObFKKazU

FWIW, it was called.

FWIW, it was called.

Serious question (not trolling), but isn't throwing a punch immediate ejection in college and pros? I really don't think it matters where on the body you direct the punch. I was actually surprised to see the BYU player stay in the game once the flag was thrown. So did the refs miss a call on an ejection, or can you throw a punch and stay in the game so long as it's not thrown at somebody's head?