What's new

Conspiracy Theory of the Day; Cobra Effect applied to Geopolitics.

Cobra Effect applied to Geopolitics.

When America says "don't use chemical weapons, or America will get involved"
does this increase or decrease the likelihood of the use of chemical weapons?

I guess I'll have to google "Cobra Effect", maybe "geopolitics" too.

When a cobra rares up and threatens to strike, people usually smash it with a stick or a rock. And speaking of rocks, "geopolitics" might mean the study of the lithographic behaviors of rock layers when neanderthal humans are kicking up the dust on the surface, depositing lead and their dead.

I have an old moviecalled "Constantine and the Cross" which is about how the Romans were padding around in their palaces in togas filled with malice and intrigue, murdering one another and making it out as a pretext for killing more Christians, while their legions were spread out across the known world burning the villages of "barbarians" who didn't wanna pay tribute to support the lavish lifestyles of Roman honchos. The movies claimed it was a great human triumph when Constantine established a regime drawing power from the Christians, but didn't mention how that whole State Religion thing turned out, again, to be pretty much the same thing as paganism, with Christians killing unbelievers and even indifferent souls who cared for nothing more than growing their vegetables and dining undisturbed by candlelight, just like the Romans had once killed unenthusiastic people who didn't care enough about Jove and "The Government".

Probably a lot of unenthusiastic "friends" of the US all over the world just can't see the difference between our drones and bombs killing their ordinary citizens, and a desperate madman who will gas his own enemies in whole neighborhoods under rebel "control", and probably our "Homeland Security Agency" buying billions of rounds of ammo to use against possible American rebels. Obama is operating on the exact same madman principle. If it weren't for our patronizing press we'd be thinking about how to get Obama out of the White House and into a Nut House.

Nowadays we are bankrupt, living off fiat currency, swaggering around the whole world playing boss man, having long ago shed any credible moral leadership and even our beliefs in human rights and government answerable to the people.

Reactions: ema

When a cobra rares up and threatens to strike, people usually smash it with a stick or a rock. And speaking of rocks, "geopolitics" might mean the study of the lithographic behaviors of rock layers when neanderthal humans are kicking up the dust on the surface, depositing lead and their dead.

I have an old moviecalled "Constantine and the Cross" which is about how the Romans were padding around in their palaces in togas filled with malice and intrigue, murdering one another and making it out as a pretext for killing more Christians, while their legions were spread out across the known world burning the villages of "barbarians" who didn't wanna pay tribute to support the lavish lifestyles of Roman honchos. The movies claimed it was a great human triumph when Constantine established a regime drawing power from the Christians, but didn't mention how that whole State Religion thing turned out, again, to be pretty much the same thing as paganism, with Christians killing unbelievers and even indifferent souls who cared for nothing more than growing their vegetables and dining undisturbed by candlelight, just like the Romans had once killed unenthusiastic people who didn't care enough about Jove and "The Government".

Probably a lot of unenthusiastic "friends" of the US all over the world just can't see the difference between our drones and bombs killing their ordinary citizens, and a desperate madman who will gas his own enemies in whole neighborhoods under rebel "control", and probably our "Homeland Security Agency" buying billions of rounds of ammo to use against possible American rebels. Obama is operating on the exact same madman principle. If it weren't for our patronizing press we'd be thinking about how to get Obama out of the White House and into a Nut House.

Nowadays we are bankrupt, living off fiat currency, swaggering around the whole world playing boss man, having long ago shed any credible moral leadership and even our beliefs in human rights and government answerable to the people.

I had just typed up the exact same thing then saw this one. Crap.

Please tell me you hold the same vitriolic disgust for Dubya that you do for the Obamanation. As long as this isn't simply partisan hatred I'm with you.

Please tell me you hold the same vitriolic disgust for Dubya that you do for the Obamanation. As long as this isn't simply partisan hatred I'm with you.

