What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

Tbh, I don’t really like that. Sometimes you need that fire and anger. Maybe he doesn’t have it? Trading Crowder...sounds like the Jazz might need a hype man/enforcer guy for a vet minimum.

Any names anyone?

384px-Trevor_Booker_Wizards.jpg

If you only read jazzfanz and only after the Conley trade then you would assume Conley is a 2 time MVP, and 10 time all star. Better than curry, or Lillard. Probably the best point guard in the NBA.

It reminds me of when we traded for Rubio though that was on a lesser scale. Suddenly Rubio was the guy many wanted and was a great defender, best passer in the NBA, and was just coming off the best couple of months of shooting in his whole career + the jazz shooting coach and developmental staff would make him a better shooter.

I hope the Conley hype is more accurate than the Rubio hype was.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If you only read jazzfanz and only after the Conley trade then you would assume Conley is a 2 time MVP, and 10 time all star. Better than curry, or Lillard. Probably the best point guard in the NBA.

It reminds me of when we traded for Rubio though that was on a lesser scale. Suddenly Rubio was the guy many wanted and was a great defender, best passer in the NBA, and was just coming off the best couple of months of shooting in his whole career + the jazz shooting coach and developmental staff would make him a better shooter.

If Rubio had a jumpshot I think he would have lived up to the hype, right?

i was underwhelmed by Rubio's defense and I remember his passing was laughably bad when he first arrived. Too many flashy passes into the scorer's table. Lindsey backed himself into a corner by not spending any money on FA's. And once Hill tried to extort a huge contract from him, Dennis had no other choice but trading for the only PG he could in a vain attempt at keeping Gordo. It was pure desperation.

Fortunately, Donovan is turning out to be a superstar, far exceeding even our wildest dreams. Jazz have pivoted with Conley, but will be left scrambling if he opts out to go elsewhere in 1 year. Huge risk, but had to take it, IMO.

Last edited:
i was underwhelmed by Rubio's defense and I remember his passing was laughably bad when he first arrived. Too many flashy passes into the scorer's table.

Rubio was taller, but Conley shoots better, shows more fundamentals on D, and passes better. Rubio played hard, so no knock there. Conley plays his heart out as well. It’s the intangibles. Was my favorite non-jazz player... no frills, just works.

Not saying he’s the best 1 in the league. But I truly believe he will be a great fit for this team and our system.

If Rubio had a jumpshot I think he would have lived up to the hype, right?
Nah. Never liked his defense and his passing was hit and miss. A bit high on turnovers it seemed. Seemed to shoot a low percentage at the rim. I liked his personality though. Was decent at drawing fouls.

I think it’s pretty fair to say that Conley will be George Hill on steroids, and George Hill made us pretty good.

Rubio was taller, but Conley shoots better, shows more fundamentals on D, and passes better. Rubio played hard, so no knock there. Conley plays his heart out as well. It’s the intangibles. Was my favorite non-jazz player... no frills, just works.

Not saying he’s the best 1 in the league. But I truly believe he will be a great fit for this team and our system.

How about Conley does everything better than Rubio and then some ?

How about Conley does everything better than Rubio and then some ?
That's what I think too.
And I also eventually thought Rubio was going to be awesome for us after reading jazzfanz right after that trade.
I was wrong though.

That's what I think too.
And I also eventually thought Rubio was going to be awesome for us after reading jazzfanz right after that trade.
I was wrong though.

We were all optimistic. He needed a change of scenery but sadly his biggest downfall is he’s a bad shooter.

We were all optimistic. He needed a change of scenery but sadly his biggest downfall is he’s a bad shooter.
And I guess I don't see a big weakness with Conley other than him being so short that he is easy to shoot over and could be punished on switches. But I mean neto is short and see him pester point guards all the time and stay in front of them and be physical with them and ends up being a good defender simply with effort toughness and physicality. Conley can do that too

You cant trick my *** with rubio, i called it.

We got more ouy of him than expected. If conley stays healthy hes gona be a an absolute upgrade

What?!? I remember being one of the very few that was happy with the Rubio trade. Most were pretty down on it or luke warm.