What's new

Coronavirus

Is there any concise data that shows what % less you are likely to firstly contract Covid and then to transmit it if vaccinated compared to not vaccinated ?

You mean HIPAA?

Stop listening to right wing propaganda. Vaccine mandates don’t violate HIPAA. MTG keeps telling this lie and people keep believing in her. It might violate state law however. But it depends on the state.

I can assure you, my relative that works in healthcare is not “right wing propaganda”. He’s a registered Democrat. He may have wrong information, but that doesn’t make him a right winger anything. But please, keep making dumbass assumptions. That will most certainly help bridge the gap and bring the country together.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I can assure you, my relative that works in healthcare is not “right wing propaganda”. He’s a registered Democrat. He may have wrong information, but that doesn’t make him a right winger anything. But please, keep making dumbass assumptions. That will most certainly help bridge the gap and bring the country together.

Nice way of trying to save face.

But sure, blame this relative for having wrong information or something. Darn those relatives!

Last edited:

But sure, blame this relative for having wrong information or something. Darn those relatives!

Way to address you’re jumping to dumbass assumptions!
I’m not saving face. I’m telling you my “right wing propaganda” isn’t what you assumed. But keep being you. It’s entertaining as hell!

You are way off base here. I've seen co-workers fired for HIPAA violations. That someone might have strecthed his understanding a bit is an act of self-presevation, not propaganda.

Survival of the fittest?

I mean, isn’t that what many said last year when the lockdowns and other measures were in place? Freedom and what not?

If you live, you live, if you don’t, well, at least we live, am I right?
This 100%

If people decide not to get the vaccine and end up dead, it is what it is.

But...If people who get the Non-FDA approved vaccines, end up with side effects 10 years down the line, you don't get **** either, it is what it is. The vaccine companies made sure of that at the get-go.

You are way off base here. I've seen co-workers fired for HIPAA violations. That someone might have strecthed his understanding a bit is an act of self-presevation, not propaganda.
I guess, if you take his statement literally. But we all know where Bronco stands politically. It’s hard not to see that guide his opinion on vaccines and vaccine mandates over genuine confusion over HIPAA. Especially since this information is fairly easy to look up.

As an administrator in education, I have some understanding of HIPAA and other policies which protect privacy. While I don’t blame anyone for genuinely getting confused in the myriad of privacy policies, this one about vaccines violating HIPAA is pretty inexcusable. Like this stupid conspiracy began months ago by right wing figures like MTG and has also been debunked months ago as well.

People really need to seek better sources of information and check and then recheck the information. Not just accept it blindly because a relative told them or because it confirms their conservative political bias, as I believe is what happened here.

Last edited:
I mean what if in 5 years the virus mutates into something extremely deadly and it's killing like 50% of those who contract it. And we could have stopped that from happening right now by simply getting vacinnated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

sadly i don't think everyone getting vaccinated is just going to stop it in it's tracks. There's already numbers coming out of Israel that a good portion of those getting sick and hospitalized and dying are fully vaccinated.

Reactions: Red
sadly i don't think everyone getting vaccinated is just going to stop it in it's tracks. There's already numbers coming out of Israel that a good portion of those getting sick and hospitalized and dying are fully vaccinated.
Vaccines are the best chance we have to prevent further variants though.
Worth a try.

Vaccines are the best chance we have to prevent further variants though.
Worth a try.

Nah. We should ignore the virus as long as possible. Maybe even claim it’ll be over by Easter. Then, if it doesn’t go away, we can just inject Lysol and stick flashlights up our asses. That will be far better than vaccination.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
Still, % of getting sick and hospitalized are minuscule when comparing to a new surge in USA where 97% of the new cases are un vaccinated.

Still, % of getting sick and hospitalized are minuscule when comparing to a new surge in USA where 97% of the new cases are un vaccinated.
I don’t know, because I see things like this:

The cases overall include 342 Massachusetts residents, 153 of whom live in Provincetown, the announcement said. Of the Massachusetts residents affected, 69% reported they are fully vaccinated, and while two of three related hospitalizations are in-state, symptoms in the other cases "are known to be mild and without complication," according to details from the Provincetown Select Board and Board of Health, and the county Department of Health and Environment.

