What's new

Conley to start soon.

Come on Mike, help us turn this thing around. Somehow reach inside and find that confidence that you had in Memphis. This is the reason the Jazz brought you here is to be that guy to right the ship when we are struggling.

Sorry to come off as a jerk but you're talking out of your *** here and just making stuff up. Yes he's a pick and roll guy but to say he struggles or can't create is flat out false.

1, I never said he can't create. I just said he's not as good at shot creating as many of us thought. Of course he can beat guys off the dribble or make contested shot. But he just can't do it CONSISTENTlLY. Words matter.
2, anyone would look like Michael Jordan in highlights.
3 See how many pick n roll actions he did in those highlight? I saw at least 50% of the plays were off of pick n roll actions meaning his defender were already way out of position and they can't afford to leave JJJ, JV or Gasol open outside of the painted area. And we simply don't have that same playset for him here in Utah.

A Conley BIG game = What Mudiay and Clarkson give us on a regular basis.

Clarkson? Maybe. He is being great for us Mudiay? Not really.

In the last 4 seasons Conley only had 20 games below 10pts. 11 of those this year, mostly coming of the bench + the stinkers at the beginning of the year. He had three games with 0 points in the last 11 years (4 if you count one he got injured at 4minute mark). I like Mudiay, but I think he is being overhyped lately.

Last edited:
I wonder if Conley injured himself in camp and hasn't really recovered yet? If it is still in the back of his mind, it will be hard for him to play in a free flowing way.

Reactions: SCS
I wonder if Conley injured himself in camp and hasn't really recovered yet? If it is still in the back of his mind, it will be hard for him to play in a free flowing way.

I was wondering and speculating about this yesterday. Mike said in an interview about a month ago that in Memphis he played through injuries a lot and that he's found out that with the Jazz things are different. Yesterday Andy Larsen tweeted out that Mike has been dealing with nagging injuries for years and that the Jazz have been very cautious.

I wonder if those nagging injuries finally took a toll and caused the struggles we've seen so far this year. Maybe he hasn't been 100% at any point this season?

The Jazz are so quiet about injuries that we would never know if they intentionally wanted to keep something hush hush

The Jazz are so quiet about injuries that we would never know if they intentionally wanted to keep something hush hush

good management, I guess.

I was able to watch the Denver game with my brother, and he was feeling loquacious in his opinions about stuff. I usually have the good sense to ask questions and let him answer them at length.

He dramatically demonstrated why Exum was accident prone. He also noted that the Jazz win streak was without Conley, and opined that we should trade him off for someone with a future.....

I was an enthusiastic supporter of the Mike Conley addition to the Jazz, in part because I thought he would work well with Mitchell.

Last edited:
good management, I guess.

I was able to watch the Denver game with him, and he was feeling loquacious in his opinions about stuff.

He dramatically demonstrated why Exum was accident prone. He also noted that the Jazz win streak was without Conley, and opined that we should trade him off for someone with a future.....

Who are you talking about?

Forcing Conley to poop or get off the pot. Let's do this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was wondering and speculating about this yesterday. Mike said in an interview about a month ago that in Memphis he played through injuries a lot and that he's found out that with the Jazz things are different. Yesterday Andy Larsen tweeted out that Mike has been dealing with nagging injuries for years and that the Jazz have been very cautious.

I wonder if those nagging injuries finally took a toll and caused the struggles we've seen so far this year. Maybe he hasn't been 100% at any point this season?
If so then that makes the trade look even worse.
Not only did we give up a bunch of assets for an aging, undersized, overpaid, never all star player but he is also run down from playing through too many injuries when he should have been sitting out

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Who are you talking about?

Sorry. The "him" is my brother, a very competitive basketball player who maintains an active interest in the Jazz, to the extent that you should not expect to spend any time around him without hearing about it.

I must have edited that specific proper name out, for good reason.

Sorry. The "him" is my brother, a very competitive basketball player who maintains an active interest in the Jazz, to the extent that you should not expect to spend any time around him without hearing about it.

I must have edited that specific proper name out, for good reason.
While I haven't heard the full extent of his opinion, I probably would agree with him.

That’s a nope.

at this point there's nothing you can point to that suggests that Conley > Rubio so far this season. He'd have to have one of the most strong post-ASB turn-arounds in recent memory for this not to go as one of the worst jazz trades in franchise history.

at this point there's nothing you can point to that suggests that Conley > Rubio so far this season. He'd have to have one of the most strong post-ASB turn-arounds in recent memory for this not to go as one of the worst jazz trades in franchise history.
Who said anything about Conley?

The fact that defenses still have to guard Conley easily makes Conley > Rubio.

Mitchell and Ingles >>> Conley or Rubio

I've wondered... if free agency happened before the draft if we'd have gone the route of DM, Ingles as the backcourt knowing we had Bojan and that the Clips and Lakers are big on the wing. I think we still do the trade for Mike though.

I'm fine with the adjustment to the starting lineup if we can find time for Joe and Rudy to work... would be nice to have another big in the second unit that can play pick and roll.