What's new

Dame Time

We probably not getting Dame w/o giving up Lauri or all the picks. I'm good for passing on that for a dude that hasn't played a full season in years, is probably going to age badly, and will make 60m in a few years.

We should have just kept Don if that's the case.
How many people have this belief? Raise your hands. I must be in the Twilight Zone.

If the Jazz have Dame Lillard locked in for 4 years, would that make it more or less likely that Luka will demand a trade and name Utah one of his preferred destinations?

Lillard / Luka / Lauri / Hendricks / Kessler. That's three All Stars and decent role players.
Except we don't know if Hendricks is any good yet. Also we see players have solid rookie years all the time and then regress so I think it is a little too early to know what we have in Kessler as well. Then we are talking about another year or 2 down the line so Lillard would be 34 or 35 with a ton of mileage on his body and an age where players are usually firmly on the downside of their careers.

Donovan is every bit as good as Lillard.

No, he is not. He’s nowhere near the playmaker Dame is.

Last 4 years:

Dame - 29.4 PPG, 7.6 APG, 4.4 RPG on 45/38/91 shooting splits. 38% on 10.5 3’s per game is ELITE.

Donovan - 26.1 PPG, 4.8 APG, 4.1 RPG on 46/37/86 shooting splits.

No, he is not. He’s nowhere near the playmaker Dame is.

Last 4 years:

Dame - 29.4 PPG, 7.6 APG, 4.4 RPG on 45/38/91 shooting splits. 38% on 10.5 3’s per game is ELITE.

Donovan - 26.1 PPG, 4.8 APG, 4.1 RPG on 46/37/86 shooting splits.
You can't go back 4yrs. Donovan is just entering his prime while Lillard has firmly been in his prime the last 4 yrs. Also Mitchell hasn't played pg as his primary position for most of his career. You have to base it on last year and Mitchell was every bit as good as Dame last year. Also when it comes to the playoffs Mitchell has been just as good as Lillard when it really matters.

Playoff career averages

Lillard- 25.7pts, 4.5rbs, 6.2asts, 41.2%fg, 36.9%3pt, 40.3min

Mitchell- 27.8pts, 5rbs, 5asts, 43.1%fg, 35.9% 3pt, 37.5min

Last edited:
You can't go back 4yrs. Donovan is just entering his prime while Lillard has firmly been in his prime the last 4 yrs. Also Mitchell hasn't played pg as his primary position for most of his career. You have to base it on last year and Mitchell was every bit as good as Dame last year.

28/4/4 vs 32/7/5 but yeah sure he was every bit as good. Maybe sit this one out buddy. The kids table is to the left there with Eddie Zero.

28/4/4 vs 32/7/5 but yeah sure he was every bit as good. Maybe sit this one out buddy. The kids table is to the left there with Eddie Zero.
ooo-bateman.gif

Last edited:
One of the reasons Lillard keeps wearing the number Zero is the “O” in Ogden.

He would be able to keep wearing his “0”.

I love Dame and have for years but not sure I want him at this point given age and salary. I also think that if we want him we can get him without giving up LM or WK because of the picks we can give but I dont see it happening.

Lillard, George
Ochai, Clarkson
Markkanen, Sensaubaugh
Collins, Luka
Kessler, Olynyk

Nice, balanced team.

Easily top 4-5 in the West next season.

If this does happen, i wonder if the Collins’ deal was part of the plan to ready our team and luring Lillard to Utah.