Last edited:
I don’t know, because I see things like this:

The cases overall include 342 Massachusetts residents, 153 of whom live in Provincetown, the announcement said. Of the Massachusetts residents affected, 69% reported they are fully vaccinated, and while two of three related hospitalizations are in-state, symptoms in the other cases "are known to be mild and without complication," according to details from the Provincetown Select Board and Board of Health, and the county Department of Health and Environment.
I read this...https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/1017002907/u-s-covid-deaths-are-rising-again-experts-call-it-a-pandemic-of-the-unvaccinated

99% of the new deaths are in unvaccinated. Even if vaccine does not fully protect against new variant it is still highly efficacious against making your fatally ill.

If people decide not to get the vaccine and end up dead, it is what it is.
If someone decides not to get the vaccine and infects one of my kids, do I get to sue them in the same way as if they were careless in carrying around harmful chemicals?

But...If people who get the Non-FDA approved vaccines, end up with side effects 10 years down the line, you don't get **** either,
This is a lie. You may not know it, but it is a lie nonetheless.

You may not think up to $50K a year is insufficient, but it is certainly more than dung.

Why is Israel so different from other countries in this regard?

Lots of HIPAA violations here…

and you’d think that if anyone understood HIPAA, it would be these groups:
As the number of Covid-19 cases surges in the United States, more than 50 health care groups -- including the American Medical Association, the American College of Physicians, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Public Health Association -- issued a joint statement calling for all health care and long-term care employers to mandate employees be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Good article explaining the complexities on vaccine mandates:
It’s obviously complicated by what laws a state already has on the books. But I think we should try it. Vaccination to herd immunity is the only way we’re going to end this pandemic.

I really don’t want the same morons who have prevented us from tackling mass shootings and climate change to torpedo our effort in ending this pandemic. On this issue, we must win. Republicans can go back to cutting taxes, turning our country into a Russian like kleptocracy, and destroying the environment after this pandemic ends.

I read this...https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/1017002907/u-s-covid-deaths-are-rising-again-experts-call-it-a-pandemic-of-the-unvaccinated

99% of the new deaths are in unvaccinated. Even if vaccine does not fully protect against new variant it is still highly efficacious against making your fatally ill.
Yes, and my concern is we do not know how many breakthrough cases exist, because we only find them out once they are hospitalized. We are not doing enough testing to really know what the numbers are. My concern is with so-called Long Haul Covid, and it’s debilitating, and long lasting symptoms. I’m fully vaccinated. If I contract asymptomatic Covid, or a very mild case, is Long Haul still a possibility? I’ve heard enough, in very recent days and weeks, to return to masks when indoors. No problem hanging with vaccinated family and friends, but will also avoid very crowded venues outdoors for the foreseeable future…..

I found this informative, broadcast Sunday morning, and a little encouraging. I notice he advocated using N95 masks when possible. I thought it would be a good idea to have a supply of these last year, anticipating this past Winter might be bad. At the time, took 3 months before my order of 20 N95 masks arrived, but they are readily available now. They need to be fitted to one’s face to be best effective. But, anyway, this seemed informative, but I’m not a doctor, I’m in the dark, but trying to keep up….

Yes, and my concern is we do not know how many breakthrough cases exist, because we only find them out once they are hospitalized. We are not doing enough testing to really know what the numbers are. My concern is with so-called Long Haul Covid, and it’s debilitating, and long lasting symptoms. I’m fully vaccinated. If I contract asymptomatic Covid, or a very mild case, is Long Haul still a possibility? I’ve heard enough, in very recent days and weeks, to return to masks when indoors. No problem hanging with vaccinated family and friends, but will also avoid very crowded venues outdoors for the foreseeable future…..
I had covid last November. My smell and taste haven’t returned to normal and we’re already almost to August.

Why is Israel so different from other countries in this regard?
I posted this in one of the other threads. Began seeing suggestions within Israeli press pointing to this awhile ago, not months, weeks ago I guess, and began to wonder why such a difference. Then, I see things like the news out of Provincetown regarding 69% of Delta Covid infections reported are among the vaccinated. Anyway….