What's new

Dame Time

I only "cherrypicked" Murray's 2nd half of the season because you said, and I quote, "Last year he got off to a somewhat slow start shaking off the rust from not playing 1 1/2 years but by midseason he was clearly playing at an all star level."

This "cherrypicking", by the way, made Murray look better, not Lauri.

lol

"If we remove Lauri's best months and only focus on Murray's best months". And this guy says I'm cherrypicking?

Lol I tried telling him where the kids table was but he didn’t want to listen.

A couple pods have also mentioned DA also may delight in blocking Riley from getting Dame… I would not discount the chance that DA is partly in these convos to make sure Riley pays full price.

He’s going to have to pay full price regardless I think.

If we get Dame I think its because we put Hendricks in the deal with 3 good picks (2 unprotected picks and the Lakers pick). Likely route all expiring contracts to Portland by looping in a third team that wants Sexton. If you are "in" on getting Dame I think that's the price you should consider when making your declaration.
That’s been my sense too.

7.3 APG says otherwise
At that usage rate (33.8, 5th in the NBA)? That’s fine. It’s not awesome.

To contrast, Trae Young was 9th in usage rate and averaged 10.2 assists. And he supposedly was so selfish and choked Collins’ game. Yet, a Collins highlight reel is more of a Trae Young highlight reel of his passing. So with a guy that is half the passer he’s gonna be better? I know vibes can change a lot but that’s putting a lot of weight on good vibes if we’re to believe Collins is gonna have a glow up in this situation.

Last edited:
I only "cherrypicked" Murray's 2nd half of the season because you said, and I quote, "Last year he got off to a somewhat slow start shaking off the rust from not playing 1 1/2 years but by midseason he was clearly playing at an all star level."

This "cherrypicking", by the way, made Murray look better, not Lauri.

lol

"If we remove Lauri's best months and only focus on Murray's best months". And this guy says I'm cherrypicking?

Post all star break isn't the 2nd half of the season buddy. To say your cherry picking made his numbers look better is pretty comical as well. Also Lauri's best shooting months are likely not repeatable. In November he shot 54.5% from the field and 43.9% from 3. In December he shot 53.4% from the field and 48.5% from 3. I bet those are 2 of the better shooting months in nba history with the type of volume he was getting up.

At that usage rate (33.8, 5th in the NBA)? That’s fine. It’s not awesome.

To contrast, Trae Young was 9th in usage rate and averaged 10.2 assists. And he supposedly was so selfish and choked Collins’ game. Yet, a Collins highlight reel is more of a Trae Young highlight reel of his passing. So with a guy that is half the passer he’s gonna be better? I know vibes can change a lot but that’s putting a lot of weight on good vibes if we’re to believe Collins is gonna have a glow up in this situation.

Go look at the other guys besides Trae and it’s significantly less APG.

Post all star break isn't the 2nd half of the season buddy.
2nd half of the season Murray: 33.7 mpg, 21.2 ppg on 57.9 TS%, 54.9 EFG%, 6.6 apg, 3.5 rpg
Lauri full season: 34.4 mpg, 25.6 ppg on 64.1 TS%, 58.7 EFG%, 1.9 apg, 8.6 rpg

Lauri still comes out on top it seems.

To say your cherry picking made his numbers look better is pretty comical as well. Also Lauri's best shooting months are likely not repeatable. In November he shot 54.5% from the field and 43.9% from 3. In December he shot 53.4% from the field and 48.5% from 3. I bet those are 2 of the better shooting months in nba history with the type of volume he was getting up.

Sip: "If you remove Lauri's 2 best months and all of Murray's worst months, it's actually a close comparison."

Also Sip: "I really hate it when people cherrypick"

Go look at the other guys besides Trae and it’s significantly less APG.
You mean whose role is to not set up other players and are better at getting to the rim?

IDK, man. I have never been wowed by Dame’s PG chops and I’m not seeing stuff now that is changing my mind.

You mean whose role is to not set up other players and are better at getting to the rim?

IDK, man. I have never been wowed by Dame’s PG chops and I’m not seeing stuff now that is changing my mind.

Shai? Fox? Kyrie?

I hope we sit tight and grow from within. We have some promising young talent, time to see how it develops. I have real concerns about Dame being targeted in the playoffs. After Mitchell, I want guys that will give it their all and not take plays off.

Look, I have no idea what it would take, I just know what I've seen as the reported Miami deal. Maybe Dame changes his mind if Utah can talk to him and sell the idea, I have no idea. Also have no idea if Portland will actually honor him to Miami.

All I know if the deal is just two first (or like two and a weaker first like the LA, or one of our own protected) and Sensabaugh and w/e bench players we need for filler, I'm in.

Cy

Also Cy.

Windhorst is reporting that Miami doesn’t have an offer that Portland is interested in.

This is gold , I’m all for Portland getting as much as they can for Dame .

Not sure id want to take him on if he didn’t want to be here .

I don’t mind Jazz as 3rd team acquiring Herro for basically nothing …