What's new

Could we be in the title race this year?

IDK, I still have a hard time picking against the Clips if Kawhi and PG are healthy. Thats a tough, deep team. Don't 100% believe in the Lakers with such a poor supporting cast. But I'd put Utah above Denver, Dallas and on par with Harden.
The importance of “supporting cast” fades in the playoffs, it doesn’t increase.

Could.

The Jazz NEED a big, and/or Conley needs to come back and prove he can both be productive AND mesh. I say “or” because trading Conley could net you a starting caliber, past-prime star to fill that big need rather than scouring for a strict-backup. I’m not necessarily promoting that, but for some reason I am having dreams of Kevin Love. The offense and rebounding would be absurd (perhaps what you lose on defense could be made up for in improved defensive rebounding).

Anyway, yeah. Could, with more roster/rotation changes.

Yes. No question about it. We still have flaws but so do the other contenders. It's gonna come down to the matchups. Who plays who in the playoffs.

The nba title is wide open this year and the Jazz should really capitalize on it. Next year, the Warriors will be back to full strength. Conley really needs to get it together with the injuries and gameplay. Jazz really need him to step up bigtime. We're still a 2nd round team at best, but if Conley, Clarkson and another addition all click together with rest of the team, we gold.

The nba title is wide open this year and the Jazz should really capitalize on it. Next year, the Warriors will be back to full strength. Conley really needs to get it together with the injuries and gameplay. Jazz really need him to step up bigtime. We're still a 2nd round team at best, but if Conley, Clarkson and another addition all click together with rest of the team, we gold.

Warriors won’t have Durant, Iggy, Livingston and probably another guy or two who were important in their runs.

Warriors won’t have Durant, Iggy, Livingston and probably another guy or two who were important in their runs.
They never needed Durant. They could have Iggy. They also have DRuss, Paschall, and a good 1st-rounder this year (all things they could trade).

The Warriors aren’t done. At all. They’re more dangerous moving forward from the calamity of this year.

They never needed Durant. They could have Iggy. They also have DRuss, Paschall, and a good 1st-rounder this year (all things they could trade).

The Warriors aren’t done. At all. They’re more dangerous moving forward from the calamity of this year.

I forgot about Russell but I’m not sure how he fits once they’re all back to health. I also wonder how much Curry, Klay and Draymond have left in the tank.

I’m sure they’ll win more than 50 games but I’m hesitant to think they’ll be THAT good.

I forgot about Russell but I’m not sure how he fits once they’re all back to health. I also wonder how much Curry, Klay and Draymond have left in the tank.

I’m sure they’ll win more than 50 games but I’m hesitant to think they’ll be THAT good.

The Warriors are keeping tabs on the KAT situation in Minnesota too, if the GS trade their lottery pick along with other players they'll be back to top contenders by next year.

As long as we don’t have to match up against the lakers, yes we are contenders. We just don’t have anyone that can matchup with LBJ, and I’m not sure Gobert will always be on Davis. We’ve proven we can beat the clips with both stars, we haven’t played the rox yet but who knows.

The importance of “supporting cast” fades in the playoffs, it doesn’t increase.

yeah, and the lakers have come down to earth a bit now that their schedule toughened up. Outside of the big 2 they are not a good team.

yeah, and the lakers have come down to earth a bit now that their schedule toughened up. Outside of the big 2 they are not a good team.
And yet, they have completely embarrassed the Jazz and are still the first seed, comfortably.

I'm not sure that "adding pieces" during the regular season works as well as some people hope. I think a contending team can add one piece and clearly improve. Adding more than that means risking having too many players on the floor that have not mastered yet the offensive and defensive system. By the way, that piece has been already added: it is Clarkson. A long and athletic 4, who could catch and shoot and spread the floor would be nice, of course, but those can't be acquired easily anyway... I just hope that Conley accepts a lesser role when he comes back.

On the main subject, regarding the Jazz's title chances, I think the Lakers are the only team half a step above everyone else in the West. If they are healthy come playoff time, they are the favorites. But that is a big "if"! With a Davis in pain, either unable to shoot well or less mobile, the Lakers drop to anyone else's level. The same, I think, it is true regarding Lebron: if he is too tired come playoff time, they also drop. Thus, the West is basically open, comrades!

I'm concerned that some of our 'dad-bod' wings will struggle in the playoffs due to their lack of athleticism. If you remember the Houston series last year, Joe Ingles and Kyle Korver were pretty much neutralized by the Rockets' switching defense. You need guys who are athletic and strong enough to put the ball down and create a bucket one on one in playoff situations. Right now, we have Donovan and Jordan Clarkson, but it would be helpful if we had an athletic wing who could do this as well. Rayjon Tucker is also a possibility and our other G-leaguers Brantley and Morgan could come into play if we can get them some reps.

We’re 7th in defensive efficiency and 18th in offensive.

No bueno.

Last year we were 2nd and 16th.

IMO, we are a top 4 team in the west, which makes us a contender. Our biggest weakness is nobody to match up with big PFs, which is only an issue if we face the Lakers or Giannis.

I'm concerned that some of our 'dad-bod' wings will struggle in the playoffs due to their lack of athleticism. If you remember the Houston series last year, Joe Ingles and Kyle Korver were pretty much neutralized by the Rockets' switching defense. You need guys who are athletic and strong enough to put the ball down and create a bucket one on one in playoff situations. Right now, we have Donovan and Jordan Clarkson, but it would be helpful if we had an athletic wing who could do this as well. Rayjon Tucker is also a possibility and our other G-leaguers Brantley and Morgan could come into play if we can get them some reps.

I would put mudiay in with the players that can put the ball down and create a bucket one on one too. Though your overall point still stands. We need a couple more of those type guys

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app