What's new

Danny Ainge hired as CEO of basketball operations

It's kind of funny that the one off-season JZ had, he actually did quite well.

He did a really good trade for Butler and signed Rudy Gay. Nothing to really complain about other than the Favors trade, but he was forced to do that.
I think he lacks the polish or charisma of some more well known GMs but he gets **** done. Literally checked every ****ing box this offseason that you could have reasonably asked. Every move was positive. The cash thing was an ownership mandate.

So now we bring in the more polished experienced guy to take JZ's shine. This is the **** I couldn't handle in the big consulting firms I worked in. JZ wasn't a big enough name. Hopefully he sticks around because I think he's pretty damn good.

Someone should ask him, “how much more would you have to work with right now had the Jazz been able to cash in on a max TPE?”
I'm sure our "tough" media guys will ask the hard questions. I'll bet the can't wait to go hard at him... there is no way they will just slap his back and talk about how great he is... no way.

I dont really like that it's a whole "he's good friends with the owner thing". If Ainge does a **** job, is Ryan going to have the balls to fire him?
Exactly... I have some family that have a business and I basically told them we shouldn't hire friends or family unless they are like twice as good as what we can get from non-friends. Every time they ignore me on this it blows up spectacularly.

I guess a positive is that Ainge can non-emotionally trade a guy like Clarkson, and since he isnt handling day-to-day operations, he won't have to deal with the players and JZ can play good cop on the ground floor.

PLayers: Yo what the **** JZ we loved Clarkson

JZ: Dont look at me, it was that bastard Ainge, he took my damn job too.

Unity in hating Ainge = championship.

I guess a positive is that Ainge can non-emotionally trade a guy like Clarkson, and since he isnt handling day-to-day operations, he won't have to deal with the players and JZ can play good cop on the ground floor.
He gets to be the hatchet man… JZ go tell everyone I traded their favorite dude.

My dads exit form the workforce happened a few years ago. A big computer chip company had him spend 9 months laying off tons of employees… many of which had become friends… at the end of the cuts he rolled into his office to see three suits there and he told them “you have to be ****ing kidding me” … they gave him the boot after making him the bad guy.

Ainge did great accumulating assets, but he is a win-lose. Not a fan of those types. Did he come with a Hayward TPE?

He gets to be the hatchet man… JZ go tell everyone I traded their favorite dude.

My dads exit form the workforce happened a few years ago. A big computer chip company had him spend 9 months laying off tons of employees… many of which had become friends… at the end of the cuts he rolled into his office to see three suits there and he told them “you have to be ****ing kidding me” … they gave him the boot after making him the bad guy.
Corporate America dirty as hell lmfao

I wonder what Wade said to Ryan about this before it happened. If there’s an important zeitgeist about Danny amongst the players, I’m sure Wade had access to that intel.

Cool, we hired a guy that wouldn't do a sign and trade for Gordo and then absolutely demanded one for trading Gordo away. Sounds like a great pick up....

You sure this wasn't just the intro to The Dark Knight?