So we are not allowed to hate one without hating the other? Or is Dubya hate required and Obama hate optional? They are different people who did different things. Can't someone like one and hate the other, and vice versa?

yah, but there are some differences in style and thinking, I suppose, if you care to call it "thinking". I actually think Bush DUIbya is sorta sympathetic to some folks because he actually tried to do some business on a sorta big scale, and grew up in the loot. . . soo to speak. . . . but he still sorta knew his arab soulmates were being used to take down the towers and enable his higher level team mates to get America into a fake "noble" war against "terrorism" and into the nation-building UN world policeman racket for a while. In a way, I think this kind of elitism is the worst kind, even worse than Obama.

Obama could be considered a sympathetic character as well, for slightly different reasons. . . . he cherishes in his heart grand delusions about "making a difference" in the world albeit necessarily at some price to the evil big money boys who alone can give him the gig. . . . but his kind of "elitism" still comes down on us ordinary working stiffs pretty hard. At least Dubya gives us a little ground to stand on if we're willing to work. Odamnya is pretty clear he has no place for middle class Americans in his new world order, he intends to make us all destitute and irrelevant.

my point, generally, is that nobody who's gonna dance to the music of the money is gonna stand up for you. Basically, from the beginning of time, government has served the few. . . . on the golden rule, so to speak. . . . America was different, almost. . . .for a while. We once had just enough people with the determination to have government harnessed in such a way at least a few ordinary folks could be free. . . . well, not counting blacks and Indians. . . . .

No one takes it seriously anyhow. America has supported people who used chemical weapons in the past.

So we are not allowed to hate one without hating the other? Or is Dubya hate required and Obama hate optional? They are different people who did different things. Can't someone like one and hate the other, and vice versa?

I'd like greater detail on the difference between Bush's foreign/security policies versus Obama'a, because I have trouble seeing any.

I'd like greater detail on the difference between Bush's foreign/security policies versus Obama'a, because I have trouble seeing any.

Their is more to judge than foreign policy. Especially since the President has continued many of Bush's mistakes. It's maddening.

Obama campaigned on promises of "change" and specifically promised to end the wars and the torture camp in Guantanamo, and probably has pretty much done the same thing even Dubya logically would have done in a third term.

Their is more to judge than foreign policy.

Also please stop trying to deligitimize the President. At least that is Chris Matthews position on using his name.

I agree with the first point, although foreign policy is the primary subject of this thread.

In the second point, shouldn't that be 'Presidents'?

Obama campaigned on promises of "change" and specifically promised to end the wars and the torture camp in Guantanamo, and probably has pretty much done the same thing even Dubya logically would have done in a third term.

We never should have stayed in Afghanistan.

Their politics are different but their policies nearly identical. The only major difference I can see is that Obama brought hope to the black community.

I don't understand how republicans can support the largest expansion in Medicaid ever under w the get all bent out of shape when Obama does the same.

I also don't understand how democrats can support Obama after they were screaming about the tyranny bush was leading us towards. Not only has Obama continued Bush policies he has expanded them.

Am I really the only one who thinks they are two peas in a pod?

We really need to adopt a foreign policy similar to N. Korea.. If not, then similar to Iran where we simply outsource foreign policy to a terrorist organization like Hezbollah.

https://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news...ia-as-early-as-thursday-us-officials-say?lite

Just awesome....so glad we learned from our mistakes...Ugh!

Edit: Short version of the Link. Missile strikes on Syria could be as early as Thursday...

Turkey, England, France and Australia side with the US and Iran, North Korea, Russia and China side with Syria.

Iran and Syria have threatened retaliation if Syria is attacked and Israel has threatened retaliation if they are attacked in response to any attack on Syria.

Last edited:
The OP 'Cobra Effect' made me think of GI Joe.

Can anyone explain the difference:
CIA_seal.jpg

$(KGrHqQOKjgE6RdHWLSuBOpD3nQskQ~~60_35.JPG

Am I really the only one who thinks they are two peas in a pod?

I agree with most of what you say, and would add in a few things. The only real differences in the parties are their treatment of marginalized groups and women's health issues.