What's new

Controversy in Provo/This guy doesn't care much for BYU (merged)

Okay, so I just listened to the radio link of the San Diego radio guy (on 1320 kfan's website).

I will say this- aside from the racist stuff, I actually agree with him. And to add to that, it's really not any different than Max Hall saying all Utah fans are classless, and lying about his family getting beer poured on them.

BYU fans were all happy/in agreement/etc about Hall's comments, so they can't really say too much about this radio dude's.

The videographer was on the grassy knoll.

No, but he did build Stonehenge.

The funny thing is, saying he did something wrong is not the conspiracy here. The MWC investigated, and found sufficient grounds to suspend him based on their investigation. So the only conspiracy here is the BYU homers' claim that he really didn't do anything wrong and the MWC just suspended him because they hate BYU/no reason/whatever.

The MWC said he did something wrong and suspended him for it. Period. That is not the conspiracy, that is a fact.

Okay, so I just listened to the radio link of the San Diego radio guy (on 1320 kfan's website).

I will say this- aside from the racist stuff, I actually agree with him..
Why am I not surprised?
And to add to that, it's really not any different than Max Hall saying all Utah fans are classless, and lying about his family getting beer poured on them.
Were you sitting with or near his family to know with absolute surety it didn't happen?

BYU fans were all happy/in agreement/etc about Hall's comments, so they can't really say too much about this radio dude's.
Actually, I disagree with Max Hall's comments. For the most part, I have the utmost respect for Utah and its football program. This SDSU guy obviously doesn't like BYU, Provo, or probably the Mormon church in general. Come to think of it, how do I know that you're not this same guy?

Why am I not surprised?

Were you sitting with or near his family to know with absolute surety it didn't happen?

Actually, I disagree with Max Hall's comments. For the most part, I have the utmost respect for Utah and its football program. This SDSU guy obviously doesn't like BYU, Provo, or probably the Mormon church in general. Come to think of it, how do I know that you're not this same guy?

Well, aside from the physics making it nearly impossible to pour beer on any player at RES without running onto the field (where everyone would see you, security would catch you, and you would be beaten to a pulp by the football players), there is the fact that they don't sell beer at RES and won't let you bring any in. So if something like that happened, we would have heard about it at the time it happened, and there would be plenty of witnesses.

And if it happened in the stands, why wasn't Hall's family sitting in the BYU section? Why didn't they get security after it happened? Beer is not allowed in the stadium, so this would have been a big deal (and we would have seen the commotion with security in the crowd).

Occam's Razor- Max Hall made it up.

You should listen to the radio segment on kfan's website.
https://1320kfan.com/index.php/audio/listen/djpk_chris_ello_from_xtra_1350_in_san_diego

It's not as bad as the quote in original post.

So the only conspiracy here is the BYU homers' claim that he really didn't do anything wrong and the MWC just suspended him because they hate BYU/no reason/whatever.

How about a Ute homer's claim that he really didn't do anything wrong except sitting in the replay booth when some bonehead replay official lacked the balls to overturn a call on the field?

How about a Ute homer's claim that he really didn't do anything wrong except sitting in the replay booth when some bonehead replay official lacked the balls to overturn a call on the field?

Well that would be a conspiracy. The fact here is the MWC investigation determined that he did do something wrong.

Shaky Smithson also thinks Ello is fullo of ****.

https://www.cougarboard.com/nologin/message.html?id=6071501

I agree that the racist stuff is probably bull. But how do we know Shaky really left that comment? It could be anyone creating an account, or even a photoshop.

Remember when the Ute fan sent that tweet that said BYU had been invited to the Big 12? Things like that do happen...

Come to think of it- Shaky has only played BYU once, right? So saying he played them multiple times is wrong. Interesting...

Now there's a conspiracy for you guys, lol.

Seriously though, I think that racist stuff was a bunch of bull. If it were true, Oneal Chambers would have hurt somebody, lol.

What this guy said was unwarranted. There are blacks walking all over the place in Provo. And we love gays and lesbians -- we just don't want them to fall in love. Or do anything that shows they might be gay. But we LOVE them.

It's totally easy to find coffee there, I mean, there is a starbucks on a road somewhere. And then some gas stations have high quality beans. Anyway, this doesn't matter, the guy shouldn't be drinking coffee anyway, it's bad for him. If he wants to be gay while holding a frappucino, he should move to Sodom and Gomorrah.

-Craig

Let me know when this "character" becomes funny.

First of all, I'm sure the BYU employee didn't have an effect on the game, but shame on BYU for even putting the poor guy in that position. If it's not wrong, it at least looks wrong and opens yourself up to unwanted scrutiny.

As far as the idiot from San Diego's comments: He's a d-bag. However, I thought it was great to see Shaky Smithson of all people come to the defense of BYU. When Max Hall went on a similar, lie-filled rant I didn't see one person from BYU come forward and talk about how his comments weren't cool. (Possibly I missed it if somebody from BYU did. If so, my bad).

Good to see a Ute leading the way in class. Nice job Shaky!

Utah has already confirmed that they don't use employees in the replay booth. If you are on the school's payroll, you are not an unbiased observer.

The Pac 10 flies in the head replay official, and the replay communicator.

While these people don't have the final word on the call, they do discuss their opinion with the official. And they do influence the head official's call. If they were not relevant or important, they wouldn't be there in the first place.

Utahs guy is not be an employee. A graduate, avid fan, lifelong ticket holder, sports booster YES, but definatley not an employee.