What does Walker's future hold?

• Will be better than Gobert

• Just as good as Gobert

• He's still a future All Star or DPOY

• Still a future 30+ MPG player

• Zubac level starter

• Bench player

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man, when do we play the Spurs? I gotta see this. I don't see Kessler putting up any resistance to Wemby. What would he do against him?

And where is Kessler hiding this athleticism? Not saying you're wrong, but the eye test has him looking average or below as an athlete.
I'm not saing he is a top level athlete or even great, but in the category of big centers or players with his body type I see him being pretty smooth and running the floor way better than most of those guys.

I think he can body him up and make entry passes to Wemby a bit harder than most guys in the NBA. If Wemby gets the ball inside I'm not sure anyone in the league can do anything but foul him.

Walker's number #1 hater doing nasty work.
Not a hater, just need to realize our team building shouldn't really factor Walker in all that much. The best version of this team might be with a more dynamic center. Every season the league gets harder for players in the Walker archetype.

Also I don't think Walker is nearly as good or has any potential to get close to how good peak Rudy was a perimeter defense on switches.

I'm not saing he is a top level athlete or even great, but in the category of big centers or players with his body type I see him being pretty smooth and running the floor way better than most of those guys.

I think he can body him up and make entry passes to Wemby a bit harder than most guys in the NBA. If Wemby gets the ball inside I'm not sure anyone in the league can do anything but foul him.
Walker isn't guarding Wemby most likely. Lauri/Collins are and they will have Walker help at the rim.

Like if we end up getting into a tank situation and get lucky with the #1 pick, I'm 100000% trading Walker and drafting Sarr. Would anyone go a different direction?

Not a hater, just need to realize our team building shouldn't really factor Walker in all that much. The best version of this team might be with a more dynamic center. Every season the league gets harder for players in the Walker archetype.

Also I don't think Walker is nearly as good or has any potential to get close to how good peak Rudy was a perimeter defense on switches.
1699028616015.gif

Walker is redeemable, he will be a player in this league for a long time even if he's not Rudy. Ochai on the other hand? He's Miye Oni with more muscles.
Damn bruh!

People who feel much differently about him now vs last year are being too reactionary in my opinion.
Im reactionary then. Im seeing more zubac than gobert at this point. Which isn't a horrible outcome but not what I was thinking last season

His issues this year seem mental. He needs to touch a booby. R-E-L-A-X

Remember that year Gordon missed a lot of shots and was constantly down on himself... that's what Walker is kind of reminding me of right now.
Mental how? What could he be doing better if his head was in it? He just doesn't seem to fit into the modern league very well. So I really don't see the comparison to a slump shooting Hayward who was dealing with contract stuff, becoming the #1 guy on the team, etc.

He just bottlenecks what you can do when he is on the court from what I can tell. Honestly Lauri just seems more like the center to me when he's in. And Lauri and KO just make way more sense together, and I don't even like KO.

An awful backcourt is doing Kessler no favors, I grant you. And I can see a version of a lineup with Lauri at the 4 and Kessler at the 5 being good, but Collins cannot be part of that group. And Hardy's lineups so far do not suggest that he is interested in anything like what I'm talking about.

Key
THT
Ochai
Lauri
Kessler

Is the type lineup I'd like to see. But I guess I'm more interested in seeing what kind of players we have and how they fit than winning games. Wonder if Hardy will pivot a bit more to that side of things if we continue to lose. At least change the starting lineup, I really hate it. Bring Kessler off the bench if you really want to start Collins.

Rudy also tried some stuff.

When Walker has tried stuff he has embarrassed himself. In the preseason he attempted some post fadeaway that was as ugly if not uglier than any jumper I've seen Rudy attempt. Last game he had some weird post pass to absolutely no one.
True but how much was rudy trying in his second year.
Comparing rudy who has been in the league a long long time to kessler who has played 1 year is a pretty sweet compliment to kessler imo. Rudy as a rookie aint do ****.

Walker is redeemable, he will be a player in this league for a long time even if he's not Rudy. Ochai on the other hand? He's Miye Oni with more muscles.
Ouch

Actually shocked this many people voted Zubac level. Thought the optimism would still be on 30 mpg starter

Mental how? What could he be doing better if his head was in it? He just doesn't seem to fit into the modern league very well. So I really don't see the comparison to a slump shooting Hayward who was dealing with contract stuff, becoming the #1 guy on the team, etc.

He just bottlenecks what you can do when he is on the court from what I can tell. Honestly Lauri just seems more like the center to me when he's in. And Lauri and KO just make way more sense together, and I don't even like KO.

An awful backcourt is doing Kessler no favors, I grant you. And I can see a version of a lineup with Lauri at the 4 and Kessler at the 5 being good, but Collins cannot be part of that group. And Hardy's lineups so far do not suggest that he is interested in anything like what I'm talking about.

Key
THT
Ochai
Lauri
Kessler

Is the type lineup I'd like to see. But I guess I'm more interested in seeing what kind of players we have and how they fit than winning games. Wonder if Hardy will pivot a bit more to that side of things if we continue to lose. At least change the starting lineup, I really hate it. Bring Kessler off the bench if you really want to start Collins.
Mental in he is not catching passes that he caught last year and blowing bunnies when he had quite the finishing package last year for a rookie big. Guys like him are dependent on being fed as well (its a player limitation for sure) and right now who on the roster do you have confidence can get him the ball? He is in a different roll with Collins on the squad. He is dealing with less space around the basket (playing with Conley and Ko is different than Collins and THT). I don't think it is a mistake that he got loose in the game that our guards hit shots.

Just relax... he will find a loose woman and get some confidence back and you will be upset you doubted him.

As bad as the backcourt has been, we need a big wing who isn't a ball stopper in the worst way. I can't believe Ochai was the best option at the three in that hypothetical lineup...

I continue to be completely enamored with Josh Giddey. Off to a bit of a slow start, could not fit our needs any more perfectly. I'd almost be willing to pay whatever insane price the Thunder would have for him.

Mental in he is not catching passes that he caught last year and blowing bunnies when he had quite the finishing package last year for a rookie big. Guys like him are dependent on being fed as well (its a player limitation for sure) and right now who on the roster do you have confidence can get him the ball? He is in a different roll with Collins on the squad. He is dealing with less space around the basket (playing with Conley and Ko is different than Collins and THT). I don't think it is a mistake that he got loose in the game that our guards hit shots.

Just relax... he will find a loose woman and get some confidence back and you will be upset you doubted him.
Yeah I think he's just in his own head, and trying to get into the new dynamic with Collins. That's a lot there for a 2nd year guy. Nothing to worry about yet. Lots of 2nd year players struggle.

Our guards sure hit shots in that Grizz game... The Nuggets game was his best and they also have a very obvious big man to match up against. The best player in the league, but still he fits in against that team way better than most others.

He's also a 7 foot freak with a block head. So wonder how the dating scene is treating him.