What's new

Corbin may be good assistant, but must be not good coach

The root of the issue is that you have AK with his 17 million dollar contract when he really is about an 8-9 million dollar player and then you have Memo at 10ish million with 0 production in return, that's about 18 million down the drain. You can't blame KOC for Memo's injury and you can't blame him for giving AK that massive contract because that was Larry's choice. Why sign Bell? Because schiitt happens and you can't sign a talented sg with pennies and dimes. Include the Jerry drama and the Deron drama and you have yourself the makings of a perfect storm. After all this bologna occurs then you ask Corbin to make you a winner(in the middle of a season)? Not saying KOC is perfect or that Corbin is the answer, but I prefer to give things more time and let things calm down before I'm going to wig out.

crying.gif

Too bad I can't post poop because this thread is ****.

Yep, while I've bitched at my TV about Corbin, mostly about sub patterns (much like I did with Sloan) he needs more time and at least next season to show/prove what he can do. As well as I think KOC may possibly need to take away "Jerry's kids" aka Bell, Harp etc.. to keep Corbin from the same problems Jerry had of playing with his old toys.

The season really unraveled on the road trip that began Jan. 17th in Washington. Jazz were 27-13 at that point, lost six straight and never recovered. Blame it on Deron's wrist, his pissy attitude and bickering with Jerry, or maybe the law of averages simply caught up with the team as they could no longer cover those horrendous first quarters with late 3rd and 4th quarter heroics.

Jazz were 4-13 WITH Deron from Jan 17th to the all-star break. They are 5-9 since. Coaching? I don't think so. The team led by Deron clearly stopped listening to Jerry and Phil when adversity hit.

Maybe all those slow starts were due to coaching? Maybe that IS why adversity hit? How many games did the team go with horrible starts and NO changes? What's up with that? Sure, Deron's wrist was part of it, but what about changing the starting lineup? Corbin finally did and it has helped.

The future has gotten brighter over the past couple of months, but the present is going to suck for a while.

The Jazz are rebuilding. Look at the pieces they have to build around. The albatrosses ore on the way out and the young core is solid.

Bad this year, better next year, and a contender the next. That is faster than the typical rebuild...

The Jazz future is bright.

The future has gotten brighter over the past couple of months, but the present is going to suck for a while.

The Jazz are rebuilding. Look at the pieces they have to build around. The albatrosses ore on the way out and the young core is solid.

Bad this year, better next year, and a contender the next. That is faster than the typical rebuild...

The Jazz future is bright.

Good post, totally agree. Present will hurt, future is very bright.
NOT with a limited ceiling like we have known for a few years.
Pretty much what all the haters have been wanting for years. WELL, its here. While I was one not wanting the change, it did have to happen. Now I am excited to see what we can build here. Awesome core.

I think the real problem was not matching Wes. I know we got three parts for less money but they could have kept Gaines, Jeffers and signed a DLeague stiff.