What does Walker's future hold?

• Will be better than Gobert

• Just as good as Gobert

• He's still a future All Star or DPOY

• Still a future 30+ MPG player

• Zubac level starter

• Bench player

Results are only viewable after voting.
Next year will be huge for him. I think he just needs a reset and an off-season.
Not having the same hype and the team USA stuff should be helpful. He can focus 100% on work this offseason without so much noise around him.

I think it's a combo. When Key got the starting job again, it seemed like a mandate. If the FO wanted to invest more in Walker, he would be playing more.
I think it’s a bit of kind of knowing what Walker is and realizing they need John to keep his value as high as possible. Declaring Key “the chosen one” is still weird to me. Not that I don’t like him but I’m not sure this will be the best route for his development if you decide to pull the reins back.

I wonder if they just don't see him as a system fit. Offensively, I think Hardy definitely wants either a floor spacer or playmaking big. Kessler is neither. Going to be hard to find what they want though. There are only so many Horford/Bam type guys out there. It would not shock me if they moved on from him like they did with Ochai.
I think his name will be out there at draft time and it will take a lot to get him but I could see us wanting a more dynamic option there right or wrong.

I think it's a combo. When Key got the starting job again, it seemed like a mandate. If the FO wanted to invest more in Walker, he would be playing more.
I don't think the Key thing was a mandate at all. Hardy just has his favorites like we see with Clarkson and Key is next in line.

I think it’s a bit of kind of knowing what Walker is and realizing they need John to keep his value as high as possible. Declaring Key “the chosen one” is still weird to me. Not that I don’t like him but I’m not sure this will be the best route for his development if you decide to pull the reins back.

Maybe...idk how much teams really try to manipulate trade value (or how effective it even be)....but the minutes split is still pretty wild to me. At the very least, you would think Collins would be taking some time off like Lauri/Clarkson. No one would bat an eye and it wouldn't effect his trade value.

Kessler isn't perfect, but he is a second year player and we are the worst defensive team in the entire league. Feels like we should at least give him some investment.

Maybe...idk how much teams really try to manipulate trade value (or how effective it even be)....but the minutes split is still pretty wild to me. At the very least, you would think Collins would be taking some time off like Lauri/Clarkson. No one would bat an eye and it wouldn't effect his trade value.

Kessler isn't perfect, but he is a second year player and we are the worst defensive team in the entire league. Feels like we should at least give him some investment.
You have to remember that Hardy isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed as evidenced by the Clarkson/Sexton dynamic. No rationale person could justify Clarkson getting more minutes than Sexton yet that is what we see. With that in mind it isn't a surprise that he would favor Collins over Walker. Remember this is the same coach that refused to put Walker back in the game last year when Embiid feasted on us in the second half of a game.

You have to remember that Hardy isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed as evidenced by the Clarkson/Sexton dynamic. No rationale person could justify Clarkson getting more minutes than Sexton yet that is what we see. With that in mind it isn't a surprise that he would favor Collins over Walker. Remember this is the same coach that refused to put Walker back in the game last year when Embiid feasted on us in the second half of a game.

Like I said, could be a combo, but I have a feeling that if the FO really cared about Sexton/Kessler....they wouldn't be getting the shaft from Hardy. It's not always the case with coaches/FO, but I do believe they are working hand in hand in this situation.

I was thinking this morning that Kessler should get in to boxing like Gobert did. I think it would be good to help him continue to speed up his foot speed and reaction time. I also think it might be good to help him stop avoiding contact and hopefully get more aggressive.

I understand what worked for one isn't necessarily what would work for another, but it feels like for the improvements I would like to see from him it could be good.

Its less about minutes load and more about demoting a vet to a bench role and "losing him". Which would push his production down potentially and lower his value.

At this point I think the "best" offers you will get for John are dead expiring salary for next year (lonzo, Ben Simmons) I doubt teams have so much excess space they just take him in. I don't think the FO would admit defeat so I think we are in for another year of this unless Hardy just moves him to the 3rd big. I think that may be the right move depending on what we are trying to do next year.

Like I said, could be a combo, but I have a feeling that if the FO really cared about Sexton/Kessler....they wouldn't be getting the shaft from Hardy. It's not always the case with coaches/FO, but I do believe they are working hand in hand in this situation.
Sexton is the more egregious error to me because he has been so damn good and consistent. The FO gonna have major egg on their face if Key doesn't develop cuz this **** was sitting right in front of them.

The Walker stuff is more mentality than anything else. The dude just has the worst body language on the court. At one point yesterday Hendricks kind of stole a rebound from him (not even sure it was that egregious) and Walker's body language was clearly upset.

Sexton is the more egregious error to me because he has been so damn good and consistent. The FO gonna have major egg on their face if Key doesn't develop cuz this **** was sitting right in front of them.
Is it egregious when Hardy handling Sexton the way he did is why he improved so much?

Is it egregious when Hardy handling Sexton the way he did is why he improved so much?
Its part of the reason, but he needed to recognize earlier that this was the guy that should be leading the backcourt in minutes... not 3rd in minutes. Collin has been held in check by Will which has helped but the vast majority of Collin's improvement is because of Collins work.

Kessler being "meh" has made the handling of his minutes logical. Collin was so good that he couldn't be ignored... even though it seems they try real hard sometimes.

So disappointed in Kessler. He just doesn't have any fire. At all. If he had any fire he could be really really good. Until he gets a chip on his shoulder or something to motivate him he'll always just be meh. Really too bad given his skills and natural abilities. He could be really great, but instead he's Ostertag Part II. Just sad really.

Sure buddy. You will make any excuse in the world to cover for Hardy. The reality is that injuries forced Sexton into the starting lineup and he blew up in spite of Hardy being a big tool.

Sure buddy. You will make any excuse in the world to cover for Hardy. The reality is that injuries forced Sexton into the starting lineup and he blew up in spite of Hardy being a big tool.
Yeah, I'll side with Hardy over the dude who is scared of the Houston Rockets to the point were he thinks a team should blow it up.

No way to know that is the case.
Sexton has always been good and efficient. And a very hard worker with the right attitude.
It's fine to give hardy some credit for Sexton improving but sexton might have improved just as much or even more without hardy. There is just no way to know.
You definitely have to at least give some of the credit to sexton himself though lol.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

No way to know that is the case.
Sexton has always been good and efficient. And a very hard worker with the right attitude.
It's fine to give hardy some credit for Sexton improving but sexton might have improved just as much or even more without hardy. There is just no way to know.
You definitely have to at least give some of the credit to sexton himself though lol.

Well of course. But Hardy being hard on Sexton is what has helped him improve so much. Sexton has always been an efficient scorer, but he's overall an efficient offensive player now, not just a scorer. His BPM has never been positive until this season and this year he is at 2.2 BPM.

Sexton is very much a player who needs to be held back to some extent. Maybe he is now at the point where that is no longer the case, but Hardy has done a masterclass job in his development to this point. The improvement from his last healthy year in Cleveland to this year has been massive.

Well of course. But Hardy being hard on Sexton is what has helped him improve so much. Sexton has always been an efficient scorer, but he's overall an efficient offensive player now, not just a scorer. His BPM has never been positive until this season and this year he is at 2.2 BPM.

Sexton is very much a player who needs to be held back to some extent. Maybe he is now at the point where that is no longer the case, but Hardy has done a masterclass job in his development to this point. The improvement from his last healthy year in Cleveland to this year has been massive.
I assume hardy has helped. But it's an assumption. No way to know with certainty.
What I do know with certainty is that Sexton had to go out and make the improvements so he should get the bulk of the credit.