What's new

Dame Time

This is gold , I’m all for Portland getting as much as they can for Dame .

Not sure id want to take him on if he didn’t want to be here .

I don’t mind Jazz as 3rd team acquiring Herro for basically nothing …
The problem is that they need like two First round picks from Herro. Giving him away for nothing doesn't help them at all.

Nobody is giving them two first round picks for Herro. . .

I'm fairly certain the rest of the NBA front offices would love to see the Heat get stiffed here. No one is going to do them a favor on the discount.

The problem is that they need like two First round picks from Herro. Giving him away for nothing doesn't help them at all.

Nobody is giving them two first round picks for Herro. . .

I doubt anyone is going to help out Miami in that situation ,nor do we want any firsts going to Portland .

Enter DA

There are no scenarios where the Heat magically generate two or more first round picks with the assets they are offering, no matter how many teams get involved.
They can give two of their own… the key is can they get one for Herro. Can they get one or two if they combine Herro, Jacquez and Jovic? They can also assume Nurkic.

Now if they can’t get anything good there then it’s really Brooklyn, Philly and Utah. Philly needs some help too… would need to get a pick or two for Harden and a pick or two for Maxey and they’d be in business.

Never doubt Pat Riley… he has made things magically appear before… like the cap space to “sign” Jimmy Butler.

They can give two of their own… the key is can they get one for Herro. Can they get one or two if they combine Herro, Jacquez and Jovic? They can also assume Nurkic.

Now if they can’t get anything good there then it’s really Brooklyn, Philly and Utah. Philly needs some help too… would need to get a pick or two for Harden and a pick or two for Maxey and they’d be in business.

Never doubt Pat Riley… he has made things magically appear before… like the cap space to “sign” Jimmy Butler.

Herro isn't getting a first, unless it is a heavily protected garbage pick. Miami has been reluctant to give up Jaques and Jovic. I think if they just gave up those two plus the picks Miami might be in business. They won't though. They probably shouldn't either.

If the reports are true that Dame is that hell bent on Miami, I’m out too. My interest would turn to trying to squeeze some assets outta being the 3rd or 4th team in the deal. I have no interest in giving up our assets to get him if he’s gonna be all pouty about it.

This has turned into an interesting debate though. Some Jazz fans are in because they think Dame makes us a contender. Some are out because he doesn’t fit our timeline, and some don’t want him because they just don’t think he’s that good.

Seems like no matter what the Jazz do from here, some fans will be unhappy. Should they sell off assets and take a chance when a guy like Dame becomes available? Should they just keep their picks and keep selecting players that they hope will eventually turn into franchise cornerstones? For people voting for that path, I don’t think they understand just how long that process will take and that’s assuming the Jazz get EXTREMELY lucky and hit on more than 1 or 2 of their picks. Should they continue to add/sit on their assets (pun intended) and hope that a guy like Luka demands a trade and is willing to play here.

With what we know about Ainge, I’d be very shocked to see him just continue to make a bunch of picks and cross his fingers. At some point- and maybe it still happens with Dame, he’s gonna basically make an “all-in” type of move when a big name is available and by the looks of it, it’s probably gonna piss a lot of Jazz fans off.

Herro isn't getting a first, unless it is a heavily protected garbage pick. Miami has been reluctant to give up Jaques and Jovic. I think if they just gave up those two plus the picks Miami might be in business. They won't though. They probably shouldn't either.
Herro is becoming seriously underrated. I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up 25, 5 and 5 In the next few years.

Here's my sense: No, he doesn't change our timeline. But if we have a chance to get him with only (or mostly) just giving up some of our stockpile? Well, that's what they're there for. And then we change the timeline. Lauri is a star NOW, can Kessler be #3? Is there anyone else available who could take us over the top?

It's a plan. Not a straitjacket.

Dame is hell bent on going to Miami.
Cronin is hell bent on getting a superstar package.

Both of those things cannot happen simultaneously with the pieces Miami is waving around.... so the question is who has to give in?

If other teams are afraid they get a malcontent 33+ year old on a 60M/y contract then Cronins dream isnt reality. No one sells the farm for that.

Herro is becoming seriously underrated. I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up 25, 5 and 5 In the next few years.
Agreed. Dude put up 20/5/4 on pretty nice efficiency and improved defense last year while being pretty young. His issue is the contract is a slight overpay and he wouldn't do anything for Utah that we don't already with Clarkson (and George apparently), But if a team needs a guard, they can do far, far worse that Tyler. So yeah, he's worth a nice pick if you need someone to run to the 2.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we got a good youngin' out of this for a pick or two just to spite Riley,

Agreed. Dude put up 20/5/4 on pretty nice efficiency and improved defense last year while being pretty young. His issue is the contract is a slight overpay and he wouldn't do anything for Utah that we don't already with Clarkson (and George apparently), But if a team needs a guard, they can do far, far worse that Tyler. So yeah, he's worth a nice pick if you need someone to run to the 2.
I don't think his contract is an overpay at all with his level of play. The issue for the blazers is simply that they already have 3 young guards in Henderson, Sharpe and Simons that should all get 30+ minutes a game.

Regardless of whatever Ainge’s ideal timeline was at the beginning of this rebuild, and regardless of however the Dame situation resolves itself, it would probably behoove Danny to try and speed up that timeline.

We just watched a solid but not spectacular Denver team win a title over a Heat squad that damn near missed the playoffs all together. Golden State’s dynasty came and went, Lebron is almost done. While the rest of the West looks like an arm race on paper, we’ve started to see the idea of super teams fail pretty miserably in a few different major markets. On the flip side of all the superstars in their twilight, teams like OKC and Houston have drafted really well and are certainly on their way back up. Dallas might figure it out with Luka, and if Victor lives up to the hype, San Antonio will have a say in what happens out west for a long time.

It’s right there for the taking RIGHT NOW. I can understand the caution many Jazz fans are preaching. The wrong move at the wrong time would absolutely doom this rebuild. With that being said, if there ever was a window for Danny to be aggressive, this would be “exhibit A” as to why it should be now.

If we do trade for Dame, as far as I am concerned it will kill this franchise for the next decade. He is at this point overrated.

I don't think his contract is an overpay at all with his level of play. The issue for the blazers is simply that they already have 3 young guards in Henderson, Sharpe and Simons that should all get 30+ minutes a game.
No argument there. I was simply referring to the general fan perception of him.