What's new

Conley to start soon.

Alright. But that wasn't the argument at hand.

rubio fit the team better. In hindsight we should have ignored getting another guard and gone all in with Donovan at PG, while trying to retain Fav. Exum and Mudiay were sufficient for guard depth. We didn’t need Rubio nor Conley. Goes to show that all the chatter about “four quarters aren’t worth as much as a dollar” can backfire heavy

rubio fit the team better. In hindsight we should have ignored getting another guard and gone all in with Donovan at PG, while trying to retain Fav. Exum and Mudiay were sufficient for guard depth. We didn’t need Rubio nor Conley. Goes to show that all the chatter about “four quarters aren’t worth as much as a dollar” can backfire heavy
Or in foresight in my case. I have been saying that DM is our point guard since day 1

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So Conley is going now a bit... but we've lost Joe, DM is struggling though I don't think its Mike's fault, and Royce has been bad... his defense and rebounding are a little marginalized now that they are out of the starting lineup.

We won't do it yet, but ultimately Mike needs to come off the bench... Having him as a starter takes the ball out of Joe's hands, takes away from the Rudy Pick and Roll action, makes us worse on defense by a lot because it shifts everyone down and out of place. Last night Jamal Murray torched DM... DM has to be better but Royce wouldn't get beat as much on those plays. Mike isn't a blender guy... had a great game last night but there are a couple plays where he dribbles when he should just shoot or pass... its the AM syndrome.

Bring Conley off the bench with JC... JC doesn't pass the ball, so I'm not sure it will work, but pairing them with hustle guys and defenders should be more effective. We don't have those activity guys but could give Brantley a shot... or we could sign someone... I think I'd be okay with Ed coming back... TB hasn't gotten an offensive rebound in the last three games he's played.

Its making the best of a ****** situation imo.

So Conley is going now a bit... but we've lost Joe, DM is struggling though I don't think its Mike's fault, and Royce has been bad... his defense and rebounding are a little marginalized now that they are out of the starting lineup.

We won't do it yet, but ultimately Mike needs to come off the bench... Having him as a starter takes the ball out of Joe's hands, takes away from the Rudy Pick and Roll action, makes us worse on defense by a lot because it shifts everyone down and out of place. Last night Jamal Murray torched DM... DM has to be better but Royce wouldn't get beat as much on those plays. Mike isn't a blender guy... had a great game last night but there are a couple plays where he dribbles when he should just shoot or pass... its the AM syndrome.

Bring Conley off the bench with JC... JC doesn't pass the ball, so I'm not sure it will work, but pairing them with hustle guys and defenders should be more effective. We don't have those activity guys but could give Brantley a shot... or we could sign someone... I think I'd be okay with Ed coming back... TB hasn't gotten an offensive rebound in the last three games he's played.

Its making the best of a ****** situation imo.

I agree but as you say it won't happen.. So in that case I would prefer to put Royce back with starters. If only Joe had a good pnr partner on the bench.. I think it would be the best solution in finding a balance between all those guys who need the ball in their hands to be efficient.