2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Sounds like its a done deal.

Im hearing that Arizona might be next.

Sounds like its a done deal.

Im hearing that Arizona might be next.
Think ASU and Utah join 'em. Wash and Ore to the Big 10.

Heard that the deal breaker for Colo was they got nothing when they asked to see what the prospective numbers were from the new deal.

Pretty sure the Pac is toast.

Think ASU and Utah join 'em. Wash and Ore to the Big 10.

Heard that the deal breaker for Colo was they got nothing when they asked to see what the prospective numbers were from the new deal.

Pretty sure the Pac is toast.
utah probably ends up in the MWC which is a pretty good for a G5

What are the local rumors around what Utah will do?

I havent heard anything. My guess is that the pac adds san diego and if arizona leaves then they add boise and utah stays in the pac.

I havent heard anything. My guess is that the pac adds san diego and if arizona leaves then they add boise and utah stays in the pac.
hmmm... that sounds like it could happen.

I think Utah would fit in pretty well in the Big 10. It would be pretty cool to be able to see their games if that happened.

Sounds like Oregon is leaving too.

More like the Wack-10.

Ya lots of rumors of more teams leaving. Im hearing oregon and az have been in deep talks with the big12 for a while.

I'm amazed at how passive this PAC conference has been since adding CO/UT. Just sat on their hands. Never got on DirecTV (not to mention my YTTV). I think the conference stays together if the media deal is at least $30M but what a mess.

Looking like it's pretty close that Utah will probably bail with the AZ schools.
I agree. Though only AZ is having meetings and votes.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's only AZ this year and maybe others come next year.
I also wouldn't be surprised if AZ, AZ state, and UConn are added and the big 12 stops there.

Last edited:
After getting a little more educated on all this I'm understanding how little Utah having a good athletic program means for being invited to another conference. It's all about TV market size.

It looks like it might work out for them to get in to the big 12, but it's also possible they might have some awkward years in no man's land.

Last edited:
After getting a little more educated on all this I'm understanding how little Utah having a good athletic program means for being invited to another conference. It's all about TV market size.

It looks like it might work out for them to get in to the big 12, but it's also possible they might have some awkward years in no man's land.

Im hearing that part of the problem is that they were being insulting to the big 12 and acting like they were too good for the big 12. Good news is that most of these decisions are business decisions rather than personal but the high and mighty attitude certainly didnt help.

Im hearing that part of the problem is that they were being insulting to the big 12 and acting like they were too good for the big 12. Good news is that most of these decisions are business decisions rather than personal but the high and mighty attitude certainly didnt help.
I don't know how much stock I put in Utah not returning calls to the Big 12.

That's interesting. I think there is a scenario where holding out from the Big 12 could be beneficial. I've heard national radio guys talk about the SEC and Big 10 eventually getting to 20 teams. If they really expand that far then Utah could be included at that point, and not having a contract with the Big 12 might be appealing. That would be super risky though and would likely involve several years of not being in a great conference. That could really set a program back.