What's new

Conley could miss multiple weeks with hamstring injury

If the Jazz win tonight on the road against the Clippers without Conley, well, that tells us just how valuable he is to this Jazz team! Regardless, I think we can all agree that this was the worse trade/signing the Jazz have ever made in the history of there franchise! And to think we could have kept Rubio, Favors and Crowley!

I miss Crowley the most.

He was a PF his whole time in Denver. And he's only an inch shorter and 5 pounds lighter than Davis (per Basketball-reference). But he went from starter to salary dump to buyout to minimum salary to out of the league pretty damn quick for a player of his age and production. Not advocating we get him, just observing that there doesn't seem any particular reason for his fall from grace.
He refused to accept the vet minimum is why he went to China. I imagine some other kind of pride issue is the reason he’s not there anymore either.

Neto's minutes?
As a third-strong PG, Neto was able to get 12-13 mpg in about 43% of games. So far NWG is averaging 3 mpg in 23% of games, despite us being down a starting PG.

tl;dr Neto had a role, even if he got a lot of garbage time. NWG can’t approximate any of that role. The idea with Neto is that we moved on from him because of his health, but we wouldn’t even play NWG in the spots where we’d use Neto anyway so it’s moot. I suppose we saved $200k to have NWG, though, so there’s that.

As a third-strong PG, Neto was able to get 12-13 mpg in about 43% of games. So far NWG is averaging 3 mpg in 23% of games, despite us being down a starting PG.

tl;dr Neto had a role, even if he got a lot of garbage time. NWG can’t approximate any of that role. The idea with Neto is that we moved on from him because of his health, but we wouldn’t even play NWG in the spots where we’d use Neto anyway so it’s moot. I suppose we saved $200k to have NWG, though, so there’s that.
A lot of that was because of injuries and that he had institutional knowledge of the system/team from being there for years. It's not comparable to a guy we just picked up from Europe not getting minutes on a team that is trying to contend.

I dont like NWG at all, but he was playing like a boss in Europe. The Jazz probably wanted to get a closer look at him. Just cuz you sign a player and he doesnt get on the court right away doesnt mean it's a failure/bad signing.

Nah, in order to play a role you gotta be able to be available to play that role when called upon. But in most of the time when we were callin for a third string PG Neto wasnt even available. NWG at least will be more likely to be there when the Jazz need him. It's just that we are loaded at the backcourt this year with many of them capable of fulfillin the PG duty so we don't really ask much out of a third string PG.

Nah, in order to play a role you gotta be able to be available to play that role when called upon. But in most of the time when we were callin for a third string PG Neto wasnt even available. NWG at least will be more likely to be there when the Jazz need him. It's just that we are loaded at the backcourt this year with many of them capable of fulfillin the PG duty so we don't really ask much out of a third string PG.
Here’s the thing, though: even if Neto wasn’t available 50% of the time you’d call on him, NWG isn’t even considered in that role 100% of the time. So if NWG can’t be counted on when healthy to do those things Neto did, how is Neto’s health relevant when you’re comparing the two?