What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

Wow, a decent trade by the Jazz for a change. We gave up no one of value and 20+ draft picks to get a 20+ ppg guy. It's been a long time since that happened. Was Hornacek the last one?

Sir, you read my post wrong. Mirotic was unplayable against the Raptors and trash in the playoffs. He shot a pathetic 29% at the 3 in the playoffs. What a great sniper for us to get for the post season right? Worse than Rubio LOL

He slumped at the wrong time... he had a really good playoff year before. Had some hand injuries and was playing small forward at times . He can shoot and he provided other value at times for the bucks... just got cold at the wrong time. He’d be a solid addition and is a guy nba teams don’t leave open.

He slumped at the wrong time... he had a really good playoff year before. Had some hand injuries and was playing small forward at times . He can shoot and he provided other value at times for the bucks... just got cold at the wrong time. He’d be a solid addition and is a guy nba teams don’t leave open.
Mirotic and bjelica do NOT make us any better than we are now. Love does

So as a center he can't be hunted for switches?

Yes, obviously he can, but he clearly struggles with it, and Rudy struggles with it, so exactly how does that help the team? It gives you two weak spots to attack.

Look, Love isn't even average defensively as a 5. He's atrocious as a 4. He's got a $30MM contract. He hasn't played more than 60 games since the 2015-2016 season. He's coming off of a year where he shot under 40% overall. I agree we could upgrade from Favors, but Love ain't it. He does not fit what Utah wants to do.

So as a center he can't be hunted for switches?

No and if he is then Rudy can cover for him. Look he adds to the team... its the difference between what he brings and cheaper options can bring. He has the trifecta of:

- rough contract
- Injury woes
- defensive liability - Not Kanteresque or Jabari-bad, but not good.

Like you said... it is why he is available... but I just think we can get the shooting without the rebounding at a fraction of the cost in a more durable option.

If the price was just Exum and Favs and we were mid season... and Love was healthy... I'd prolly do it and go for the title... right now I can't get behind it.

Mirotic and bjelica do NOT make us any better than we are now. Love does

All three can make us better... 2 of those guys don't have one of the worst contracts in the league and won't kill our flexibility going forward.

No and if he is then Rudy can cover for him. Look he adds to the team... its the difference between what he brings and cheaper options can bring. He has the trifecta of:

- rough contract
- Injury woes
- defensive liability - Not Kanteresque or Jabari-bad, but not good.

Like you said... it is why he is available... but I just think we can get the shooting without the rebounding at a fraction of the cost in a more durable option.

If the price was just Exum and Favs and we were mid season... and Love was healthy... I'd prolly do it and go for the title... right now I can't get behind it.
If it's mid-season and Love is healthy, you can't make that trade with just Exum and Favors.

Yes, obviously he can, but he clearly struggles with it, and Rudy struggles with it, so exactly how does that help the team? It gives you two weak spots to attack.

Look, Love isn't even average defensively as a 5. He's atrocious as a 4. He's got a $30MM contract. He hasn't played more than 60 games since the 2015-2016 season. He's coming off of a year where he shot under 40% overall. I agree we could upgrade from Favors, but Love ain't it. He does not fit what Utah wants to do.
I'm not sure what you're saying in this dialogue. You talked about Love being a sieve and hunted on switches in the playoffs. I asked if that happened before, to which you seemed to explain it away with him playing the 5. I get your argument that you make, but those individual points aren't connecting, other than saying "he's bad."

I'm not sure what you're saying in this dialogue. You talked about Love being a sieve and hunted on switches in the playoffs. I asked if that happened before, to which you seemed to explain it away with him playing the 5. I get your argument that you make, but those individual points aren't connecting, other than saying "he's bad."

How are the points not connecting? They all explain why he doesn't fit here. If you can't figure that out...