What's new

Dame Time

Are the Jazz with Lillard better team than Miami with LIllard? Because I don't think Miami with Lillard is top tier contender either...
Wait... the team that just went to the finals could add Dame and not be a top tier contender? They would for sure be a top tier contender and I think the Heat with Jimmy and Bam are better than what we would have but we'd be much deeper.

I don't think we rise to the convo of for sure contender... its more of the "we are in the convo if things break right" type of thing. But with the parity the league has I think its easier than ever to see one of those teams break through.

That said... I need the price to be reasonable and I would want Dame's blessing. Not sure either happen.

I also love the idea that Collins is gonna be so awesome playing with Dame who is as ball dominant as Trae but not even close to as good of a passer.

Okay bud.

Jokic is also a better point than Dame.
And both Lauri/Dame are better than Murray....

And John Collins is more talented than either Gordon or Porter Jr.

And Kessler has 1st team defense potential.

And Keyonte/Hendricks are promising young players.

And Jordan Clarkson is a 6th man of the year candidate.

And Ochai is burgeoning shooter.

It would be incredible if KGeorge came right out of the gate tonight and became DLillard V2
Then Jazz would not have to give up so much to get Original DLillard :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited:

Cy going off right now. Keep it going man!!!

It would be incredible if KGeorge came right out of the gate tonight and became DLilliard V2
Then Jazz would not have to give up so much to get Original DLilliard :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Or he is Lillard V2 and you get Lillard V1 and now you have two great players.

Wait... the team that just went to the finals could add Dame and not be a top tier contender? They would for sure be a top tier contender and I think the Heat with Jimmy and Bam are better than what we would have but we'd be much deeper.
Yes. I think they got REALLY REALLY lucky with their path to the finals. And they already lost some of their key role players and might lose more when they trade for Lillard.
I don't think we rise to the convo of for sure contender... its more of the "we are in the convo if things break right" type of thing. But with the parity the league has I think its easier than ever to see one of those teams break through.

That said... I need the price to be reasonable and I would want Dame's blessing. Not sure either happen.
I kind of agree with you assessment. "in the convo if things break right" but that's very far from what Cy said "Jazz with Lillard should be enough to win a ring". And that's why I said earlier - if we get LIllard I don't want us to half *** it and we should go all in and target one or more top tier players to add in order to get to legit contender status. I don't want us to give up like.. .half our assets only to be out in second round of the playoffs again...

Keyonte or Hendricks are probably in the deal. MPJ is way more talented than Collins and doesn’t need his table set as immaculately. And Gordon is perfect for them. And Lauri has played one great season ever. I think if Murray’s job was to dominate the ball all game then he gets more shine.

I get that we’re starting to get bored, but maybe that’s a cue that we should be spending our time doing something that’s not being on a message board all summer.

Keyonte or Hendricks are probably in the deal. MPJ is way more talented than Collins and doesn’t need his table set as immaculately. And Gordon is perfect for them. And Lauri has played one great season ever. I think if Murray’s job was to dominate the ball all game then he gets more shine.

I get that we’re starting to get bored, but maybe that’s a cue that we should be spending our time doing something that’s not being on a message board all summer.
Keyonte and Hendricks arent in the deal. Who is the young rookie prospect Miami is giving up? It can be Sensabaugh.

How many wins do you think this Jazz team without Lillard gets?

Are you serious? MPJ needs his table set way more immaculately than Collins.

And to reiterate, I dont think you HAVE to get Lillard. I wouldnt overpay for him, but the Jazz should be in the conversation to see if the Miami offer is so low that it's easy to clear.
Why wouldn't you overpay if your really think "Lillard should be enough for a ring"?

Why wouldn't you overpay if your really think "Lillard should be enough for a ring"?
Because there are obvious risk. You can be good enough for a ring and there are still unknown factors that make winning a ring unlikely.

I also think you get all these assets for sustainable team building w/ ability to compete at a high level for a large window, not using them all on a one shot kind of thing.