What's new

Could we be in the title race this year?

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
If everything is clicking do we have a chance? Jingles, Bogey and Niang draining three's. Rudy crushing souls. Donovan dominating. JFC exploding vs. 2nd units. Conley finding a way to mesh and play at a high level.

It seems unlikely we could take on Lebron, AD and the Lakers in prime form or Kahwi, PG and the Clippers cast in prime form on the biggest stage, but could we?

We need another legit rotation big (who is either a 5 , or preferably a 4/5 combo), and we need that player to fit really well and quickly. Then, maybe.

Gimme Baynes and Dunn and I’ll ride or die.

also, the 2nd seed would really help. (I also think the Lakers will have a little slide and the door to the 1 seed will be open(ish)).

Last edited:
One more weapon, hopefully something can be done with Davis and some other minor pieces to make it happen

If everything is clicking do we have a chance? Jingles, Bogey and Niang draining three's. Rudy crushing souls. Donovan dominating. JFC exploding vs. 2nd units. Conley finding a way to mesh and play at a high level.

It seems unlikely we could take on Lebron, AD and the Lakers in prime form or Kahwi, PG and the Clippers cast in prime form on the biggest stage, but could we?

Doubt it. I’d give us about a 1.5% chance.

A ton depends on our health and how well Conley comes back and plays/integrates. And then there are a million other smaller factors as well.

If we can win tomorrow, we then have the next two thereafter at home with the game after that being at a very beatable Wizards team. I really want to win the next four going into that Nets game.

Hoping to go 8-2 the next 10. That would put us at 56.4 win pace. Tbh, 10-0 is possible if we’re playing like we have been. 9-1 and we are sitting at 58.3 win pace going into that Rox game at home.

10-0 and we are at 60.1 pace.

It comes to how we match up against the Lakers, Clippers and Rockets. We definitely need an upgrade at a back up center or someone who can play 4 and 5 to be able to compete against LA teams. I wonder how we will do against Houston. Westbrook has potential to screw it for them. One thing I hope we do is to try to figure out the way to deal with Harden during the regular season games and not invent something completely new in playoffs like last year. It killed our confidence and by the time we figured it out the series was practically over.

It comes to how we match up against the Lakers, Clippers and Rockets. We definitely need an upgrade at a back up center or someone who can play 4 and 5 to be able to compete against LA teams. I wonder how we will do against Houston. Westbrook has potential to screw it for them. One thing I hope we do is to try to figure out the way to deal with Harden during the regular season games and not invent something completely new in playoffs like last year. It killed our confidence and by the time we figured it out the series was practically over.
Kris Dunn would help with Houston and LAC.

Could we be? We are!

IDK, I still have a hard time picking against the Clips if Kawhi and PG are healthy. Thats a tough, deep team. Don't 100% believe in the Lakers with such a poor supporting cast. But I'd put Utah above Denver, Dallas and on par with Harden.

In my opinion we are. I think we are one of, if not the deepest team in the league. Even with Bojan not playing well for the past couple weeks, we always seem to have someone who steps up. I think a lot of people are underrating us. We could beat any team in this league in a 7 game series.

Can’t worry about playoff matchups at this point. The biggest thing is seeding and home court. So just win. Other teams in the West want to load manage into the playoffs. We need to take advantage.

I think at this point it’s going to require an injury in Lakerland of either Davis or LeBron to have a shot at that top seed in the West. We also are going to have to show something against Houston. The other West teams don’t really worry me too much. That load management crap is already breaking down the Clips chemistry.