What's new

D.HOWARD earns respect.

Dwight is a good case of an extremely gifted athlete who is carefree and go lucky. He doesn't want to win, he wants to have a good time. That's why his teammates can't stand him.

There was a tweet earlier this summer that Dwight was in a cafe across the street from Barclay arena sitting by himself watching Spongebob on full audio and laughing out loud hysterically. He's oblivious to anyone else.
What’s wrong with laughing at a cartoon? Did you want to imply that he is mentally ill?

Nothing wrong with laughing at a cartoon. It's that he was sitting by himself in a cafe with his phone on max volume laughing loudly like there was no one else in the room.

But it turns out the tweet was supposed to be a joke and never actually happened (I just learned this when I looked it up.)

mobile.twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1009431871183351808?lang=en

The way Brit Johnson describes him (and others on 1280) is that he his very immature and easy going. From what I've seen of him, he seems like a friendly guy, but not a guy that take things seriously.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with laughing at a cartoon. It's that he was sitting by himself in a cafe with his phone on max volume laughing loudly like there was no one else in the room.

But it turns out the tweet was supposed to be a joke and never actually happened (I just learned this when I looked it up.)

mobile.twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1009431871183351808?lang=en

The way Brit Johnson describes him (and others on 1280) is that he his very immature and easy going. From what I've seen of him, he seems like a friendly guy, but not a guy that take things seriously.
I totally agree with this. I think this is the main reason he did not make the right decisions or put in the right amount of work alongside injuries.

But this also makes me kinda like Dwight. He is at least intimate and honest. He is just a feeling of let-down expectations in regards to being a basketball fan.

I remember watching him taking post-up lessons from Hakeem. He tried a few, and then went ahead and dunked it like a kid that 's bored of his class. I understood at that moment what kind of a character he is.

I totally agree with this. I think this is the main reason he did not make the right decisions or put in the right amount of work alongside injuries.

But this also makes me kinda like Dwight. He is at least intimate and honest. He is just a feeling of let-down expectations in regards to being a basketball fan.

I remember watching him taking post-up lessons from Hakeem. He tried a few, and then went ahead and dunked it like a kid that 's bored of his class. I understood at that moment what kind of a character he is.

Good example.
There's another story out there that he ate 24 candy bars a day.

He's a very likeable guy. He's a real dude that happens to be an incredible athlete. No doubt he's worked harder at basketball than anything I've ever done in my life, it's too bad we criticize him for not being perfect.

Good example.
There's another story out there that he ate 24 candy bars a day.

He's a very likeable guy. He's a real dude that happens to be an incredible athlete. No doubt he's worked harder at basketball than anything I've ever done in my life, it's too bad we criticize him for not being perfect.
The same could be said of most people in society, and special emphasis in Utah.
Let it go, let people be people and flawed, and like them still.

Maybe I do like Dwight a little bit more after reading this. Thanks, I guess.