What's new

Dame Time

I laugh at the offers being offered for Dame. I agree that I would not give up a ton for Dame because of his age and contract but if I am the gm of the Blazers all conversations start with Hendricks and 3 frp.

I am not saying I would give that to them but that is where it starts.
I would if he had played more games last year.

Sexton >>>> Herro just based on the contract alone. The Blazers could actually move Sexton on his deal.

No team would want to pay a roleplayer over $30 mil per season under this new CBA which is basically a hard cap once you reach that 2nd apron. The Warriors had to include a FRP to get off that Poole contract.

In Tony Jones’ latest piece, he says the Jazz are targeting players age 24-28 as they continue to build the roster. They want players around Lauri’s age.

That suggests to me Dame isn’t a priority for the Jazz. Still believe Luka is their primary target at trade deadline or ‘24 summer.

In Tony Jones’ latest piece, he says the Jazz are targeting players age 24-28 as they continue to build the roster. They want players around Lauri’s age.

That suggests to me Dame isn’t a priority for the Jazz. Still believe Luka is their primary target at trade deadline or ‘24 summer.
Not a comprehensive list at all, but here’s some of the guys the Jazz could be interested in if they’re looking for guys in that range.

Jaxson Hayes, C, New Orleans Pelicans (23)
Darius Bazley, PF, Phoenix Suns (23)
Troy Brown, Jr., SG, LA Lakers (23)
Mo Bamba, C, LA Lakers (25)
Jalen McDaniels, PF, Philadelphia (25)
Derrick Jones, Jr., SF, Chicago (26)
Max Strus, SG, Miami (27)
Gabe Vincent, PG, Miami (27)
D’Angelo Russell, PG, LA Lakers (27)
Dillon Brooks, SF, Memphis (27)
Kelly Oubre, Jr., SF, Charlotte (27)
Kyle Kuzma, SF, Washington (27)
Yuta Watanabe, SF, Brooklyn (28)

Dennis Schroder, PG, LA Lakers (29)
Georges Niang, PF, Philadelphia (30)
Kyrie Irving, PG, Dallas (31)

Not a comprehensive list at all, but here’s some of the guys the Jazz could be interested in if they’re looking for guys in that range.

Jaxson Hayes, C, New Orleans Pelicans (23)
Darius Bazley, PF, Phoenix Suns (23)
Troy Brown, Jr., SG, LA Lakers (23)
Mo Bamba, C, LA Lakers (25)
Jalen McDaniels, PF, Philadelphia (25)
Derrick Jones, Jr., SF, Chicago (26)
Max Strus, SG, Miami (27)
Gabe Vincent, PG, Miami (27)
D’Angelo Russell, PG, LA Lakers (27)
Dillon Brooks, SF, Memphis (27)
Kelly Oubre, Jr., SF, Charlotte (27)
Kyle Kuzma, SF, Washington (27)
Yuta Watanabe, SF, Brooklyn (28)

Dennis Schroder, PG, LA Lakers (29)
Georges Niang, PF, Philadelphia (30)
Kyrie Irving, PG, Dallas (31)
+Ayo Dosunmu (23)

I absolutely believe that this is Ainge’s way of thinking. Things have already started going sideways in Dallas with their horrid performance after adding Kyrie. If Kyrie
re-ups with the Mavs, I could easily see their dysfunction being the NBA’s lead story by November. Plus, I don’t see Luka as the type of guy who’s gonna be content to stick around Dallas for the next 3-4 years while watching Cuban bumble from bad trade to bad trade.

If a trade demand actually comes to fruition, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the resources Utah has to put together a package for Luka that would allow the Jazz to keep some of their core players while pressuring Dallas into a draft pick heavy package that nobody can match.

Luka is 100% diva, but he’s also one of the 5 best basketball players on the planet who hasn’t even sniffed his peak years yet. Hardy coaching a front court made up of Luka, Kessler, and Laurie would be so down right filthy, children under the age of 18 would no longer be able to attend games at the Delta Center.

