What's new

Conference Finals

spycam1

We needed a thread to discuss the Conference Finals.

My predictions:

West

Spurs in 7

East

Heat in 5

Last edited:
It took me a while to decide on the West, but I feel pretty confident now that the Spurs will be in the Finals. I may even change my prediction to Spurs in 6.

EDIT: Yeah, Spurs in 6.

EDIT: UGLI is a hard ***

EDIT: Spurs in 7

Last edited:
It took me a while to decide on the West, but I feel pretty confident now that the Spurs will be in the Finals. I may even change my prediction to Spurs in 6.

EDIT: Yeah, Spurs in 6.

Not allowed to change your prediction once the series has started.

*confirmed*

lucy-hale-bongo-pretty-little-liars-screening-15.jpg

How bout now?

Grizzlies in 7
Heat in 6

Though with the way the Spurs are beating down Memphis right now....actually I wouldn't have any confidence in either of those picks. D-Whistle has been a bum in the playoffs so far, so the Heat are far from a lock. We'll see.

Spurs destroyed the Rizzles with little to no resistance this afternoon. Doubt they will shoot that well from 3 point land anytime soon, but they have far more brains and experience than the Rizzles to miss this opportunity to play in the Finals and win another championship for the old geezers! If the Pacers could beat the Heat.....that would be beautiful! They have the style to beat them but doubt the refs are going to cut them any slack on close plays or calls that could go either way! Sterns and the networks want Lebron in the finals and that's a tough road to haul in taking out the Heat and the refs!

Thunder beat the Grizz in game 1 too. Memphis really needs to fix their defensive philosophy and guard the corner 3 much better in game 2. I would say today was really a case of them getting down too early and not being able to play their game. They just have to establish their pace early on.

.....the Spurs are not a broken down team like the Thunder! They are a seasoned, talented, loads of athletic ability, smart basketball team that can actually call a time out....and then run a play to PERFECTION! They don't panic and all 15 guys are coachable! Ok, I take that back. They did sign on McGrady for some strange reason! Perhaps he can help them run a play.....when that time comes? Nah! Had to be another reason which completely alludes me at this time!

Grizzlies in 7
Heat in 6

Though with the way the Spurs are beating down Memphis right now....actually I wouldn't have any confidence in either of those picks. D-Whistle has been a bum in the playoffs so far, so the Heat are far from a lock. We'll see.
Agree. Indiana might surprise, though. They have the type of lineup that could cause problems for Miami. And with Wade banged up, you never know!

....check this stat of the night! Spurs had 14 three pointers made.....on 14 assists! Everyone of there 3 pointers was the result of an assist! That means no one just came up the court and launched one for old times sake! The direct antithesis of "hopper ball"! If you like real "old time" basketball....the way it was meant to be played (not withstanding the "new" 3 point shot!) you got to love the Spurs!

Spurs 3-Pt FG in Game 1
Made Assisted
Parker 0 6
Green 3 2
Bonner 4 0
Leonard 4 0
Ginobili 1 2
Neal 1 1
Mills 1 0
Duncan 0 1
Splitter 0 1
Blair 0 1

I like Memphis, but first they beat one of the most overrated teams in the league, and then they beat a team that only had one player capable of putting the ball in the basket. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon without any hesitation.

* The Spurs have registered 85 assists on their last 113 field goals over the past three games, a huge reason why their offense has begun to resemble its mid-season peak after one of the worst collective shooting efforts in franchise history in Game 4 against Golden State.

....it wasn't too long ago when this was a Utah Jazz statistic....and ONLY a Utah Jazz statistic!