What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

Andy Larsen just wrote up a Conley piece. Really. Good. Two things that stood out to me are

1. his use of screens to get open looks, that he hits as a hit rate

2. He is adept at the pick n roll, a jazz staple and shoots floaters with both hands

He’s gonna beast here.

Last edited:
Since I am still too much of a newbie here to post my own thread, I'll plug this question in here: does anyone else here blame Chris Wallace for the Jazz not making it to at least the Western Conference Finals, if not the NBA Championship (given the weakened state of the GSWs)? Now that the Conley deal is done, it seems like such a wasted opportunity that it didn't happen at the trade deadline as the Jazz believed it would. That a$$hole Chris Wallace f'd everything up for the Jazz. What might have been.

Since I am still too much of a newbie here to post my own thread, I'll plug this question in here: does anyone else here blame Chris Wallace for the Jazz not making it to at least the Western Conference Finals, if not the NBA Championship (given the weakened state of the GSWs)? Now that the Conley deal is done, it seems like such a wasted opportunity that it didn't happen at the trade deadline as the Jazz believed it would. That a$$hole Chris Wallace f'd everything up for the Jazz. What might have been.
Chris Wallace?

220px-Chris_Wallace_%28cropped%29.jpg

LOL. Not quite. The Grizzlies GM who scuttled the deal at the last minute and then was basically fired a week later. If we had a reasonable GM on the other end of that deal, the Jazz may have had a very different end to the season.

Most people around here basically blame DL for not including Exum (or whatever it is that Wallace wanted) in the deal.

But I think you make a good point. Wallace’ was being a bit greedy at the table. It’s dumb to simply insist that Lindsey is at fault.

Most people around here basically blame DL for not including Exum (or whatever it is that Wallace wanted) in the deal.

But I think you make a good point. Wallace’ was being a bit greedy at the table. It’s dumb to simply insist that Lindsey is at fault.
I'm sure there is blame to be apportioned around, but at least one report I read suggested that Wallace agreed to Lindsey's proposed deal, but wanted to "shop" the deal around to see if he could find something better. Essentially, he told Lindsey that if he couldn't find a better deal, consider the deal done. Then when he couldn't find a "better" deal, Wallace insisted on something more that hadn't been in the initial deal (Exum or another first rounder). At that point, Lindsey backed away when Wallace attempted to retrade a done deal. Not sure which version to believe, but this version seems consistent with Wallace essentially getting ****-canned a week later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely terrible trade.

Are you being sarcastic right now?? This is exactly what we needed to get to the next level. Your insane. For once the Jazz do something right and your not impressed? You must be the same guy that liked us giving up two 2nd round pics and Burks in exchange for a 38 year old Korver.

Are you being sarcastic right now?? This is exactly what we needed to get to the next level. Your insane. For once the Jazz do something right and your not impressed? You must be the same guy that liked us giving up two 2nd round pics and Burks in exchange for a 38 year old Korver.
His insane what?

I really hope this doesn’t happen. Neto is useful in short stints (when healthy) and this would leave the bench even thinner. Is there no way to get rid of Bradley instead?

Yeah I'd dump Bradley in a trade into someones cap space instead. Maybe some team will give us a second rounder.

I thought after the lottery Memphis knew it had Ja Morant, so didn't need Exum in the deal