What's new

Conley Trade with Clippers

Pastramiking

If Clippers lose out on Rose and Holiday maybe they will be interested in Conley?

Clippers get Conley and Future 2nd rounder

Utah gets Lou Williams, Patrick Beverly, and MFiondu Kabengele

With Lou Williams, Jazz could let Clarkson walk or sign and trade him.

Beverly could take over as starting point guard.

Kabengele has the potential to be a good PF, with 3pt range

Neither pat bev or Lou are as good as they used to be. 2nds are trash. Conley is still a great starting player and could be a Dragic off the bench for us if we resign him for another 3 years. Additionally, neither Lou or Bev seem like real Utah people.

If Clippers lose out on Rose and Holiday maybe they will be interested in Conley?

Clippers get Conley and Future 2nd rounder

Utah gets Lou Williams, Patrick Beverly, and MFiondu Kabengele

With Lou Williams, Jazz could let Clarkson walk or sign and trade him.

Beverly could take over as starting point guard.

Kabengele has the potential to be a good PF, with 3pt range
Interesting idea, but I don't think the Clippers will have any interest in doing that trade.

For us, I would probably do it if it came with substantial savings. We need Beverley's defense more than Conley's contract, but I'm not sure Lou Williams is an upgrade over Clarkson.

Interesting idea, but I don't think the Clippers will have any interest in doing that trade.

For us, I would probably do it if it came with substantial savings. We need Beverley's defense more than Conley's contract, but I'm not sure Lou Williams is an upgrade over Clarkson.

Lou Williams is not necessarily an upgrade over Clarkson, but he is under a team friendly $8mm a year contract.

This is worse than the last trade with Boston and Indy. That is quite an accomplishment tbh.

Personally I just want to dump conley even if we have to sacrifice this year's first. We aren't getting anything for him, that's a fact.

Personally I just want to dump conley even if we have to sacrifice this year's first. We aren't getting anything for him, that's a fact.

I think dumping him for nothing would be a mistake unless it's for a substantial savings. Dumping for no value and losing a 1st is even worse.

Conley trades either have us bringing back bad contracts (like Horford) or bringing back next to nothing (like sending him to Detroit into their cap space). If we don't value one of those type deals, then we need to just hold onto him. We desperately need to keep our picks. I would only trade it if we are moving around in this draft or picking up a possibly better pick in the future.

The haul that Pels got for Jrue is huge. They are treating Jrue like he is a hall of famer.
The haul for Jrue wasn't that much different than Conley.

Crowder, Korver, Grayson and 2 firsts
vs
Bledsoe, Hill, and 3 firsts

Now if the Bucks tank then NOLA can swap picks but NOLA will be bad for a while I think. And Bucks won't tank with their picks being out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

The haul for Jrue wasn't that much different than Conley.

Crowder, Korver, Grayson and 2 firsts
vs
Bledsoe, Hill, and 3 firsts

Now if the Bucks tank then NOLA can swap picks but NOLA will be bad for a while I think. And Bucks won't tank with their picks being out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Bledsoe is better than anything the Jazz gave up. Buck are so thin on depth right now that an injury or two could REALLY hurt them. There starters are going to play HEAVY minutes.