What's new

Dame Time

I'd just give minutes to Keyonte George rather than trade for Tyler Herro.
A lot of us would. According to a jazz beat writer (I think it was tony jones but not sure) the jazz are planning on george spending time in the g-league though.

This stuff reminds me so much of the things that happened last year with Mitchell and the Knicks. Tons and tons of leaks about what was offered and what was rejected...tons and tons of different frameworks... what was demanded and what was necessary. It's Herro and 2 1sts, no it's Herro and 3... actually it's Jaquez and Herro and two... but maybe it's 2 1st and 2 swaps...

I think the more Miami refuses to put everything they can offer in this trade the more likely it is there will be a third team that swoops in and barely beats their best(not very good) offer.
If that's really the offer on the table Portland should probably just take it (granted there could be less than stellar details aka pick protections). I don't think this is going to be a situation where another suitor pops up with a big offer.

Though I also presume deals will be much easier months down the line when more players are tradeable, so this will probably get drawn out.

Okay, please feel free to tell me what I'm about to propose is crazy, stupid, illegal to the CBA or just wrong for some other reason.

I think I've cracked the code. I see people complain that trading Sexton, THT and a 1st is just giving up too much value since Sexton provides like 85-90% of what Herro provides.

Jazz Trade: Sexton, THT & middle pick of the '25 Jazz/Cavs/Wolves pick
Jazz Receive: Herro & Miami 30' 1st round pick.

Rationale: Presently Miami doesn't own a 2025 1st round pick, so that's preventing them from trading either their 2024 or 2026 picks to Portland. And because of protections on the 2025 pick they owe, they can't trade 2027 1st either. By getting one of our 2025 1sts, it completely opens up what they can offer. They can now trade a 24, 26, 28 & 30 1st round pick. This frees up the extra pick that Portland wants, so they can send 24, 26 and 28 to Portland, and we get the 30 1st to help them get their trade completed, and return some additional value for what we're giving up. Miami then can potentially trade Sexton to another team for possibly another 1st. Teams are a lot more willing to take a 17 million dollar contract than a 30 million dollar one. THT give them either additional filler to Portland, or they can keep him for bench depth.

And where on earth is Miami pulling all those picks from? Between the seat cushions?
Yeah, they are one short, but that one is a real headache for them. Their '25 pick is 1-14 protected going to OKC, then unprotected in '26, so I guess that means that unless they can barter with Thunder to e.g. make it unprotected '26 only, they can't trade '24', '25, '26 or '27. Then can do '28 + '30 plus swaps in '24, ('25 or '26), '27, '29, but those first ones are really uninteresting to Portland.

Lmao. How is Hero part of the package and still managing 4 firsts? Where are the other two picks coming from??
They only need to get their '25/'26 pick back from OKC to be able to trade all their future FRPs from what I can understand, but I guess that will take some work. In any case, that would be a ridiculuous amount of assets to give up. They'll get Dame for way less, I think.

Herro, Jovic and Robinson for Lillard and Nurkic (I assume he's definitely negative value for Blazers now) works, then you add in '28 and '30 plus swap in '29 as the key pieces. Swaps in '24, '25/'26 and '27 as added bonus.