What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

How are the points not connecting? They all explain why he doesn't fit here. If you can't figure that out...
infection: Love isn't a sieve like he's portrayed.
RFR: He played the 5 in Cleveland. He'd be iso-d non-stop in the playoffs.
infection: Did he get iso-d non-stop in the last playoffs?
RFR: He was playing the 5.
infection: So they can't hunt him down for isos when he plays the 5?
RFR: It gives you two weak spots to attack.

We're failing answer the question of whether or not he's hunted out for isos, and seem to be dodging the answer.

Wow, a decent trade by the Jazz for a change. We gave up no one of value and 20+ draft picks to get a 20+ ppg guy. It's been a long time since that happened. Was Hornacek the last one?
That future first won't be 20+ though... More likely than not

We're failing answer the question of whether or not he's hunted out for isos, and seem to be dodging the answer.

The tricky thing about facts is that all of us can go back and look at them. :)

You last said : "so as a center he can't be hunted for switches?"

My next immediate response said: "yes, obviously he can..."

I went on to immediately explain how he struggles with that, and how Rudy struggles with it as well, so with both of them on the court struggling with iso switches, it puts us at a severe disadvantage defensively, whereas when Love is playing the 5 that disadvantage is mitigated to a point.

I didn't dodge the answer, it was the first damn response in that quote. Look harder next time.

In case you're still struggling, yes Love is sought out on iso switches, and yes, he's bad at it.

The tricky thing about facts is that all of us can go back and look at them. :)

You last said : "so as a center he can't be hunted for switches?"

My next immediate response said: "yes, obviously he can..."

I went on to immediately explain how he struggles with that, and how Rudy struggles with it as well, so with both of them on the court struggling with iso switches, it puts us at a severe disadvantage defensively, whereas when Love is playing the 5 that disadvantage is mitigated to a point.

I didn't dodge the answer, it was the first damn response in that quote. Look harder next time.

In case you're still struggling, yes Love is sought out on iso switches, and yes, he's bad at it.
No, I’m asking if he was hunted for switches in the last playoffs, and you answered in the hypothetical, “yes, he can be hunted for switches as a center.” But, I see above you’re saying he is hunted for switches, so thanks for the clarity. Do you have any data to back that up?

Kinda like favors right now. Favors is unplayable against the rockets or warriors at the 4
Agreed. No worse than love would be.
I don't want love or favors to be our starting 4

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

We don't "need" a high usage 4 now... Conley, DM, Ingles provides plenty of playmaking... the fifth starter should be able to make open 3s and if they can create then fantastic.

I'm all for starting Royce at the 4. Again... just go find some perimeter depth and a more traditional 4 and a backup 5 with the 17M in space and room exception.

If it's mid-season and Love is healthy, you can't make that trade with just Exum and Favors.
Why not?
Is Cleveland a title contender at that point?

What if favors and Exum are also healthy and playing well?
You don't think Cleveland would value a young good player with potential on an ok contract and an expiring?

Yes

No, I’m asking if he was hunted for switches in the last playoffs, and you answered in the hypothetical, “yes, he can be hunted for switches as a center.” But, I see above you’re saying he is hunted for switches, so thanks for the clarity. Do you have any data to back that up?

Do I have the data? Lol.

No, I don't. I watched it happen. Don't know the frequency of which it occured, but it was often.

I do know this. Last year in iso defense situations, Love surrendered 1.10 ppp, Favors was at 0.82. Significant difference there.

Do I have the data? Lol.

No, I don't. I watched it happen. Don't know the frequency of which it occured, but it was often.

I do know this. Last year in iso defense situations, Love surrendered 1.10 ppp, Favors was at 0.82. Significant difference there.
What about 21% from the 3 compared to 37%? Significant difference there.

Do you have any data to back up that he isn't?

What about 21% from the 3 compared to 37%? Significant difference there.

Now do their TS% :)

Love isn't good enough on offense to offset his defensive inequities as a 4 on the Utah Jazz. He's not an upgrade from Favors, and with his contract, he needs to be an upgrade.

Do you have any data to back up that he isn't?
No. It's a genuine question. I don't recall him being hunted down for switches any time I've seen him. I worry that these perceptions get magnified significantly versus reality. If there's evidence that the offense is continually exploiting him as is suggested, I'm completely open to it, but it's something I mostly see on message boards and in hypotheticals.