I absolutely believe that this is Ainge’s way of thinking. Things have already started going sideways in Dallas with their horrid performance after adding Kyrie. If Kyrie
re-ups with the Mavs, I could easily see their dysfunction being the NBA’s lead story by November. Plus, I don’t see Luka as the type of guy who’s gonna be content to stick around Dallas for the next 3-4 years while watching Cuban bumble from bad trade to bad trade.

If a trade demand actually comes to fruition, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the resources Utah has to put together a package for Luka that would allow the Jazz to keep some of their core players while pressuring Dallas into a draft pick heavy package that nobody can match.

Luka is 100% diva, but he’s also one of the 5 best basketball players on the planet who hasn’t even sniffed his peak years yet. Hardy coaching a front court made up of Luka, Kessler, and Laurie would be so down right filthy, children under the age of 18 would no longer be able to attend games at the Delta Center.
Think they’d def play Luka at the point, but agree it would be nasty.

If there is any star out there worth grabbing I do believe it would be Luka.

However I don’t want a black hole on the Jazz. If it happens I hope he can find a good balance with the team and not have to be 80+% usage rating

If there is any star out there worth grabbing I do believe it would be Luka.

However I don’t want a black hole on the Jazz. If it happens I hope he can find a good balance with the team and not have to be 80+% usage rating

That’s certainly a valid worry. I realize we’re just 1 season in to the Will Hardy experience, but so far he’s proven to be very adept at carving out a good role for players that can easily be a chucker on any given night, see: Clarkson.

Restricted Free Agents

Ayo Dosunmu, PG, Chicago (23)
Herb Jones, SF, New Orleans (24)
Grant Williams, PF, Boston (24)
Mack McClung, PG, Philadelphia (24)
Luka Garza, C, Minnesota (24)
Austin Reaves, PG, LA Lakers (25)
Rui Hachimura, PF, LA Lakers (25)
Cam Johnson, SF, Brooklyn (27)
I swear I read somewhere that the pelican removed the restrictions on herb jones?

A large part of me thinks…**** it. Get him. We’d have hopefully a three to four year window with him to win it all. But my biggest question is, is the rest of the team experienced and mature enough to sustain a deep playoff drive with him? Is Lauri ready to be a number two on a title team? My fear is once they are ready, Dame will be 35 and on his downward slope and we will not be in sync.

Restricted Free Agents

Ayo Dosunmu, PG, Chicago (23)
Herb Jones, SF, New Orleans (24)
Grant Williams, PF, Boston (24)
Mack McClung, PG, Philadelphia (24)
Luka Garza, C, Minnesota (24)
Austin Reaves, PG, LA Lakers (25)
Rui Hachimura, PF, LA Lakers (25)
Cam Johnson, SF, Brooklyn (27)

Reaves we’ve discussed at length. Ayo isn’t as intriguing as he should be. But Herb Jones is super intriguing. Dude is an absolute stud on defense and fits our timeline perfectly. If he could improve slightly from 3 (33% now) which I feel he definitely could as NO is a ********, he could be our Bruce Bowen type starter. I’d consider making a real offer to him and see how things unfold at the 1 with George, THT and company. All of course if we do move Clarkson.

Last edited:
Lauri-Jones-THT
Collins-Hendricks-Jones
Kessler-Hendricks

We’d be absolutely set up front. GGJ.

They declined his final year to make him a RFA. He would have been a UFA if they kept him on his cheap deal and let him hit the market next year.
I’m pretty sure this is what Denver did with Jokic before they extended him off his rookie contract. Let him hit RFA a year earlier so they could offer a long-term extension for him before he would have to expire or extend his contract at the lower amount. I’m pretty sure it’s just a formality to a long-term extension for Herb Jones.

I’m pretty sure this is what Denver did with Jokic before they extended him off his rookie contract. Let him hit RFA a year earlier so they could offer a long-term extension for him before he would have to expire or extend his contract at the lower amount. I’m pretty sure it’s just a formality to a long-term extension for Herb Jones.
Yup, and honestly, I think ****ing the Pelicans with a Herb Jones offer might be more interesting than the Austin Reaves stuff. You can find a number for the Pelicans that will scare them off. You cant do that with Reaves.