What's new

Coronavirus

Ant-science in America, 2021.....

I guess I don't get it. Are they protesting the end of the coronavirus? Are they showing their disdain for covid? Are they showing they believe it was all a hoax? Weird. That one guy sure did want to make sure everyone saw his said "biden sucks", I guess because vaccinations have increased like crazy since biden took office and that guy didn't want anyone to get vaccinated maybe? When I first saw that I thought he would be like 14, turns out he was like 60.

But a bunch of my wife's family is from Idaho and that pretty much fits the bill.

I guess I don't get it. Are they protesting the end of the coronavirus? Are they showing their disdain for covid? Are they showing they believe it was all a hoax? Weird. That one guy sure did want to make sure everyone saw his said "biden sucks", I guess because vaccinations have increased like crazy since biden took office and that guy didn't want anyone to get vaccinated maybe? When I first saw that I thought he would be like 14, turns out he was like 60.

But a bunch of my wife's family is from Idaho and that pretty much fits the bill.
I thought I saw a dude with a flag that said **** Biden as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

My wife and daughter got their first shot of the Pfizer vaccine. They happened to be in the pharmacy to ask about it and they had a couple people not show up for their appointment. I know sometimes things get in the way, but as hard as this has been, and how the vaccine has to be treated to be usable, to not show up for your appointment and potentially waste those doses is damn near criminal.

My wife and daughter got their first shot of the Pfizer vaccine. They happened to be in the pharmacy to ask about it and they had a couple people not show up for their appointment. I know sometimes things get in the way, but as hard as this has been, and how the vaccine has to be treated to be usable, to not show up for your appointment and potentially waste those doses is damn near criminal.
Agreed. Almost feel like they should charge a deposit that you get back once you get both doses.

I have been bugging my wife to make an appointment. She was like "Yeah, I'll do it, maybe on my day off..." Well she never did it, so I was able to use my account on the vaccinate Utah website to "add a family member" and got her an appointment for tomorrow. There were so many slots open. When people say they can't find appointments I don't know what they're talking about. I could have picked any day of the week and almost any time.

My 19yo daughter doesn't have an ID, never has. I printed out and mostly filled out all the paperwork for an official name change so that she can get an ID with her chosen name on it and just had her sign it. Then I'll drag her *** to the DMV to get an ID so that she can get a vaccine as soon as possible after they open it up for everyone over 16.

It isn't difficult now to get appointments now that there are more options. But it took several weeks to get an appointment for my 83 year old mother when there was only one option in the county whose website kept crashing. She is having her second shot today.

I feel your pain. I am also the social secretary in my household.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

What is everyone's thoughts on Utah lifting the mask mandate in mid April? Or the other states lifting everything already?

I am glad a few states are going to test the waters of lifting all the restrictions. Someone has to do it at some point. Can't go on like this forever.

As far as Utah I am for it, my wife is against it, her reasoning is what about the seniors and such that haven't gotten the vaccine yet. Why put them at risk? My argument to that was if they don't want to get Covid they should get the vaccine. They have 30 days. If they don't get it thats on them.

What is everyone's thoughts on Utah lifting the mask mandate in mid April? Or the other states lifting everything already?

I am glad a few states are going to test the waters of lifting all the restrictions. Someone has to do it at some point. Can't go on like this forever.

As far as Utah I am for it, my wife is against it, her reasoning is what about the seniors and such that haven't gotten the vaccine yet. Why put them at risk? My argument to that was if they don't want to get Covid they should get the vaccine. They have 30 days. If they don't get it thats on them.
I don't like that it's being done against CDC guidance and mostly for political (you can't tell me what to do) reasons.

I think it should have been delayed until all people had a reasonable opportunity to get both shots.

But this talk of even once you've been vaccinated you shouldn't gather in large groups and stuff like that... Uhm, WTF is the vaccine for if we still have to pretend like everyone else is radioactive?

