What's new

Collin Sexton SZN

League average FG% last year from 0-3 ft: 0.682 (but this number needs to be adjusted for minimum attempts, so it's probably too high; you could also isolate guards and run a different average)
League average FG% last year from 3-10ft: 0.425 (ditto)
Colin Sexton's FG% last year from 0-3ft: 0.608
Colin Sextons's FG% last year from 3-10ft: 0.506
Are those bings or raniers? I like the raniers personally.

;)

League average FG% last year from 0-3 ft: 0.682 (but this number needs to be adjusted for minimum attempts, so it's probably too high; you could also isolate guards and run a different average)
Why are we talking about last season again? Go back far enough and Collin Sexton suddenly averages 24.3 ppg for a season in the NBA. Why isn't this fantastic scorer a Top 2 option on this team?

Anyway... it should be obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes that Sexton driving into the trees without a plan, through a typically clogged lane, isn't a sound offensive strategy for this team. You don't need stats for that. It's inefficient basketball, and we have a surplus of that as it is.

Last edited:
And what’s the league average from that range for guards?

Why are we talking about last season again? Go back far enough and Collin Sexton suddenly averages 24.3 ppg for a season in the NBA. Why isn't this fantastic scorer a Top 2 option on this team?

Anyway... it should be obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes that Sexton driving into the trees without a plan, through a typically clogged lane, isn't a sound offensive strategy for this team. You don't need stats for that. It's inefficient basketball, and we have a surplus of that as it is.
I'm happy to look up any stats you want. Fire away. I've just spent 4 hours collecting, cleaning, and organizing all of last season.
Or...
You can move the goalposts again.

And what’s the league average from that range for guards?
If you look at last year's complete data and filter for players who (a) played at least 10% of their minutes at either guard position, (b) played more than 342 minutes for the season (getting them beyond the first quartile), (c) played more than 12 minutes a game:

Average FG% last year for that group from 0-3 ft: 0.658
Average FG% last year for that group from 3-10ft: 0.419

Larger sample is always better than smaller. Just use last year. He played for the jazz last year. Or use every game played for the jazz. This season and last season.
Choosing a 5 game stretch against mostly great teams in a brand new season with new teammates and new lineups to show as bad of stats as possible is the tremendous downside special though so i get it.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

If you look at last year's complete data and filter for players who (a) played at least 10% of their minutes at either guard position, (b) played more than 342 minutes for the season (getting them beyond the first quartile), (c) played more than 12 minutes a game:

Average FG% last year for that group from 0-3 ft: 0.658
Average FG% last year for that group from 3-10ft: 0.419
Thank you! So moral of the story seems that he isn’t that bad around the rim?

3-5 on drives into the paint in traffic in the first half tonight.
Also had another drive into the paint in trafficand got to the line.
Also had another drive into the paint in traffic and scored but it got taken away for traveling
Had another drive into the paint in traffic and threw an alley oop to kessler for the dunk.

Pretty good results over all in the first half tonight when he attacks a traffic filled paint.

Certainly there’s a stat for how many times sexton has been blocked this year. I bet it’s a lot….

3-5 on drives into the paint in traffic in the first half tonight.
Also had another drive into the paint in trafficand got to the line.
Also had another drive into the paint in traffic and scored but it got taken away for traveling
Had another drive into the paint in traffic and threw an alley oop to kessler for the dunk.

Pretty good results over all in the first half tonight when he attacks a traffic filled paint.

2 half was horrible for this situation. I think he was 0-3 on drives into traffic with at least on horrific attempts that was swatted hard as **** (I think he was swatted another time too) Putting both halfs together and it was mostly bad results. Bad game from sexton last night.

Both he and JC were not good and easily the reason we continue to struggle against formidable defensive teams. Not sure why agbaji is seeing 9 min a game unless it’s just we need another creator/ball control on the floor. Sexton could be decent if he was red lighted from driving into the paint with a set defense. JC is a lost cause

Sexton is a good finisher in traffic

The valid criticism is that he's a bad decision maker in traffic
yes, decision-making is always going to be Colin's weak suit. He's gotten better over the years, but that might be because he started out HORRIBLY. Those first couple of years in Cleveland were absolutely brutal.