What's new

D.HOWARD earns respect.

jazzfan1132

That's oldschool. Respect.

The Golden State Warriors were a team Howard considered after the trade to Brooklyn but said he changed his mind when Wall called to ask, “You want to come to D.C.?” “I was like, ‘Nah, this is the spot right here,’” Howard said. “On the court, Golden State would’ve looked great. We could’ve won. But the impact of winning in Golden State and D.C. is totally different. I think winning in D.C. would be a lot bigger and it would mean a lot for this city. And to accomplish it with a team that has not done it since 1978? That would be amazing. So if we won, I’d be done graduated, man. … I’d be done graduated.”

He made a mistake leaving Orlando. He admitted it and now coming into more sense. People change. Make mistakes. And change again. And basketball players are human. Dwight is a good case of this.

Won't be too long and an NBA championship ring in a ring-mill will be the equivalent of a participation trophy.

There's nothing respectful about a role player going to a worse team. Who cares?
Clearly not you. I may be more old school, but I appreciate the work and building it takes to win over the easy win.
I don't respect going to GS because you are 95% sure you will win as much as giving it a shot somewhere else.
I think how you win is just as important as winning, maybe more.
/my opinion

Clearly not you. I may be more old school, but I appreciate the work and building it takes to win over the easy win.
I don't respect going to GS because you are 95% sure you will win as much as giving it a shot somewhere else.
I think how you win is just as important as winning, maybe more.
/my opinion
Dwight Howard is going to be with this team for 2 years max then move on to some different team. He isnt building anything.

Howard is not winning anything with the Wizards. GSW can win him a ring as irrelevant as Mcgee's. Don't see why anyone would care.

Howard is not winning anything with the Wizards. GSW can win him a ring as irrelevant as Mcgee's. Don't see why anyone would care.
I mean, I guess?

By that mentality, winning rings is only relevant to the best players on the team. Role players are role players wherever they go.

I think there is a huge bonus to your value if you go to a GSW and just not mess anything up. McGee might not even be in the league this year if he doesnt go to the Warriors and win these last two rings.

If Howard had the same offer to go the the Warriors that he got from the Wizards, then I think it's pretty foolish he chose the Wizards.

I mean, I guess?

By that mentality, winning rings is only relevant to the best players on the team. Role players are role players wherever they go. I think there is a huge bonus to your value if you go to a GSW and just not mess anything up. McGee might not even be in the league this year if he doesnt go to the Warriors and win these last two rings.

If Howard had the same offer to go the the Warriors that he got from the Wizards, then I think it's pretty foolish he chose the Wizards.

I suppose. I honestly don't even remember all the role players who have come and gone and won a ring with the warriors. People barely respect Durant's rings.

I suppose. I honestly don't even remember all the role players who have come and gone and won a ring with the warriors. People barely respect Durant's rings.
Maybe, but I think people will respect Durant 20 years from now more than they do currently. I also think he would be less respected if he just stayed in OKC and never won a ring.

Wasn’t there a report that the players internally discussed Dwight and decided no?

I think its cool that Howard followed Rudy's lead talking about meaningful wins. True to form Howard follows and still misses the mark just a little.

He made a mistake leaving Orlando. He admitted it and now coming into more sense. People change. Make mistakes. And change again. And basketball players are human. Dwight is a good case of this.

Dwight is a good case of an extremely gifted athlete who is carefree and go lucky. He doesn't want to win, he wants to have a good time. That's why his teammates can't stand him.

There was a tweet earlier this summer that Dwight was in a cafe across the street from Barclay arena sitting by himself watching Spongebob on full audio and laughing out loud hysterically. He's oblivious to anyone else.

Why is this in the Jazz forum anyway?