I think mask mandates should be done based on scientific benchmarks vs. placing a date on a calendar as a tollgate. The legislature just wanted to lift the mandate with no evidence which is alarming. We're definitely doing much better, but case counts/deaths/hospitalizations have stagnated a bit which doesn't mean things will get worse, just that they won't recover as fast as I'd like to support a lifting.

If you lift the mandate aligned with when a % of the population is vaccinated (say 50%), then fine, you can state that you've achieved some form of herd immunity. To just toss a date out there to satisfy loud constituents is embarrassing quite frankly.

I've been wearing masks for a year so going a couple more months isn't a big deal to me if it means we save a few more lives.

I don't like that it's being done against CDC guidance and mostly for political (you can't tell me what to do) reasons.

I think it should have been delayed until all people had a reasonable opportunity to get both shots.

But this talk of even once you've been vaccinated you shouldn't gather in large groups and stuff like that... Uhm, WTF is the vaccine for if we still have to pretend like everyone else is radioactive?
I don't think there is a limit on the size, but they do have special recommendations for large gatherings.

I don't think there is a limit on the size, but they do have special recommendations for large gatherings.

I'm talking about after I and the other people are fully vaccinated. I've heard recommendations that you still should avoid travel and large gatherings. My response is: Why the **** did I get vaccinated if it changes nothing about what I'm supposed to be doing? My answer is that once I'm fully vaccinated I will continue to wear masks where requested to do so and I will respect other people's space, but I'll happily accept the invitation to a poker game or night out at the bowling alley and I'll eat in at restaurants instead of taking food to go when that suits me.

I think mask mandates should be done based on scientific benchmarks vs. placing a date on a calendar as a tollgate. The legislature just wanted to lift the mandate with no evidence which is alarming. We're definitely doing much better, but case counts/deaths/hospitalizations have stagnated a bit which doesn't mean things will get worse, just that they won't recover as fast as I'd like to support a lifting.

If you lift the mandate aligned with when a % of the population is vaccinated (say 50%), then fine, you can state that you've achieved some form of herd immunity. To just toss a date out there to satisfy loud constituents is embarrassing quite frankly.

I've been wearing masks for a year so going a couple more months isn't a big deal to me if it means we save a few more lives.

Sure, Utah is at about 30k a day and the mask mandate of April 10th would put of around 1.2 million, I would assume 90% of those being the elderly and at risk. At a 3.2 million population thats around 40% or so that will have been vaccinated or already gotten the virus. With a vast vast majority of those not vaccinated not being at risk at all. I would assume utahs population of ultra at risk is far less than 1.2 million so I'd say its a fairly safe point to start rolling things back very quickly.

Plus summer months, people being outside, yada yada yada. Seems very reasonable to me.

That being said I'll be watching Texas and Mississippi very close.

Thats fair, although it seems like the CDC stuff has been fairly politically motivated as well. I can see why no one trusts anything coming from anywhere in regards to Covid. What a cluster **** this has been for everyone.

I'm talking about after I and the other people are fully vaccinated. I've heard recommendations that you still should avoid travel and large gatherings. My response is: Why the **** did I get vaccinated if it changes nothing about what I'm supposed to be doing? My answer is that once I'm fully vaccinated I will continue to wear masks where requested to do so and I will respect other people's space, but I'll happily accept the invitation to a poker game or night out at the bowling alley and I'll eat in at restaurants instead of taking food to go when that suits me.
Neither of those is what is meant by "large gathering".

As long as you are with other vaccinated people, no masks should be fine.

However, the virus is mutating, as viruses do, and vaccination may not protect you as well from a new strain.

Large gatherings would be places where you do not know all the people there and do not know if they have been vaccinated. Such as a Jazz game. You would still need to wear a mask for those. I think it will be a mistake to remove the mask mandate by April 1, but I'm guessing most businesses will still require masks. None of them want the reputation of a superspreader event.

If you have a family gathering or friends gathering and everyone has been vaccinated (including two weeks after the last shot), have maskless fun!

I didn't give examples of large gatherings but I will gladly participate in large gatherings with strangers once I'm full vaccinated

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app