What's new

Colorado joining the Big 12 conference

Thank god they got off that sinking ship. Shocking how poorly managed the P12 has been the last decade.

Fun to be back in a conference with BYU and TCU. Should be a super competitive conference.

Thank god they got off that sinking ship. Shocking how poorly managed the P12 has been the last decade.

Fun to be back in a conference with BYU and TCU. Should be a super competitive conference.
Agreed and hopefully it will be a stable conference. I hope Yormark stays around for a long time. He is pretty sharp

Just read that part of the reason Yormark snatched up so many pac teams so fast might be because the ACC has/had expansion plans of their own. They were looking at 5-7 pac schools to add so Yormark stifled that plan. (Saw that in a tweet)
he is good at what he does

Just read that part of the reason Yormark snatched up so many pac teams so fast might be because the ACC has/had expansion plans of their own. They were looking at 5-7 pac schools to add so Yormark stifled that plan. (Saw that in a tweet)
he is good at what he does
Don't know if that was the reason, but saw that about the ACC. It'll be nice to have a Commish that actually knows his job and does it well.

Scott mitchell was on the radio on my way home and he said (plug your ears SOW) that they might only get partial shares of revenue.
Don't shoot the messenger. Scott Mitchell said it not me
La la la la can't hear you la la

On topic, I think I'd grab Cal and Stanford before OSU/WSU before the Big 12/16/whatever. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to them joining, partial, full, or otherwise.

La la la la can't hear you la la

On topic, I think I'd grab Cal and Stanford before OSU/WSU before the Big 12/16/whatever. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to them joining, partial, full, or otherwise.
I have heard that stanford wont come to the big12 due to things like there not being enough research schools or academia focused schools in the big12 or something. Hearing they might take a stab at going independent? Cal is broke (way in debt) and sucks. I would take stanford over WSU and OSU but Cal does nothing for me. Honestly I think it would be best to stay with the 16 we have now and try to get some decent schools from the ACC. I know travel would suck but I also hear that having a national footprint is good as well. Im sure that the big dogs in the ACC (clemson, FSU, Miami) will get snatched up by SEC and big10 but there are still some fun and interesting schools leftover in the conference. If Yormark chooses to lean into basketball a bit more then there are a few nice additions in that conference. North carolina (I think their football has even been ok), Duke, Virginia (also decent football program). Louisville, pitt, syracuse have some good basketball and some big tv markets i think. Dont know much about those teams/cities to be honest and it could be fun to have some new teams to learn about. Of course Notre Dame is the biggest fish out there and will probably eventually land in the big10 but what a get that would be if Yormark could snatch them somehow. Appeal to their religious culture (big12 has some religious schools already with BYU and texas christian) and point out that it would be much easier to win the big12 conference and make the playoffs than it would be to get past ohio state, michigan, usc, alabama, georgia, clemson, oklahoma, texas, etc. Pipe dream but that would be sweet.

Wow, what a quick turn of events, I'm not 100% sure how to feel about all of it.

Immediate thought is that California recruiting will be tougher, but Texas and Florida recruiting should be easier.

Wow, what a quick turn of events, I'm not 100% sure how to feel about all of it.

Immediate thought is that California recruiting will be tougher, but Texas and Florida recruiting should be easier.
That's my thought as well, but Utah also is starting to just straight recruit nationally, so that kind of offsets some of the loss of the trips to Cali. Given Utah will get some actual Primetime games will help immensely.

My other immediate thought is Utah needs to build a bigarse statue to Coach Whit, if not several shrines around campus.

Ok. So nothing to point to where I was wrong? Cool

I have been avoiding this topic and a lot of stuff online just because I have been exhausted by everything including trash talk, which I love to do, usually in a fun hearten way, but it just became a lot. Which not you Fish, or most of the Y fans on this board, but we both know how toxic each others fan bases can be towards each other.

The timing and context of said Tweet also matters, it was made around March, the "Give me a break" was not directed to/at or directly about the XVII, it was about all the media reports talking about how PAC12 teams were divided and essentially breaking apart.

So a lot of what you had read and mentioned on the prior pages last week I felt was slightly bias towards the Y's perspective, which I get. Now from my perspective with my U bias, I would say it was felt there was evidence that the XVII media relations (who was up for the same position with the PAC12 but they chose someone else) was using it's media contacts to try and sow distrust, panic and misinformation to make it more difficult on the PAC12 to stay together and which would then make the XVII stronger.

So I think that is where much of the online hate from PAC12 and Ute fans came from, of course separate from the always toxic fans in every fan base who would be a-holes no matter what. So I think most Ute fans up until the last week or so were holding out hope of keeping the PAC12 together, so that "muted" what would be the normal excitement that say the Y had for joining the XVII. Then when it became clear that Oregon and WAS were leaving for the B1G I think about all Ute fans were happy to join the XVII, it's just a lot more emotionally for Ute fans to process all this with everything to take into consideration.

I could go on another several paragraphs but this is already way too long of a comment.

Last edited: