What's new

Dallas Mavericks @ Utah Jazz 3/26/11

Make a note: ball movement not real effective in the 4th quarter, rebounding not consistent, defense is average, range shooting non-existent, no one has the ability to take his man off the dribble.... The Jazz need length, athleticism and skill at at least 3 positions here. Harris and AK would help. Millsap just isn't a game changer against teams with interior D.

Wasn't expecting a win Dallas is great, but still dissapointing to completely collapse like a house of cards in the 4th.

The Jazz definitely need to draft a guard who can score and not just run around--a quick mobile scorer with range, a quick trigger, and a mid-range game--someone who can really stir the pot. The Jazz guards got out-scored by more than 20 points by Kidd/Terry/Beaubois/Barea.

To be honest, the Jazz would also do well to draft a C to play a three-man rotation with Jefferson and Favors. They still need a real center who plays in the lane. I'm not sure Favors is going to do that. I'm not sure what to say about Millsap right now. He's an undersized face-up PF. If Fess and Elson can't even get off the bench in a game like this, I'm not sure what to say about them either.

If Williams and Irving are off the board, and Perry Jones or Jan Vesely don't look like the perfect mis-match secret weapons, I think the Jazz will draft a Euro big like Kanter or Valanciunus with their early pick and go combo-guard with their second pick. I'm not in the Barnes camp at the moment, because I'm not sure he's got the foot speed or handle to be much if any better than Hayward or Miles. I'd rather have a real slasher and let Miles and Hayward spot up.

I thought Bell had an overall good effort tonight. He is limited offensively but he set good screens tonight and scrapped for several rebounds and steals.

He had one solid steal under the basket. Don't even remember the other two. He literally cannot defend drivers anymore and the excuse he was needed on Terry and Beaubois doesn't wash. He absolutely wrecks the offense. All he does is throw the entry pass in and run to his spot on the perimeter. When he gets the ball on the perimeter, you don't even have to guard him because he sure as hell isn't going to create anything. He just passes to whoever is open closest to him. We run a ton of late clocks every single game. Bell is the single biggest reason for that. Because there is NO VALUE to Bell having the ball in his hands at any time on offense.

Bell 39 minutes. CJ 34. Hayward 21. It's illogical to the extreme.

He had one solid steal under the basket. Don't even remember the other two. He literally cannot defend drivers anymore and the excuse he was needed on Terry and Beaubois doesn't wash. He absolutely wrecks the offense. All he does is throw the entry pass in and run to his spot on the perimeter. When he gets the ball on the perimeter, you don't even have to guard him because he sure as hell isn't going to create anything. He just passes to whoever is open closest to him. We run a ton of late clocks every single game. Bell is the single biggest reason for that. Because there is NO VALUE to Bell having the ball in his hands at any time on offense.

Bell had a good game tonight. First one all year. Should have lost by 50.

I think this was a poorly coached game. Dallas had Jason Kidd playing the 3. Two guys less than 6 ft tall in for most of the 4th and we don't post up, what kind of offense was that?

bellcantexplain.jpg

I thought Bell had an overall good effort tonight. He is limited offensively but he set good screens tonight and scrapped for several rebounds and steals.

I don't think the Jazz have anyone worth setting a screen for right now.

This might be the worst Utah Jazz team of my lifetime.

Man, these guys suck!!! Can we bring back Ben Handblogen? No way he's a worse SG than what we currently have.

Can't believe the Jazz didn't take whatever deal Minny was offering for Raja. Don't care if it wasn't for another SG. We'd manage.

Two more years.

Bell won't be back next year. Brian Smith reported that one unnamed Jazzman who is under contract next season doesn't expect to return. Speculation is that player is Bell. Don't know if he retires, gets bought out, or traded.

Bell won't be back next year. Brian Smith reported that one unnamed Jazzman who is under contract next season doesn't expect to return. Speculation is that player is Bell. Don't know if he retires, gets bought out, or traded.

or disappears behind a woodshed.