What's new

Coronavirus

This is awful

LA County is in total disrepair right now.

The tail of this virus is going to be much longer than we’d like as outside of wearing masks in public places, most people have resumed normal activities. That’s going to make the slow burn longer.

People are saying masks don't work. I can believe it because a lot of people are wearing bull **** masks that aren't even masks, like a ****ing bandana or scarf. They are wearing them like ****ing idiots who don't know how to tie their own shoes. They are taking them down so that they can talk to the people close to them, or on their phone, or whenever their chances of spreading germs is the highest.

Seriously, it's like sitting on your seatbelt or wearing it under your arms and acting like you're wearing a seatbelt. Or unbuckling so that you can drive through an intersection. Or using braided toilet paper instead of an actual seatbelt. Yeah, seatbelts would have a low success rate if we used them the way we are using our masks.

Last edited:
People are saying masks don't work. I can believe it because a lot of people are wearing bull **** masks that aren't even masks, like a ****ing bandana or scarf. They are wearing them like ****ing idiots who don't know how to tie their own shoes. They are taking them down so that they can talk to the people close to them, or on their phone, or whenever their chances of spreading germs is the highest.

Seriously, it's like sitting on your seatbelt or wearing it under your arms and acting like you're wearing a seatbelt. Or unbuckling so that you can drive through an intersection. Or using braided toilet paper instead of an actual seatbelt. Yeah, seatbelts would have a low success rate if we used them the way were are using our masks.
The extent people will use "I'm still eating" on an airplane is truly bewildering

I feel like attempts to prioritize who gets the shots right now is causing a lot of inefficiency in the system. If they don't have a decent way to distribute shots targeted at the highest priority individuals they should just start giving shots to the first people they can give them to and keep doing that until everyone who wants a vaccine gets one.

This will be my last message on this site. I've been traveling and didn't have time to read or respond to the multiple messages over the last few days. I'm not sure there is much point in doing so anymore or in participating on this increasingly toxic site. The characterizations some have made about me are miles off the mark. I believe that the characterizations of many of the events under discussion are also wildly incorrect. Unfortunately it is also very clear that people are committed to their own narratives. I worry where these dramatic divides will eventually take our great nation. I sincerely wish all of you the best and I hope amicable solutions to our political divide eventually become available to us.

This will be my last message on this site. I've been traveling and didn't have time to read or respond to the multiple messages over the last few days. I'm not sure there is much point in doing so anymore or in participating on this increasingly toxic site. The characterizations some have made about me are miles off the mark. I believe that the characterizations of many of the events under discussion are also wildly incorrect. Unfortunately it is also very clear that people are committed to their own narratives. I worry where these dramatic divides will eventually take our great nation. I sincerely wish all of you the best and I hope amicable solutions to our political divide eventually become available to us.

Since 2016 you've been a Trump supporter here. That's not a narrative. Whatever reason you have for supporting him you have contributed to undermining democracy and decency. I sincerely hope you can see the error of your ways at some point.

You chose a very good time to bounce.
Was gonna be hard for you defend this **** though I'm sure you would try.
Probably say it was antifa dressed up like Trumpers or something.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

OK, well... bye.

I'm not sure if watching an insurrection and attempted coupe in the nation's Capitol unfold live and wanting to know the mindset of the regular Republicans and Trump supporters is a "narrative", but ok.

Sorry to hear that Joe. You provided a more level-headed response from the Republican perspective than babe or jazzyfresh or any of the other trolls, without being trollery. But I understand too that if you are a die-hard Trump supporter there just is no way to justify this in any way that sounds sane, or any of the other things that have happened recently like Trump's call to the governor of GA.

I wish you well, but I do hope you come back, we need more level-headed people from the republican perspective, because it is beginning to feel more and more that all the republicans have to offer is crazy on top of crazy.

Good luck and take care bro.

I'm pretty sure you have me on ignore, and so won't see this.

Our interactions didn't have to be toxic for you. We could have engaged in research together, suggesting resources to each other, etc. As acrimonious as (for example) Archie Moses and I get, at the end of the day we each recognize the other is making a genuine effort to find the truth. You and I could have had that type of relationship as well, but I never thought you were interested in it.

So, I wish you good fortune. I have no doubt you will find yourself a comfortable site where your views are rarely challenged. Enjoy it.

We’re approaching 4,000 deaths per day and 400,000 deaths total. I’m old enough to remember posters on here blasting experts who predicted this. It’s almost like right wing media and Facebook aren’t reliable sources of information.